During Their Morning Ritual(s)

30 Days of Taeco

Taeil is a perfect 100 percent sure that if the fans ever saw Jiho in the mornings that they don't have schedules, they'd never be able to take him seriously again.

 
He's stumbling out of bed now, thirty minutes after Taeil himself had gotten up, which is pretty normal for a lazy morning like this. Like Taeil he's in loose boxers and nothing else, pale skin itchy with sleep apparently as his fingers don't leave his own sides as he ambles over towards the bathroom. 
 
"Morning." Taeil says quietly, smiling to himself.
 
Jiho grunts and nods his head once.
 
Taeil, perched on the edge of the bathroom counter, scoots over to make room as Jiho comes in. This makes him almost as tall as his lanky boyfriend, so he has a perfect view of his sleep-swollen eyes and bird's nest of blonde hair. 
 
His twists his fingers together, overwhelmed with affection. 
 
He watches, lightly kicking his heels, as Jiho runs his long fingers through his hair and digs at the corners of his eyes in the mirror. 
 
So handsome, he's just incredible.
 
Taeil hops down once Jiho grabs their toothbrushes, and grabs his when it's held out to him. They dab mint toothpaste onto the bristles and get to work, noisily scrubbing side by side. Jiho accidentally gags himself while brushing his tongue, which in turn makes Taeil gag himself by laughing, and the two of them are giggling as they spit and rinse. 
 
Morning breath defeated, they turn in sync and share a brief good morning kiss. 
 
After smiling stupidly at each other for a moment, Jiho goes to grab a headband and Taeil a comb. As Taeil tames the mess on his own scalp, Jiho shoves his back with the broad headband and begins his skin routine. 
 
Bored by the multitude of creams and zit ointments, Taeil squeezes past Jiho's and out into their room. His bare chest and arms sport small goosebumps once he gets away from Jiho's not insubstantial body heat, so he pulls on one of his thinner hoodies and s in his drawer for a pair of track suit bottoms. By the time he's dressed Jiho has finished his face and stepped out of the bathroom, brushing his own hair.
 
"Are you stopping in at the studio today?" Taeil asks.
 
"Yeah." Jiho replies, looking apologetic.
 
Taeil waves it off. If there's anything he understands perfectly, it's the fact that Jiho needs to work or he'll go stir crazy.
 
"I'll make something for when you get back. Pasta?"
 
Jiho looks fit to start drooling then and there. "Yes please!"
 
Taeil laughs and goes to ruffle Jiho's newly-brushed head, returning the smile he gets in kind.