Chapter 4: Away From You

The Spring Between Us

Jungkook noticed that the girls has been avoiding them.

He strated realizing it when Nara doesn’t really talks to him that much even though she sits right beside him—being all quiet and gloomy. As soon as break time comes, she quickly went out from the class and just disappeared, bringing along her sister with her. At first he thought that the sister probably just had some business that they had to do, but it’s getting too supscious when Nara started changing her seat with another girl with the reason being her can’t see the whiteboard clearly from her seat—without telling him.

Kinda breaks his heart a little, truthly—Jungkook wasn’t that fond of girls but Nara was really easy to talk and he found comfort with her. So it’s really disheartening for him to see his first girl best friend avoiding him—and the boys overall.

When he truly believes Nara and Aran was avoiding them (they showed up in the cafeteria for a while and runs away when Jimin called them) Jungkook demanded a so-called gang-meeting.

“Now everybody listen, you guys must be wondering why I gathered you here,” he says as he gestured them to come close and huddle over while still busy with their lunch, making them look supscious to the students around them and earning whispers of gossiping girls talking about ‘what-our-oppas-are-planning-now’.

“We always gather here, Jungkook, you didn’t gather us—,” Namjoon rolled his eyes and retorted, but only to be hushed by the younger.

“Shh, hyung! I will explain,” he kept with his secretive demeanour, making the older boys groan at him. Yoongi clicked his tounge, “Hurry up, brat, I’m straving here!”

“Okay, okay! I don’t know if you guys realize it or not,” the black-haired maknae lingers his eyes around the crowd, “But I feel Nara and Aran-noona has been avoiding us,”

“Ah, I felt that too!” Jimin clicked his fingers at the younger boy, “Nara is acting reaaaally weird since that day. She’s like—she stopped talking to me, man!”

“Well, Aran has talked less too,” Seokjin says, “But, it’s Aran we’re talking about so that’s not a wonder,”

“But I agree though, Nara has been avoiding me at home,” Hoseok sighed, “It wasn’t helping that Aran has already been so cold to me now I had lost Nara.. I was just feeling the joy of having a younger sister too..,”

“Wow hyung, siscon already?” Jimin cringed, followed by the rolling eyes of the other boys. The said boy just huffed and scoffed, “You guys are just jealous because you’re surrounded with only boys,”

“Excuse me, I have a younger sister,” Taehyung raised his hand in disagreement, which scoffed by Namjoon.

“You’re sister’s in a all-girls boarding school—you don’t practically see her at home!”

“Hey, we always facetime each other!”

“You mean facetiming Daehyun with you butting in,” Jungkook says, and Taehyung had a horrified look at his face, “Well sorry for being Daehyun’s soccer teammate! I gotta admit that poor boy has been complaining too much about you disturbing his time with his twin sister,”

The orange-haired boy’s expression grew dark, making the whole group laugh, “I swear Kim Daehyun, I’ll get that brat!”

“Back to the topic guys, so why do you think they’re avoiding us?”

“Maybe because of Hoseok you know Aran,” Namjoon says as he was back eating again. Hoseok who heard it had his frowning, “But Nara isn’t like that!”

“Maybe something happened?” Seokjin whispered, “Like, when Nara came up to her last time I kinda saw Aran scowl but I’m not really sure about it,”

“Maybe it’s Baekhyun guys,” Jimin added, “You know, that guy kind of hate our guts and I heard his girlfriend Chaerin is in our fanclub,”

“We had a fanclub?” the youngest of the boys strikes a confused face. Seokjin groaned, “Duh, do you ever looked at the mirror? That’s one of the reason why they called us the Kingka’s!”

Hyung please, you know your’s is much better. But that’s not enough! Have you even seen my brother’s face why would they think of us like that?”

“Min Jungkook, I heard that!”

“Sorry for telling the harsh truth, Yoongi­-hyung!” Jungkook blew a raspberry on him, “Well, okay, but why would Baekhyun do anything to them?”

“Because they’re associated with us and Baekhyun wants us down?” the orange-haired boy who had been silent said in a matter of factly. Seeing that the conversation was going nowhere, Hoseok sighed.

“Let’s just eat guys, I’ll ask Nara what’s going on later. Hopefully she’ll answer me instead of pretending that I’m invisible like her sister,”

The boys agreed and they focus back to their lunch.


Aran was frustrated.

Even though they had been avoiding BTS a lot, Nara kept getting threat letters and she herself keeps being pestered by the girls. She even caught someone glaring Nara from the back—which she had shoo off even though it was hard because the girl glared at her too before she goes away. Its been a few days going like this and Aran can assure that she didn’t even like it a bit. It made Nara anxious and afraid of beeing alone—almost like how it used to be before.

And how she suddenly got approached by a bunch of girls in the restroom right now just made it worse.

“Speak up,” that Mia girl was back again, “What’s your business with BTS?”

The stoic-faced girl deadpanned on them, “Why should I tell you?”

“Because,” suddenly Mia got close to her, pointing and shoving her forehead, “You don’t mess with BTS. Those boys are off-limits, and you included!”

“And what makes you have the authority to tell me that?”

“Are you stupid? Girl, BTS is the school’s Kingka and you are just a nobody! They belong to all the girls and you do not flirt on them like that!”

Aran scoffed, “You’ve got to be kidding me. Flirt? I don’t flirt with people, sweetheart,”

“Stop pretending, , I know what you did before you transferred here,” Mia smirked, “You and your sister,”

That hitted the spot. Aran glared at them and growled, “Don’t into people’s business,”

“Ugh, Chaerin was right, you’re such a hard-headed ,” the girl scoffed and flicked Aran’s forehead, “Your sister and you may suceed in flirting Baekhyun—although, that must be all your sister’s doing right? After all she’s the real ,”

The older of the sister was about to slap Mia’s cheek, but her hand was stopped by one of the other girls. Aran gritted her teeth, “Don’t you dare say that!”

“Listen, if you flirted with BTS just like how you guys swooned Baekhyun, I—We, will make your life hell. Now come one girls, let’s stop wasting time on this trash,”

One of the girls who had Aran’s hand shoved her off, making her hit the sink behind her. She shrieked in pain as the girls laughed at her, strutted over her as they walked outside the restroom.

“Tch—I knew Kingka’s were no good,”

*******

“Nara?” Jimin said as he tried to approach her, “What’s wrong?”

He was just passing through the halls as he forgot his bag when going home, but as he took his bag, he saw the familiar girl stood in front of her locker holding a piece of letter with a lot of paper scattered around her. The papers was seemingly flowing out from her opened locker, and he could see her shivering from the corner of his eyes. A little bit worried about her, he decided to approach her.

As she heard a voice behind her, she quickly hid the letter behind her and stepping on the rest of the paper on the floor before turning to him, “J-Jimin?!”

“Nara, is everything okay?”

“U-uh, yeah, everything is okay!” she says quickly while moving her feet to collect the scattered papers secretly. Jimin who sees it crouches down, “Let me help you here,”

“No, no, it’s okay Jimin you don’t need to help me!”

As Jimin was just going to take one of the papers, suddenly Nara slapped his hand, making him shock a little. The red-haired boy was surprised and stared at her questioningly, but the girl just quickly took all the paper in her hand, crumpling it all together in her hand.

“I’m really sorry Jimin, I’m really sorry!”

“Nara wait—,”

Before Jimin can say anything more, Nara had already ran away, leaving Jimin alone.


Yoongi was pissed off.

It wasn’t really rare remembering that the boy was basically a grumpy ball, but this time he was really ticked—with a mixture of confusement and disappointment.

He had just got the news this morning from Hoseok that Aran and Nara had gone home much more lately that the boys, with the younger being all down and eyes puffy from crying. It does actually made him upset that the fact something made the girls that the boys had been fond of sad, but what makes him more raged than that was that this something—or someone—had made Aran had the guts to grit at Hoseok telling him for BTS to off and leave them alone. Seeing the oldest of the Jung had come to school in gloom and unhappy just made it much worse.

He was now currently making his way to search for Aran—he heard the sisters had been spending their lunch at the rooftop. As he walked there, he spotted the familiar girl just walking in the hall obviously going upstairs to their current base.

“Aran!”

The blonde-haired boy tried to call her but she didn’t turn her back or even glance at him. She keep walking as if nothing was shouting at her.

Ya, Jung Aran!”

She still kept her stance and didn’t swayed.

“JUNG ARAN!”

Again, there was no response from the girl. The students around there (thankfully it wasn’t that many) was starting to look at him, catching their attention. Yoongi had always hated being in the limelight but this time he didn’t care.

He suddenly ran up to her, grabbed both of her shoulders and shoved her to the lockers behind, making a loud sound from the impact of Aran’s back and the metal box.

“What is your problem?!”

“I’m the one who should say that to you!” Yoongi shouted back as his hand was still on her shoulder, “Did you not hear me calling you?!”

She deadpanned at him, “No.”

“What the fu—why are you avoiding us, Aran?” The blonde haired boy ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, “What did we do wrong?”

Sh was silented for a while before she looked down, “...It’s none of your business,”

“It’s none of my business?! You just told Hoseok for us to off and you said it’s none of my business?!” he yelled at the girl, “What is wrong with you?!”

“Why are you yelling at me?!” she suddenly retorted back, “What if I said we just don’t like you guys, what are you going to do?!”

“Liar,” Yoongi spat, “Nara wouldn’t hang out at Jin’s house with the maknaes if she didn’t like us and you wouldn’t even sit in my bike’s backseat or even accepted our offer of going out that night if you didn’t like us!”

“Maybe we’re just pretending to like you, maybe we just don’t want to hurt your feelings!”

“Then why are you hurting us now?!”

The students were watching them argue, and it was dead silent when Yoongi said that. Aran bit her lower lip as she was reluctant to give an answer. The blonde-haired boy took a deep sigh as he once again ran his fingers on his hair.

“Why are you doing this, Aran?”

“Because people like you ruin our life,”

Yoongi was startled, “W-what?!”

“You,” she suddenly glared at him, “You wouldn’t understand what we’re feeling right now. You won’t and you’ll never understand. So please. When I say off, please do off.”

As the blonde-haired boy was stunned from her words, Aran slipped through him, running to the rooftop as Nara was waiting for her. When Yoongi realize that he was left alone, he ruffled his hair in frustration.

“That girl—!”


A/N: MY FINALS ARE FINALLY FINISHED YAY!!! here's a quick update, i know it's a little short but im trying to build things up here ^^ I'll try to update daily now since my exams are all finished (but college entrance exams TT TT) so please wait for it ^^ and if you're interested in ot7 bts stories, do check out my other story 'The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life'! It mainly revloves around Jungkook and his friendship. Until the next update!