Chapter 6: Break Your Walls

The Spring Between Us

Aran spits as she feel the blood in . Chaerin was being too physical and she was pretty much out-numbered by her group of girls. Not to mention that Mia and some of the boy’s fanclub members was here too—working together to make and see her suffer. And unfortunately right now, she was being pinned by one of the girls and no matter how much she struggled she can’t free herself.

“Can’t fight back anymore, kitten?” Chaerin giggled as she kicked her groin, “I thought you’ve got something more than this to show me!”

“ you, Yoo Chaerin,” she spat, “You’re a devil!”

“A sweet devil, yes, thank you for the compliment, sweetheart,” she smiles eeriely before shooing the girl who was pinning Aran, ordering some of the other girls to pull the older Jung sister’s hair and forcing her to stand up, “Now, let me ask you again—do you still want to disobey me?”

Aran scoffed even in pain, “Since when I take orders from a pathetic who forced his current boyfriend to be with her like you?”

Chaerin’s hand was in the air now, “You little —!”

“Yoo Chaerin, you better let her go now.”

Suddenly the rooftop’s door was opened, revealing the BTS boys with a frightened Nara behind them, Taehyung and Jungkook standing beside her protectively.

Unnie!” Nara cried, only to earn a glare from the older sister.

“I told you to run, Ki—Jung Nara!”

“O-oh, oppa!” Chaerin stepped back, “This isn’t how it looks like! Aran did it first!”

“Did what first, Chaerin?” Hoseok glared at her, anger in his eyes, “Did you really expect us to believe your nonsense?”

Meanwhile, Jimin and Seokjin hurried to the wounded girl, now currently being left alone as the girls soon dissipates and dropped her when the boys came in. The older boy carefully pulled her into his lap, while Jimin stands in front of them protectively.

“Aran-ah,” the boy whispered, “Are you okay? Where does it hurt?”

“I’m okay—!”

“Listen up, all of you,” suddenly Namjoon roared, “You es better be thankful that we don’t hit girls—because one more time we see you be doing this to either Nara or Aran—,”

 The girls gulped and whimpered in fear the group’s so-called leader glared at them coldly, like if looks could kill they would be in their death beds right now.

“—we won’t be so easy anymore,”

As soon as Namjoon finished his words, the girls started running out of the rooftop, leaving BTS with the Jung sisters and Chaerin who was still stunned in her place.

“You better talk, Yoo Chaerin,” Yoongi sneered at her, “Or feel free to join the rest of your goons now, because we absolutely hate to see you right now,”

The girl was startled with Yoongi’s statement, but soon regain her composure and gritted her teeth at Aran as she stomped outside, “This isn’t over, Kim Aran!”

“It’s ing Jung now—cough!”

“Shh, Aran-ah,” Seokjin says as he tried to sooth her wounds, “Try not to talk first, okay? Let me bring you to the clinic,”

“It’s okay,” she huffed as she pushed out of Seokjin’s grasp, struggling to stand up, “I can do it myself—,”

Her words was suddenly cut as she felt her legs dying, her body swaying down. Fortunately, Hoseok was fast enough to catch her before her fall.

“Aran,” his voice stern, “Just let us help you, okay?”

“But Nara—,”

The older boy quickly took her in his arms bridal style before she could say anything more, “You don’t have to worry, she’s save with Tae and Kookie. Now just get some sleep,”

The girl finally reluctantly nod as she felt her eyes going heavy, obviously tired from fighting back the girls. Hoseok smiled as she finally stopped struggling from his grasp, holding her close to him.

“Hoseok,” Yoongi suddenly approached him, “I can carry her if it’s too hard,”

“No, it’s okay,” the boy shook his head as he sent a sad smile to him, “I should be the one who’s doing it anyway—I’m her brother,”

Reluctantly Yoongi nodded at the statement as the rest of the boys finally walked out of the rooftop area, with Jungkook covering Nara with her blazer while tightly holding her hand. Taehyung kept an eye on her as he struggled to not curse at the moment and Jimin was trying to talk to the girl even though she wasn’t responding.

“You guys better bring Nara home,” the oldest of the crowd says, “She doesn’t look like in the position to continue class—let’s just all skip with all of this mess,”

“Wow, for the first time Kim Seokjin doesn’t scold on skipping class,” Hoseok had his eyes widen, only earning a smack on the shoulder from the older boy.

“And he’s the one suggesting it too!” Jimin grinned.

“Come on, guys, let’s just move on before the teachers sees us—it’s going to be a hell of explanation to do if they caught us,” Namjoon says with a nod from the blonde-haired boy, “Me, Yoongi and Hoseok will bring her to the clinic and the rest of you bring Nara home, okay?”

“Sure,” Jungkook nodded, “But why you?”

“Well someone’s gotta explain why we brought a beaten- girl to the nurse,”

“Yeah, you’re right, you’re the school’s favorite after all,” Namjoon glared at the younger boy as he heard the rest of the boys snicker at him, “See you later at Hoseok-hyung’s house then!”

*******

“And it has just to rain now,” Jungkook sighed as he closed the door, water dripping from his hair, “I hope Hoseok-hyung won’t get mad about the carpet and his clothes getting savored,”

As soon as they stepped out of school, rain started to pour down and resulting in them running as fast as they can to Hoseok’s house, with Taehyung carrying Nara on her back because the girl doesn’t look like she’s going to move even though it rains or anything. Thankfully his house wasn’t that far and their parents was still in work so they didn’t need to explain things of why they’re home too early or why Nara looked like she had just witnessed a murder

“Nah, he’ll be fine,” Jimin replies as he went to the bathroom next to the kitchen in search of towel, “Here, Kookie, catch!”

The younger boy swiftly caught the towel in his hands, “Thanks, Jimin!”

“Hey,” the orange-haired boy kneeled in front of the girl who was currently sitting on the kitchen chair while still being drenched in water, “Go and change your clothes first yeah? You’ll catch a cold,”

The girl didn’t answer and instead she only stared at the boy in front of him. Taehyung sighed, “Nara, please? We’ll still be right here after you change okay? We’re not going anywhere,”

Nara finally nodded to Taehyung’s please and went off the chair, walking upstairs to her room. The orange-haired boy stood up as he was throw a shirt and a pair of soccer shorts. He then turned around to see the person throwing, “Dude I hate this shorts!”

Jimin’s voice was heard from Hoseok’s room, “Yeah, but that’s the only one that fits you!”

“I thought I left my clothes here!”

Suddenly Jungkook came out from the bathroom, wearing a very familiar t-shirt to Taehyung and a pair of black sweatpants. He grinned sheepishly at the older boy who was currently frowning right now, “Sorry..?”

“Ugh, Min Jungkook,” he says as he took the clothes, “Get out of the bathroom, it’s my turn!”

“Is Nara still not talking?” Seokjin asks as he went out from Hoseok’s room wearing a fresh new clothes. Jungkook sadly shook his head, dropping himself on the couch, “Nope. She’s still silent as before,”

“She’s probably still in shock about what happen,” Jimin said while walking to the kitchen, searching for something to eat, “I mean, I would be like that too if I were her,”

Some footsteps was heard from the stairs and the boys immediately know that Nara has finished changing. She showed up with her brown locks still damp from the rain but cleanly dressed with a simple oversized sweater and a pair of shorts. Seokjin quickly threw an assuring smile to her.

“Come sit here, Nara,” he patted the spot next to him in the couch. She softly nodded and complied to the boy’s words, reluctantly dropping herself there and looking down to the floor.

“How are you feeling?” Taehyung sat next to her as soon as he gets out of the bathroom, “Do you want something to drink?”

The girl shook his head and softly speaks that it almost sounds like a whisper, “No, I’m fine,”

Jungkook then comes over to her and kneeled in front of her, taking her hands in to his, “Then can you tell us what happen?”

Nara was silenced, biting her lower lip as Jungkook felt her hands tremble. She began to open but closing it again for a few times until she finally voiced out her reason, even though she was croaking.

“It’s- it’s my fault,” she sobbed, “It’s my fault that unnie got into this mess!”

“What do you mean, Nara-ah?” Seokjin scooted closer as the girl started to cover her face with her hands, tears streaming down on her face.

“It’s be- because of me, Chaerin—I shouldn’t even have talked to Baekhyun-sunbaenim!”

The boys was confused to hear her reason, moreover when they heard their arch-enemy’s name. But no matter how hard they try to pry more from the girl, they just didn’t have the heart to ask more and apparently Nara didn’t show any sign to stop crying. She just keep sobbing and curling until she finally cried herself to sleep, burying her face on Seokjin’s chest.

“We didn’t get anything in the end,” Jimin sighed as he raked the younger girl’s hair who’s currently asleep on the couch with Jungkook covering her with a blanket, “I guess we just can hope that her sister would tell us more,”

“Yeah, we hope so,” Seokjin took a deep breath, “So who’s up for a snack?”

Everyone in the room (minus Nara of course) yelled, “ME!”


Aran can feel her head spinning.

The last thing she remembered was Chaerin suddenly stopped torturing her, and she wondered why. Probably because someone stopped her, but could it be? If the punching she got didn’t messed up her head, she was absolutely sure that the people on the rooftop consisted of only Chaerin, Mia, and some of the BTS’s fangirls. There’s no way someone would just stepped up for her.

“Hey, you’re awake.”

A soft voice made her startle a little as she scanned the room she was in now. Everything was pretty much white with green curtains beside her. The air was moist and smells like medicine, but it was quite familiar for her to guess the place she was currently in—the school’s infirmary.

When Aran didn’t answer the voice due to her head still spinning and her mind still adjusting to the situation, a flock of blonde hair showed up in the field of her sight. His eyes was full of concern as he looked down on him and everything pretty much came back to her when she saw his face.

“Yoongi?”

“Glad to see that you still recognize me,” his mouth turns up a little, “That beating you got was pretty hard,”

“Where’s.. where’s Nara?”

“She’s fine, the rest of the boys took her home immediately and Namjoon has just left to see her,” he says as he took a seat beside her, “Your brother is outside on the phone with your dad,”

“Did... did he tell what happen to us?”

Yoongi shrugged, “I don’t think so, it wasn’t him who called first too,”

The girl then tried to stood up from her bed but a jolt of pain quickly came over her, making her yelled in pain. Yoongi quickly went over to her to sooth her pain and still helping her to straight up, turning up her pillow so she can lean on it.

“Why—why are you here?”

“Well we practically saved you and your sister if you don’t recall,” Yoongi took a cooling pad from the table beside her and pressed it to one of her wounds in her head, “Girls could be really scary,”

“Why did you help us?” Aran closed her eyes as she tried to bear the pain when Yoongi pressed the cooling pad, “I thought I told all of you to stay away,”

“Do you really think we could just stay away like that?” the blonde-haired boy frowned as he hears the girl’s statement.

“I don’t want all of you to get involved!”

“We are all the sole reason on how does this happen and yet you say you don’t want us to get involved?” Yoongi sighed, “I don’t how hard your head could get anymore, Aran,”

Aran looked down as she whispered, “I don’t need more people to hate on us,”

The blonde-haired boy frowned, “Why would we hate on you and Nara?”

The older of the Jung sister stayed silent, making Yoongi sighed more, “Aran, I don’t know what happened back then but you need to believe that we’re not that cruel—people might have said that we’re a bunch of Kingkas but you can see for yourself that we’re not that kind of stuckup bunches right?”

Biting her lower lip, she secretly knows that it was right. The boys weren’t like most of the popular boys that she ever met—they were down to earth, unbelievably a bunch of dorks and there was no hint of them being a bunch of s. She didn’t even know why she kept herself from them.

“I know you don’t usually do this, but please, count on us, Aran. You and your sister are a part of us now even though I know you’re not the type to like being in a certain circle—I have never seen Jungkook so comfortable with a girl before like that and I know Hoseok was proud to have you guys as a part of his family. We assure that we can protect you and her,” Yoongi took her hand in his, he wasn’t a talkative guy usually and he was quite surprised on his own at how much words that he had spoken to her. Aran’s gaze turned to his hands as she felt the surprisingly warmth that he emitted, contemplating on to tell him things or not.

“I don’t think you guys would understand,”

“Then explain,” the blonde-haired boy stared intently into her eyes, “and make us understand,”

She took a deep sigh. She wasn’t sure if she could really tell them about it—the wound of being betrayed was too deep in her heart even though she had just assured her self that BTS wasn’t a bunch of bad boys. She was so read to lie again to him, but Yoongi’s eyes was practically pleading for a clearance to her, pure intentions begging for her to let her walls down. Aran still had the mind of that she might be still be backstabbed by this bunch of boys but finally she choose to break down.

“I don’t know,” she tried her to force back a sob, “I don’t really know. Chaerin—she was supposed to be a good friend of us you know? She was my best friend, and Nara’s best friend too. And Baekhyun—he was supposed to be a really nice boy who’s pretty much close to us too!”

Yoongi softly squeezed her hand and he assured her that he was there, Aran gulping as she tried so much to not let her tears fall.

“But I never know that Chaerin likes Baekhyun a-and Nara was just being nice to him! Nara doesn’t do flirting she doesn’t even understand what liking someone means! She—she likes everyone and I don’t why being nice can make someone fall in love,” Aran starts to stutter as she talks, a single tear streaming down her cheeks, “I don’t know why or when Baekhyun started liking Nara and- and suddenly Chaerin went over to us screaming that we’re a bunch of traitors for stealing Baekhyun from her! I- I just can’t leave my sister alone, right? So I defended her and suddenly the whole school turned their back to us!”

By now, the girl has stopped trying to suppress her tears and Yoongi was already sitting on the edge of her bed right next to her.

“I don’t know why does she do that! The next day we found ourselves being despised by the whole school even rumors of me sleeping around with a lot of guys even though they know neither me or Nara had ever had a boyfriend before! I swear—I really—,”

“Shh,” Aran was startled when Yoongi started to scoot closer to her and his hands started to wrap around her in a hug, his fingers raking her hair, “It’s okay, Aran. Just let it all out,”

“I—,”

“You’re not alone now—You and Nara, both have us,”

The sudden warmth from Yoongi was too overwhelming for Aran that she found herself returning the hug, burying her face on the crook of his shoulder as she cried her heart out. Yoongi just kept raking her hair in a way of trying to sooth her down, letting his uniform soaked in her tears. He didn’t know how long that they stayed like that. He kept letting Aran ramble down her concern until her sobbing was dying down, exchanged with small hiccups and the soft erratic breathing when Yoongi realized she had fallen asleep in his hands.

Aran doesn’t know why, but she felt like she had the most relaxing sleep that she ever had in her life.

*******

“Okay dad,” Hoseok sighed, “See you in a week then,”

He groaned as he hang up the call. Their parents has just decided that they’re going to be away for a week for a so-called work trip, not even bothering to go home first. Hoseok was happy that his dad was finally in joy of having a new wife and a pretty nice work, but he secretly hoped that both of them could be at home more than spending their time almost on the same building every time. When he found out that his new mom was practically the same work-a-holic like how his father is, Hoseok was pretty sad that both of his sister had apparently experienced the same thing as he does.

As he straighten up himself to go back to the clinic, he could hear soft crying from the inside, making him wonder of what’s happening. When he sees the scene of Aran finally awake and crying on Yoongi’s shoulder he can’t help to feel jealous—even though there’s also a feeling of relieve that Aran decided to let down her walls for once. But the feeling of how he wanted to be in Yoongi’s position right now was pretty overwhelming, making him sigh and slump at the walls beside the clinic.

He didn’t understand why he was jealous though.  

Soon as he senses that the crying had died down, he finally steps in the clinic, sending them the best of his smile.

“Ready to go home?”