chapter 9

Please slow down the time for us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been three long weeks and nothing changed. 

Well, for Seungri that is.

No new special ability and no new animal to transform into.

He had to shift so many times, it wasn’t even possible to count anymore, he was sure it had been over 200 times and not a single progress could be seen. 

After wondering, why exactly the young man always turned into a baby panda instead of a fully grown one, Tablo decided to measure the pandas limps and weight him every time, but he didn’t even grow for a single centimeter. He was tiny and stayed tiny.

It didn’t help that he was allowed to take off the orthosis now either, the fitness training was indeed exhausting and he felt like his condition was getting better, but regarding his special ability it did nothing.

At least the maknae improved his logical thinking. The mental training was sometimes done with the whole group, which was as well calming as nerve wrecking, knowing the other members knew how he was doing. Turned out that Seungri was the best in the team at memorizing things and he also did well at imagining certain situations, how to avoid them and how to act if they couldn’t be avoided. However, even though he was familiar with cruelty and evil personalities, he wasn’t able to imagine how a person, an enemy to be precise, with such dark thoughts would act and how to foresee those behaviors. For some reason Jiyong was really good at this and always predicted possible outcomes the youngest would have never thought of. The leader was something else after all, he was excellent at nearly everything and Seungri guessed it was just logical the he was the leader of the group.

 

Despite practicing everything, he had learnt during training, at home, Seungri also tried to catch up with all of the missed stuff from university. He was really hard working and determined to not having to repeat a year. There was always something to do for him and in the end he barely saw any of the others anymore. He was sure they were busy too, Jiyong was gone most of the time, sometimes even for days and Seungri was sure that being a fashion designer and song writer was really time consuming. He couldn’t deny though, that especially during the nights he missed the older, who constantly used to cling to him during the first week, before he seemed to get so busy. They have become a little distant and it bothered the blonde boy to no end, because even when they saw each other Jiyong would simply smile at him politely as if he didn’t hold his hand and kissed him on the nose before. No arms were slung around the youngers shoulder, no bright gummy smile was shown and no Ri Babys were said.

It felt lonely.

 

Today was training again, just like the other five days of the week except Sunday, and Seungri was so done with the world. He was extremely exhausted, his whole body hurt and his mind was killing him. He only wanted to lay down for the first time in forever and do nothing, just nothing at all.

„You did well Seungri, it’s been only three weeks but your body and mind enhanced greatly. I’m proud of you, YG chose the right maknae for this team.“ Tablo smiled and patted the blondes shoulder.

„What about my ability though? Nothing about it changed. We tried so many things to find out whether I have another one or if I could at least shift into a bigger version of that damn animal, but nothing worked!“ Seungri flailed his arms while having his outburst of anger. Yes he was angry, angry at himself for being so useless. The whole point of this team at this very company was to be useful because of their special abilities, so why was he praised for improving everything but the thing he should improve? That’s not how it was supposed to be! He told everyone that he wouldn’t be of any help but they were all like ’but you are special, you are a shapeshifter, it’ll be fine, you’ll make progress’ and now here he was, still the same as before, despite training so ing hard every day. 

„Calm down, maybe it just needs some time.“

„No! Everybody is enhancing their abilities, I heard it from them! But I am failing miserably the entire ing time!“

„I said calm down!“ Tablos tone got strict. „If something like this happens during a mission just because you can’t control your emotions, then it could be the end of you. Never let something like this happen! Let’s stop here,it’s enough for today.“ With that, the instructor left without another word and Seungri felt so helpless. He did it again, he messed up.

 

Once again Seungri waited at the entrance hall. He still had that little bit of hope that Jiyong would come back from his training and would hug him, caressing his face or whispering sweet words to soothe the panda boys worries like he used to.

Just as he thought about it he heard steps coming closer from where the training halls are and when the young boy turned around he did see a familiar face - but the wrong one. 

In front of him stood Jiyongs instructor, he was relatively young and if Seungri remembered correctly, his name was Seven or something. Jiyong once told him one of his special abilities was to ’freeze’ people or objects, a mix of mental and detached abilities. If someones moves Seven could make him stop immediately, if something fell down, like a cup from a table, it would stop too and kind of float in the air.

„Seunghyun, you are still here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter