Holding Hands

30 Days of Taeco

Fans screaming, s shouting, calling out to them laughingly, smiling, playback from instruments and squeaky shoe soles on the stage; Woo Jiho's life is not a quiet one.

That's okay, though. He quite likes the noise.

Sweat soaks him, sticks his clothes to his skin and his hair to his face, makes keeping hold of his mic harder and harder the longer the concert goes on. Yukwon and Minhyuk are worse off than him, makeup running messily down their cheeks, muscles twitching. They have genuine smiles on their faces despite the soreness of their over-used bodies, and keep interracting playfully with the people in the audience.

The showcase is coming to a close, as many woeful groans in the audience as there are gleeful cheers. Jiho feels so hyped up, blood buzzing as it races beneath his skin, ears ringing and face splitting; he feels like he's on top of the world.

He shouts something at a row of girls close to the stage, he can't really tell what but it makes them scream and cover their faces with small, trembling hands, and he skips away, satisfied. 

He readjusts his hat, wipes his wet hair out of his dilated eyes, and sees him.

Happily shoving at Jihoon's shoulders as the maknae tries to him, giggling as he runs away and pushes Jaehyo into Jihoon's waiting claws.

Jiho's heart, already three sizes two big, nearly bursts in his chest with emotion as Taeil looks over, sees him, and starts over his way. Jiho meets him halfway in a near daze, along with the other members, who'd been listening to the voice in their earpieces telling them to wrap it up, say goodbye, and head off stage left. 

Jiho hadn't heard a thing.

Taeil looks up at him, shiny face beaming so hard that his glasses are tilted up on his nose, eyes so alive behind them; he's the most beautiful thing Jiho's ever seen in his whole life.

A hand grabs his left, Kyung, smiling out at the crowd like only he can, they're all linking hands down the row, ready to bow, only Taeil and Jiho are left.

Their fingers fit together like they'd been made that way, formed around each other and held with glue and tape and skin and everything they feel now, for each other and who they are.

They bow, and the lights dim.