chapter 14

Please slow down the time for us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

„WHAT THE JIYONG?!“

„You little literally left us believing for two weeks that you had a girlfriend?!“

„And here we were wondering where she suddenly came from…“

 

After Jiyong spilled the secret of his mission, hell broke loose. Everyone, except Seungri, who was too overwhelmed, suddenly started freaking out and to the leader’s surprise their comments were mostly insults. He was actually happy and could barely wait to tell s about the mission but now that he did he wasn’t so sure anymore. His own excitement faded into confusion, the secret mission was hard on him after all, but of course the others wouldn’t know. It all started the day he got a call from YG personally, telling him to come to his office immediately.

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

„I have a question for you, Jiyong-ah and I trust you to tell me the truth. I have known you for a long time now so I expect you to be honest with me. It is really important, okay?“ 

Jiyong hadn’t even closed the big heavy door of the CEO’s main office yet when he was bombarded with the first monologue.

„Yes, what is it?“ The young leader said seriously and confidently walked towards the chair in front of YG. Compared to others he wasn’t intimidated by the boss of the company, Jiyong knew him for so long already, he was almost like a father to him, so he simply sat down and crossed his legs.

 

„Jiyong, do you have a girlfriend?“

Jiyong eyes widened in shock, he didn’t expect this kind of question to leave the mouth of the CEO. YG was never interested in people’s private lives as long as they didn’t interfere with his company’s business.

„What?“ the younger asked dumbfounded, caught by surprise. It wasn’t the smartest answer but he wasn’t prepared for this.

 

„Let me ask you differently. Do you have a partner or are you interested in someone?“

Jiyong wasn’t sure how to answer. Sure there have been those feelings for a certain cute panda lately, but this was nothing he felt like he should share with the CEO yet, also those feelings were something he cherished probably more than he should and he didn’t feel like talking about them. He wasn’t even sure himself what they were all about just yet.

 

„No, I don’t.“ 

He decided it was best to keep it for himself for now, as much as he listened to his boss and took his orders seriously, he wanted to protect those pure feelings he had. He didn’t want to hurt the younger in any way and until now the connection between them had been so raw and untouched, kind of beautiful even, that Jiyong was afraid if he talked about them, they could get affected, dragged down into the dirt of the cruel and ugly world. 

He wanted to protect Seungri in general. The day the younger boy signed the contract was also the day Jiyong realized he should have kept him from doing so. The maknae has been through more than most people could probably imagine but even though he had seen the dirtiest places in Seoul he somewhat was still pure and he undoubtedly had an angel like soul. 

Jiyong also knew very well that Seungri didn’t like it to be treated like a child, he didn’t want to be protected but for Jiyong it didn’t feel like protecting a child to begin with.

He only wanted to save the innocence the younger still had, the innocence that Jiyong had lost long ago. 

Oh, what would he do to get it back.

 

„Are you sure? Because this is important.“

„Yes, I am. I don’t have a partner nor am I interested in someone.“

„Alright then. I asked you this for a reason. Do you remember Kim Jihye? You met her once a few years ago.“

Jiyong raised his eyebrows in suspicion. What was he on about?

„Well, I do remember her name but I can’t put a face to it right now. What’s with her?“

YG smirked and leaned back into his giant comfy chair.

„You are going to pretend to be her boyfriend.“

 

For the second time this day Jiyong was shocked and this time he wished he actually misheard, so he asked while blinking „What?“ and unconsciously leaned forward.

„You heard right, her family asked for someone to protect her. Some to us unknown criminals are after her, we don’t know why but they don’t seem to know that we are aware of their intentions yet. We decided to use that to our advantage and I thought of you right away. We have an extra team to investigate but to have you as a guard and undercover detective is ideal. It’s settled then, I will inform Jihye’s family about your role as her boyfriend slash guard.“

 

Jiyong couldn’t believe his ears. So many thoughts rushed through his mind but he forced them away.

„Wait, for how long? Do the other members have to know about her being my ’girlfriend’? “ He opted on asking while doing quotation marks on ’girlfriend’ with his hands. 

„The time span is not appointed, we don’t know how long we need you. It could be two weeks, it could be a few months, who knows, it will be as long as the case needs it. We won’t tell the members immediately, but after some time we will have to so we can investigate more openly. Important for you right now though is: Nobody, really nobody is allowed to know about the truth behind your act. Not even you team members, understood? Also, a real relationship or anything in that direction is forbidden during the time of your mission because if someone get’s suspicious about you being her boyfriend things can get complicated. That’s why I hope you told me the truth earlier. If you didn’t it’s too late now anyway, you know about the mission, there is no way you can get out of this.“

 

If Jiyong could he would probably burn from anger right now. Yang Hyun-suk liked using the I-told-you-and-now-you-know-so-you-can’t-get-out-of-this-anymore-tactic way to much and it made the younger furious right now. Also didn’t he want to protect Seungri and their pure connection? If the younger finds out about him and Jihye being allegedly a couple, what will happen to their undefined relationship? Jiyong also couldn’t just continue like before, he would be leading the maknae on. Well not really, because he indeed had feelings for the other but Seungri didn’t know that.

Maybe he should keep his distance for the time being. But if he overdid that it would be too obvious, he was way too affectionate the last days.

Damn you YG!

 

Before the leader could drown in his own thoughts his boss interrupted them by clearing his throat.

„I’m going to dismiss you in a second but first I will give you something.“

The middle aged man opened a drawer and took out a small safe. When he entered a number it beeped once and a small lid opened. Hyun-suk pulled out another little box. He then gave it to Jiyong who flicked his gaze between the object and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter