Chapter 10: Awkward

The Spring Between Us

Hoseok knew he’s in deep trouble now.

He himself knows that it’s just so wrong—to like his own sister. He knows they’re not practically blood related but they’re brother and sisters now, he can’t just suddenly have some feeling for her.

It even gotten worse when the girl finally opened up to the rest of the boys—even though he knows that Aran might have a special soft spot for Yoongi, he does know that she’s slowly getting fond of him too. Compared to the first time she met him, she had gradually grown much better. No more glares and sneers, exchanged by a soft voice calling him (finally) oppa and sincere smiles that she doesn’t show a lot.

He sighs as he lied on the dance studio floor. He had been in the studio since he was in middle school and it keeps going until he was considered one of the best students in the place. Currently he had just finished his evening practice, a preparation for the monthly evaluation.

“Hoseok-hyung,” one of his juniors, Soonyoung, shot up his head from the dance room’s door, “There’s a girl searching for you outside,”

The boy perked up one of his eyebrows, wondering who could it be because the last time he remembered he doesn’t really have a girlfriend. But still he stood up and walked out of the room to see the person.

And there was Aran, standing in front of the studio’s entrance dressed in a simple hoodie and skinny jeans, ear plugged with earphones.

As the girl noticed him she waved he hand softly, gesturing him to come home. He quickly understood her meaning and walked back inside his current room, taking his bag and the rest of his things.

“Hyung,” Soonyoung grinned, “Who’s that? ‘Cause won’t believe if you said girlfriend—she’s way too pretty for you!”

Hoseok smiled bitterly without turning to him, whispering softly, “I’d wish,”

“Huh?”

“She’s my sister,” he said finally, “and I know she’s pretty,”

“Ooh she’s your new mother’s daughter?” the boy gaped, “Then introduce me to her! Maybe I can be her boyfriend,”

The older boy scoffed, “You wish,”

“Aww, hyung, come on!”

The oldest of the Jung kept ignoring him as he walked to the front of the studio, approaching his sister, “Am I too long?”

The girl shook her head, “No, I had just arrived when you saw me too,”

Suddenly a flock of white-green tinted hair appeared from Hoseok’s back, “Hi, I’m Soonyoung! What’s your name?”

“Uhh, hi,” Aran awkwardly waved back, “I’m Aran?”

“Ugh, don’t mind this guy, he’s my junior,” Hoseok rolled his eyes, “Go away, Soonyoung,”

But the younger boy didn’t took account of the other’s words, “How old are you, Aran?”

“Ah, I’m seventeen, I’m in the second grade,”

“Oh, you’re my noona then!” the boy exclaimed happily as he got pushed away by the girl’s brother, “Nice to meet you, Aran-noona! See you next time!”

“There will be no next time, you brat,” Hoseok scrunched his face, earning a chuckle from Aran, “You’re really ugly when you do that, oppa,”

He gulped as he never got used hearing the girl call him that way, “I am ugly,”

“Not really, you’re pretty decent when you’re not moving around,” she shrugged as the two of them walked outside, “Other wise you won’t be in BTS. You guys are the school’s idol,”

“Nah, we’re just a bunch of weirdo’s that coincidentally best friends with Seokjin-hyung and Jungkook,”

Aran laughed, “Can’t argue with that,”

“By the way, why did you come here?” Hoseok asked as he walked to his bike, “I didn’t see your car too,”

“Mom told me to pick you up, without the car,” she pouted, “for family dinner with... dad’s company,”

The older boy grinned as he ruffled the younger girl’s hair, “Aww, my baby’s forced to walk out here huh?”

“Stop it,” she groaned, “I’m not your baby,”

“You’re technically BTS’s baby, Aran,”

“That’s Nara...,”

“Sorry, for our line I mean,” he grinned as he dragged his bike, “You’ve gotta admit that the maknae line does treat you like you’re younger than them too,”

“I know and it irks me a lot,” she grumbled as she walked beside her brother, “I don’t like being babied like that,”

“Don’t be upset, we just think you’re special~,” Hoseok grinned again, poking her cheeks, “We don’t usually have girls in our circle, so bear with us okay?”

Aran rolled her eyes, “Don’t tell me that none of you have dated before,”

“Of course not! I did one before,” the older boy frowned, “but we didn’t really clicked, so..,”

“Well, things doesn’t usually go our way,” Aran smiled a little too bitter for Hoseok to miss, and abruptly she changes the topic, “Does dad’s company do this kind of thing frequently?”

“Pretty much,” Hoseok shrugged as he urges Aran to get on his bike—he was getting tired from walking, “His boss likes to do those kind of gathering things—he says so every employee could now each other,”

“Social much, huh,” the girl says, plopping down on Hoseok’s backseat, “Do you like those kind of things?”

The older Jung shook his head as he started to ride the bike, “Not really—I’m not that fond of standing upright so formally and smiling to everyone,”

“But you do smile at everyone,”

“It’s a personal smile, not business,” Aran rolled her eyes, “a smile is still a smile, oppa,”

“Take it however you like then,” Hoseok grinned, “But I’m with you and Nara today, so I don’t think it will be that hard anymore,”

The younger girl hummed as she leaned a little closer to the boy, “Nara’s a professional on those things like that,”

Hoseok gulped again slightly as he could feel Aran’s warmth on his back, “I could see that coming from her,”

“Yeah, she gives up those kind of vibes, huh?” the girls says again, “Does this mean we need to wear those kind of fancy suit and tie and dresses like that?”

“Apparently,”

“Ugh, I hate those kind of things,” Aran groaned, “I look really ugly in formal dresses,”

What Aran didn’t know is that Hoseok had even bet on himself that she’ll look drop dead gorgeous in his eyes. The image was even unbearable for him to imagine with the girl leaning so tight to him.

“Nah,” he decided to just be truthful, “I bet you’ll look nice,”


“I told you that you didn’t need to do so much for me, dad,”

Namjoon has just gotten home from school and was pretty surprised to see his father home, sitting on the couch while greeting him weakly. He immediately knows that something was up if his father was home early that he didn’t even bother to change his uniform and put his bag in his room, making his way right away to sit in front of him.

“I know,” the man sighed, “I just don’t want you to feel bad, Namjoon-ah,”

“But seeing you overwork doesn’t even make it much better, dad,” the boy waved the hospital envelope that his father has just gotten him, “Your heart condition wasn’t even good from the start and now that you’ve been tiring yourself it’s gotten worse. I really don’t want to see you sick,”

The man looked down, “I’m really sorry. I promise you I won’t be too hard on myself again,”

“I hope you do so,” Namjoon smiled softly at him, “Your health is much more important than those wealth, dad,”

“Thank you for worrying me, Namjoon-ah,” the man suddenly chuckled, surprising the boy, “You looked really like your mother when you’re like this,”

The silver-haired boy just rubbed his nape, “Do I really do remind you of her?”

“Of course,” he smiled, “your personality is pretty similar to her,”

“And it’s a compliment?”

His father laughed, “Why not? She’s a beautiful being who created beautiful beings too,”

Namjoon perked up one of his eyebrows, “Beings?”

“Ah,” the man nodded, “You must forgot some of your siblings. Can’t blame you though, you were so young when we parted,”

The silver-haired boy look surprised, “I have siblings?”

“Yeah, you actually have—two of them,”

Namjoon tried so hard to brush the thought of him having siblings off a lot.


Aran is beyond stressed.

It’s already Friday and the day that she agreed to tutor Yoongi for chemistry. It’s not like she was looking forward for it—Yoongi was just a friend to her. But deep down she knows that she tolerated him just a little much more than most of the boys, and she can’t explain how she has found comfort being around him.  Not to forget that Seokjin had been pestering her about her feelings, just enough to make her feel a little giddy about the event.

“Wow,” Yoongi says as he took a seat on the carpet,  a foldable coffee table in front of him, “Your room is really huge when there’s not much people in here,”

Right now, Aran and Yoongi was already in her room, preparing to study. The rest of the boys and Nara was still at school playing around and probably getting some grub before finally joining them (Aran secretly knows that all of this is Seokjin’s doing to left her alone with the blonde boy).

“Yeah,” she tried so hard to not to show that she’s nervous as she spread out some chemistry books, “Hoseok-oppa’s family was really nice to let me and Nara have this room,”

“Well let’s get to work then,” the blonde-haired boy sighed as he took out his pencil, “I think I have a lot to repeat in this subject,”

Thankfully it goes pretty well without any hitches. Yoongi was naturally easy to understand things that Aran didn’t need to explain too much, leaving him asking minor questions on some equations that the older of the Jung sister acknowledges that it was pretty hard to crack. They quickly went over a little more than two chapters, much better then how Aran predicted  how the tutoring session will be.

“I’m getting the hang of it,” the blonde-haired boy groaned, “but why it’s still so hard?”

“If it isn’t hard it wouldn’t be called chemistry,” she sighed, “We should take a break for a while,”

“Yeah, you’re right,”

Things get pretty awkward from there. With Yoongi stopped talking to her as he was checking his phone, Aran gets confused on what should she do. Should she say something to break the ice?

“Hey, Yoongi—,”

“Aran,”

The girl was surprised as she heard the boy speak, “Huh? Yeah?”

“When will you call me and the rest of our line oppa?” he looked at her as he crossed his arms on the table, head plopping down on it while slightly tilting, “We’re much older than you too, it’s not fair that only Hoseok that got to be called oppa,”

“Well because he is my brother,” she scowled, “What else can I say?”

“But aren’t you close with us?” Yoongi suddenly pouted, “It’s awkward to hear you call Seokjin with his family name,”

“Why are you so interested in me calling the rest of the boys oppa?”

“Because we considered you as a part of us now,” the blonde-haired boy continued to pout, “You feel so distant by not calling us that,”

“I don’t really like to call people that easily,”

“Well, what about me?” he pestered her again, “Aren’t we close enough?”

“For the last time, Yoongi, we’re only eight months apart, there’s no reason for me to call you that!” Aran is getting flustered, not even knowing what she’s saying anymore, “Don’t tell me this is how you flirt, Min Yoongi,”

Suddenly the blonde-haired boy scooted closer to her, “What if I say yes?”

And the older Jung sister didn’t expect him to answer with something like that, “You’re strange,”

“Seriously, Aran,” the boy looked straight to her eyes, “just try once—call me oppa,”

“In your dreams,” the girl scowled again, cheeks already tinted pink now, “I’m going to get some water,”

“Aran, wait—,”

As Aran stood up, Yoongi quickly grabbed her hand, trying to pull her back to her seat. But the girl didn’t expect that the blonde-haired boy was going to pull her so hard that she loose her stand, slipping and falling to the floor. Yoongi on the other hand noticed that the girl was falling and tried to catch her before she falls by grabbing her other side, but he ended up slipping too from the weight. It was fortunate that Aran’s carpet was pretty thick, but they ended up in a very, awkward, position.

“Ouch, my head hurts..,” the girl whimpered as she gets a little dizzy.

“Sorry,” the blonde-haired boy—now currently with both of his hands beside Aran’s head, trapping her under his body—winced as he bear the pain in his knees, “I pulled you too hard,”

“Yeah you do!” the girl below him scowled, “There’s gonna be a bump on my head in the morning!”

“I said sorry already,” Yoongi scowled back, “You don’t have to be so loud,”

“It’s still your fault,” Aran frowned, still not noticing what kind of position that they got into, “What were you going to say anyway?”

Suddenly the blonde-haired boy glanced away from her despite still being so close to her. His hair waved slightly as Aran took account on how soft his flocks were, even though they were dyed blonde. His pale skin gleamed slightly under the room’s light, showing how flawless his face is even though he wasn’t wearing anything on his face. It took some time for the older Jung sister to realize that she had been staring at him.

“Aran,”

The girl was thrown back to reality from her not-so-secret session of staring at the pale boy, “Y-yeah?”

“You with so stubborn on calling me oppa,” he whispered, “Is it because that you have someone in mind that suited the call?”

The girl blinked, “What do you mean?”

Before Yoongi could reply the girl’s question, suddenly the room’s door was opened rather harshly, revealing Nara with a bunch of snacks in her hand with a big smile plastered on her face.

Unnie, I’m home—AAAAAAH!!”

The blonde-haired boy was quickly flustered as the youngest girl of the crowd sees their current scene. With Aran still trapped under Yoongi’s body, hands beside her head and knees trapping her under too, it was a strange-mind leading sight.

“Nara, it’s not like what you think it is—,”

“Nara why are you shouting so much—OH MY GOD HOSEOK-HYUNG COME QUICK!!”

As the rest of the boys was already on their way upstairs, they quicken up their steps as they heard Jungkook’s shout, revealing the current scene to their eyes. They had their jaw opened and Hoseok looked like he’s going to lose his mind.

“MIN YOONGI!!” the boy hollered with horrified face, “I LEAVE YOU TWO ALONE AND YOU WENT TO TAKE AN ADVANTAGE ON HER???”

The blonde-haired boy jolted up as Hoseok’s eyes was practically screaming fire now, with Aran finally realizing what position that they had gotten into, blushing hard, “Jung Hoseok, I swear it’s not how it looks like—,”

“Oh, Aran,” Seokjin quickly went to the stunned girl with cheeks currently no longer pink but red, “I never thought Yoongi would be this aggressive! You’re okay right?”

“Guys, I’m not that kind of guy!”

“Never thought you’d be the type to do those things Yoongi,” Namjoon whistled as he plopped down on Aran’s bed.

“It’s pretty traumatizing to see my own brother doing something like that..,”

Yoongi slapped his forehead, blush not leaving his cheeks, “Not you too, Jungkook,”

Meanwhile Nara was still dazed, feeling like she had saw something that she shouldn’t have seen, only to be returned to the earth by Taehyung who distracted her out of the scene. Jimin, the only sane person remaining sighed as he the room’s television.

“It’s gonna be a hell long day…,”

“MIN YOONGI I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION ON WHAT YOU DID TO MY SISTER NOW!!”


A/N: HI GUYS SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE I left my laptop back at home and I'm currently trapped in my cousin's house TT TT I don't think I can update until I go home because I had written a lot of the plot there and I don't want to ruin the story... I managed to save this one from my online drive TT TT So the double update will be pushed until I go home on the 8th of May, until then see you in the next uopdate!