chapter 8

Please slow down the time for us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

„Okay Seungri, one more time!“ The instructor said and the young male closed his eyes once again. Sweat was rolling down his face and he was out of breath despite the lack of exercise you’d think he had. 

It has been three hours since the very beginning of their training and Seungri was forced to shift into his panda form over and over again. Even though he was concerned that it would worsen the current state of his leg he soon found out that nothing bad actually happens. For some reason the orthosis changed it’s size and form whenever he did. It would fit the little panda leg perfectly and he guessed that YG made sure that Dr. Wang gave him a more expensive orthosis, which was especially designed for shapeshifters.

 

The training was hard and Seungri wished he could take a break and look how the others were holding up. They were trained separately and the blonde boy didn’t even know if he did the same as his group members or if he had to do something completely else. He was sure, however, that they were doing better than him, after all they knew what was happening. For him everything was  like a big weird puzzle, and so many pieces were still missing.

 

Earlier, after they were brought to this building, they immediately got fetched by individual teachers. His instructor was called Tablo (he told him his real name too but Seungri forgot right after he was told he could call him Tablo) and he was as well funny as strict.

Seungri learned that he was of a higher rank because he could quickly become dangerous to the company due to his special abilities but also because those were extremely helpful. And yes, abilities, he had two of them. One of them was already dangerous enough, as he could see through walls or other objects without somebody noticing. Secrets could be easily found out by him and leaked. The other one made him an enemy to everyone with evil minds, because he can see whether a person has good or bad intentions. 

Seungri could only gape in awe after this, those abilities were so incredible compared to his own.

 

Tablo explained his student the same things that Jiyong had said to him before as well. Shapershifters were bound to have at least another ability because of the amount of energy they could handle. It was also possible for Seungri to be able to shift into another animal in the future, which was rather unlikely though, because a person is normally connected to the animal he turns into. Just like a human usually just has one identity a shapeshifter also has only one combined with one kind of animal, a panda in Seungris case. Shapershifters were rare in general but Shapeshifters with two animal identities were even more so.

 

„Okay, let’s take a break for now.“ Tablo said clapping his hands. „I do wonder though why you are only able to shift into a baby panda and not into a full grown version.“ he added while walking out of the training hall with Seungri following him.

„I always wondered about that too. Could it be that I can’t collect enough energy?“

„No, you did collect enough every single time, usually it’s about that amount of energy shapeshifters need to turn, some even need less for bigger animals with more strength, a horse for example. You see, it shouldn’t even be an issue because those who can change their form, naturally turn into a grown animal when they have reached a certain age. And you have reached said one a long time ago.“

Seungri looked at his feet in embarrassment and disappointment, he knew he was no good. People always tried to encourage him but in the end he was a failure, just as expected. He couldn’t even turn into a fully grown panda.

„Don’t worry, we will find out. It’s already amazing that you are a real shapeshifter, as I said the amount you collect is bigger than the amount I can handle and if that isn’t something to go by I don’t know.“ Tablo said with a gentle grin plastered on his face, making Seungri beam with excitement. Maybe he really had a second ability and if it was an awesome one everyone would forget about the useless baby panda topic.

 

„Oh right, you don’t know much about this whole mission thing yet right?“ Tablo asked when they reached the small canteen. Only a few people could be seen eating, chatting or reading books. It wasn’t like the giant overcrowded canteen at Seungris university, where it was always loud and had a similar atmosphere of a train station in the center of a big city. This one was rather quiet and somehow stylish.

„No I don’t, I never heard of this company before I got the letter, too.“ Seungri answered absentmindedly while he looked around with big eyes.

„You didn’t? So you were never told by your teacher.“ the tutor stated, not really surprised. 

„We were never taught about something like this in school, of course I wasn’t told.“ The younger snickered.

„Not in school, I meant your tutor.“ Tablo rolled his eyes at the obvious.

„I never had one though. Everything I know I learnt on my own and the last few days with the help of my hyungs.“

„You never had one?!“ The older stopped in his tracks and got a hold of Seungris arm to prevent him from just walking away.

„Err, no.“ He answered, feeling like he just had a deja vu.

„Why didn’t you tell me?! I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter