Chapter 2: The Stars Are Warning You

The Spring Between Us

Weeks has passed since the first day of school and Nara had fit in quickly into her class even though there are still some girls who’d glare at her because of her sudden closeness with BTS. Meanwhile Aran—not so much. She still the same as she first entered, all cold and brushing people off, keeping herself out from the social circle. Hoseok has tried his hard to get his now younger sister friends with the boys, but it was just futile.

As the bell rag, Aran quickly stood up and tidied up her things, flopping them down in her bag. She stepped out of the class as she finished, but a shout made her turn back.

“Aran-ah!”

She turned as her eyes met with a pair of brown orbs. The owner of the pair walked close to her, followed by Yoongi who’s currently staring at her too.

“Are you going to Nara-ah’s class?”

“Yes.”

“We’ll come with you then,” he says as he beamed a smile, almost blinding her because man this guy just had a bright smile, “How’s school so far for you,”

“Good. No problem,” Aran replied as she can feel the girls around her started to whisper and throw her looks. She sighed deeply as she tried to ignore the stares. She was definetly not going to let middle school happen again, “I’m good at coping up with things,”

“That’s great. Well, the school’s curriculum isn’t that hard anyway,” Seokjin chuckled, “Oh, Hoseok! Namjoon!”

“Hey guys,” Hoseok greeted, Namjoon on his back waving to them, “Hi, Aran-ah,”

The greeted girl just hummed in reply and threw her glance away from the boy. Hoseok sighs. Even if it has been quite long that they had known and lived together, Aran didn’t change.

“Where are you guys going?” Namjoon asks as he popped a lollipop in his mouth.

“We’re going to the maknae’s class, care to join?”

“Of course,” Hoseok replied, much to Aran’s dislike that Nara had warmed up to the boy, “Gotta pick up my sister too,”

My sister,”

“Yes, your sister too,” the boy groaned, “Let’s just get going,”

When they arrived at the destinied class, the quatro was still writing up notes with Nara finishing up first. She noticed the crowd on the front of her class, waving to them as she smiled while she pick up her book and shoved them in her bag. Jimin was visibly frowning because he was falling behind, Jungkook and Taehyung already closed their books and began to tidy up their desks too.

“Hurry up, Jimin or we’ll left you!” Jungkook said as he threw an arm over Nara’s shoulder and copied right away by the girl. A squeak was heard from the said boy as he quicken up his pace of writing, “No, no, no, don’t leave me alone!”

Nara giggled at the sight, “We’ll wait outside!”

Taehyung was already outside first, joining the rest of the crowd when Jungkook and Nara came out of the class, “Hey guys!”

“Kookie!” Hoseok beamed, “And Nara-ah, Hi!”

“Hi, oppa,” she smiled back then she turned to Aran, who was currently leaning on the wall behind her beside Yoongi, “Unnie~,”

“Hi to you, too, Nara,” she says as she straighten up, “What do you want now,”

“Well I was thinking because it’s just so chilly and windy how about we get some dessert in the way home?” the younger girl went to her as she hugged her arm, “Like crepes?”

“It’s chilly and windy and you wanted to eat crepes. Right. I’m cutting it from your allowance,”

Nara jawed, earning a laughter from the boys, “Why do you that?!”

“I’m kidding,” Aran says stoicly as she flicked Nara’s forehead, earning a whimper from her, “Let’s go,”

The boys stare as they walked away from them. Nara was currently speaking and telling how did her day go while Aran was just nodding at the girl’s chatter. They almost could see a small smile from the older girl.

“She’s actually secretly nice, aren’t she,” Seokjin smirked, but only replied with a shrug from Hoseok, “Only for Nara, I guess,”

“Well should we go for crepes too?” Namjoon threw the lollipop stick to the trash and was given a nod from the boys.

“Let’s go!” Jungkook beamed as they walked away from the class, apparently forgetting someone.

The door from the class they were standing before opened harshly and a boy jumped out from it, making a pose as he landed, “I’m done! Wait, guys?”


The school has just ended and students has been pouring out of the building. Though mostly had gone straight to home, some of the students are still lounging in the gardens, simply playing around in leisure.

As Aran walked out with her sister (and actually BTS but Aran doesn’t really acknowlegde it), she knows she has been getting stares since the day has started and she wouldn’t really question it now to this point. Because one, Nara is strikingly beautiful (even though she was too but she would just deny it), and two, BTS has been tailing them since the first day they came. The girls must have felt like both of them had taken away their oppas, being all friendly and close with them.

Suddenly Nara stopped in her tracks and gripped he sister’s arm, making her stop too. Turning her head at her sister, Aran squinted her eyes, “What’s wrong?”

“C-chaerin...,”

The moment she heard the name, Aran’s eyes widen and she turned her head franctically but carefully, as if she doesn’t wanted to get caught by something. She then followed Nara’s gaze and finally caught the owner of the name, making her almost shivering in a thin line of anger and fear.

There was standing Yoo Chaerin and Byun Baekhyun, currently hovering over someone with a bunch of other guys that their action could be mistaken as bullying—even though they’re currently are.

Gritting her teeth in flusterment, Aran grabbed and squeezed Nara’s hand tightly, turning her gaze away and almost lowering her head, “Let’s just go, don’t let her see us,”

Unnie, I’m scared,” Nara whispered as the sisters walked quickly, earning a confusement stare from the boys behind them, “Why is she here? Why is Baekhyun here?”

“I don’t know,” the older girl shook her head, “I don’t know. Let’s just get going,”

As the sisters walked quickly outside of the school, they didn’t know someone had them caught in their eyes.


It was evening and Aran has just finished showering when she walked down the stairs to find the trio maknae in the living room with her sister.

“Oh, Unnie!” Nara says as she sees here. She was strangely dressing too nice for a home loungewear, earning a perked up eyebrow from Aran, “We’re going out get some fried chicken, do you want to come?”

“No, I’m good,” the older girl says as she opened the fridge, trying to find her favorite milktea, “It’s just four of you?”

“Hoseok-oppa and Namjoon-oppa and Seokjin-oppa and Yoongi-oppa is coming too,” the younger replied as she waited for the older boy to come down, “Aww unnie it’s gonna be fun come on!”

“Just bring me some,”

“You sure you don’t want to come, noona?” Jungkook asked as he copied Nara’s current position, propping his chin on the couch’s headrest staring at the girl who’s currently downing her milktea, “Nara said you liked  tteokbokki, and we know a really good tteok stand!”

“I’m okay with being at home,”

“I’m here!” Hoseok hollered as he stepped down the stairs, already dressed in comfortable hoodie and jeans, “Oh, Aran-ah, you aren’t coming?”

“We’re trying to convince her, hyung!” Jimin said as he followed what Jungkook and Nara was doing, also copied by Taehyung, “Help us! The rest of the hyungs are gonna be here soon!”

The older boy gulped. He’s still wasn’t in good terms with the girl but man, Jungkook and Jimin and Taehyung was currently giving him a puppy pleading look and it doesn’t help that Nara is currently pouting too because her sister is unconvincable. He then took a deep sigh and turned to her.

“Aran-ah, come with us!” he said as he tried to give him his signature smile, which didn’t work on Aran of course, “If you don’t come I’ll use my aegyo!”

The girl’s face scrunched as she heard the word, “Don’t,”

“Then please come!”

Suddenly she was stared with four—no, five pair of puppy eyes, which she can’t deny that it was cute. As she turned to her sister and her now brother (who she thought was pretty amusing on how a boy could do aegyo that professionally—of course without showing it on her face) she finally sighed in defeat, “I’m not driving,”

“YAY!” A loud cheer was heard from the quatro, and a sigh of relief from Hoseok. He smiled at the girls as she saw her return dressed in a similar fashion to him—skinny jeans and black hoodie. As he opened his mouth going to say something, the rest of the boys has showned up in front of the door.

“Are you guys ready—Oh, Aran-ah, you’re coming too?” Namjoon said as he leaned on the doorframe, earning a hum from the asked girl. They then walked out of the house as Aran asked, “What are we riding?”

“Bikes!” Seokjin exclaimed, showing off his pink bicycle, “We are practically underage, so no cars and no motors,”

“Nara can’t ride bikes,” the older sister earned a nudge on the ribs from the younger, “It was right! Who are you going with?!”

“You can’t too, unnie, both of us can’t,” she replied, “I’m going with Tae because apparantly someone says I’m too heavy to hitch,”

Jungkook blew a raspberry to her, “Go diet,”

“Oh my god! Oppa, unnie, Jungkook is being mean!”

“Haha, don’t take it to heart, Nara-ah,” Hoseok grinned, ruffling the black-haired boy’s hair, “That is this boy’s way of flirting,”

“I do not flirt like that!” Jungkook’s face grew hot, reddening in the process and responded by a laughter from the boy minus Aran. But then the older girl shrugged, “She does need it,”

Unnie!”

“We better get going!” Seokjin says as he glanced at his phone’s clock, “Uncle chin’s stand is going to crowd at eight and it’s seven already!”

“Okay, let’s get going then,” Jimin says as he plopped down on Jungkook’s backseat, “Noona, you should get going too!”

Aran stared at the left seats. Namjoon was with Seokjin (because Seokjin doesn’t trust Namjoon driving) Jimin is with Jungkook, Nara is with Taehyung, the only left seats are either Hoseok’s and Yoongi’s. Right now, she didn’t want to just trust the guy who she hadn’t acknowledge as her brother yet and Yoongi seemed much more toleratable than all of the guys for Aran. So she turned to him and plopped down, earning a surprised look from the blonde-haired boy, “Let’s go,”

And with it, they finally left the place.


“You don’t really talk much, do you?”

They were currently biking through the town passing Han River, earing stares from the people there because what is isn’t amusing and strange from a bunch of teenagers riding their bicycles while throwing strange snarks at the scenery, obviously being noisy. Taehyung was currently singing Trot songs (with backvocal Nara, Jungkook, Jimin and Namjoon) and Seokjin was trying his hard not to lose control while Hoseok was currently laughing his out from the maknae line’s attempt.

“And so are you,”

“Well that’s right,” Yoongi replied as he breathed in the spring air—breezy and windy as how he recalled Nara has described. Suddenly Taehyung had screamed a sound that could be mistaken as a bird’s call, followed by Jungkook and Jimin with the same sound plus Nara trying to copy them, “Look at that, the Adventures of Real Life Talking Alien Kim Taehyung has started,”

The girl on his back chuckled, “What a nickname,”

“It seems your sister has got under his influence too,”

“Nah,” Aran straighten up on her seat, looking up to the current black star-spreaded skies, “She’s extraterrestrial too,”

Yoongi chuckled back and copied her, “What a nickname,”

Aran smiled a little as she stare up the night sky—the current boys she’s hanging out right now was really nice, almost too nice that it made her felt a little guilty about brushing them off too much. But for her, people aren’t the best thing in the world and trust is a diamond they had to earn. She doesn’t know why she had become like this but just the thought of befriending new people irks her a lot. She the sighed at how negative she is (yes she does realize it).

Perhaps, if that incident didn’t happen she might have opened up to the goofy bunch she’s been pulled along with.

“You’re going to fall off if you keep doing that,”

She realize she had bent he back a little too far as she stare the skies, straightening up and looked at the blonde-haired boy’s back head, “How caring,”

“I don’t want to be the one to pick up your corpse—I’d be suspected as a killer when there’s a lot of things that I still need to do,”

The girl hummed in reply, “You’re awfully talkative for someone who didn’t talk much,”

“So are you.”

“I wouldn’t be if you weren’t talking.”

The blonde-haired boy could felt himself smirk, “Oh, I’m the source, huh?”

“Of course, aren’t grandfathers used to be talkative?”

“Snarky,” Yoongi laughed, “Who told you I’m a grandfather?”

“I heard Hoseok-ssi saying it once.”

“Damn J-horse talking strange things behind my back,” the blonde-haired boy, “Why Hoseok-ssi?”

“See, you’re pretty talkative.”

“Seriously though, why ssi?” Yoongi asked again, “He’s you’re brother,”

“I do not acknowledge people that fast.”

“You seem to be acknowledging me by choosing my seat.”

“You wish,” Aran scoffed, “You’re more toleratable than him—he’ll ask things too much,”

“Aren’t I asking things too much?”

“Toleratable questions.”

Yoongi giggled that it’s almost cute to Aran, “You’re strange, Jung Aran.”

“Was that a compliment?”

The blonde-haired boy laughed again, smiling from eye to eye, “Yes.”

Hoseok secretly smiled at the sight—Yoongi doesn’t really just laughed with everyone and he gets to see Aran finally talking to someone not Nara. As they continued to bicker, Hoseok felt reliefed but strangely also a small tingle in his heart when he sees the younger girl smiling.

He found it pretty strange. 


A/N: Alright, so here's the second chapter! Things are gonna be a little messy after this but it's going to be fun too! And so if you're confused, Aran, Yoongi, Seokjin, Namjoon and Hoseok are in the same grade but Aran is much younger then three. Also Nara is the youngest of the maknae line~ basically the sisters are the youngest in their line! Please give me feedback and subscribe if you like this story<3 See you next update!