Chapter 15: The Storm has Come

The Spring Between Us

 “Unnie,”

The cafeteria was in a ruckus. Mid-terms finished last week and everyone finally went back into their spirits, energy revitalized after a long week of hell printed in a form of papers. Since the revelation of the Jung sisters are Hoseok’s sisters, the girls in the school had died down their jealousy towards the girls, although it didn’t disappear completely. Sometimes Nara and Aran would caught someone glaring at them, but they had eventually learned to ignore them.

“Yeah?” Aran was scooping a spoonful of rice to , “What is it?”

“There’s something that I needed to tell you,”

The older girl scanned her surroundings before she scooted closer to her, “I’m all ears,”

“Yesterday,” she gulped slightly, “I accepted a play from the studio. It’s for Swan Lake,”

A loud gasp slipped past Aran’s lips, and unfortunately made the rest of the guys on the table turned to her.

Unnie!” the younger hissed, “Not so loud!”

“But—Nara, oh my god, Jung Nara!” she exclaimed a little too loud, “It’s—it’s ing Swan Lake!”

“What? What?” Hoseok who heard the ruckus whipped his head back and forth between Aran and Nara, “What is it?”

Unnie don’t you dare—,”

“This girl had just won a role for Swan Lake!” the older Jung sister giggled unnaturally, “She’s gonna be in a play!”

“Whoa, really?” Jimin butted in the conversation, “That’s really great, Nara!”

“When will it be?” Seokjin took out his phone, “You know, we gotta book those tickets first!”

“Get the closest seat to the stage hyung!” Jungkook exclaimed, “I gotta prepare my camera!”

Nara frowned at the commotion, “Guys, it’s still in three months—the date hasn’t been fixed yet..,”

A silence went over the table as everyone realized their recklessness.

“But still!” Taehyung went over to her, “It’s going to be so great! I know you’re going to do good!”

Chants of agreement blared through the circle and Nara could only asnwer them with sheepish smile, feeling a little happy and proud on one side but still had a piece of embarrassement and fear inside her. But Aran who was seated beside her had practically rainbows and stars as her background, gleeful of the news.

Unnie,” she whispered to the older, “Is it really okay?”

“Huh?” the older tilted her head, “Of course! Why wouldn’t it be?”

“It’s just,” Nara shrugged, “Weren’t you supposed to play it once with him?”

Aran paused for a while as she stare at the younger, “Yeah, but it doesn’t mean you can’t do it. If anything it’s you who fits the role. You deserve it, Nara. You deserve the spotlight for once,”

Hearing the encourage ment from her sister, a smile crept up the younger girl’s smile who was plastering a worried expression since the older had broke out the news to the rest of the guys. At least, she’s a little more confident now.

“Thank you, unnie,”


Yoongi frowned as Hoseok flailed his arms in front of him.

It was the end of the day and the rest of the boys was gathered in front of his class, waiting for Aran who was currently doing some errands for the teacher. The first-graders were already there too.

“Aren’t you guys excited??” the older Jung exclaimed loudly, “Field trip is a month away!”

“It’s winter next month,” Jungkook frowned, “It’s not gonna be fun to be out cold like that,”

“But still! Campings!”

The blond grumbled under his breath, “What’s fun from sleeping outdoors,”

“I hope we all get the same group!” Seokjin smiled brightly, “And now we have girls on ourside! The teachers can’t argue about us being all boys again!”

A soft sound of footsteps was heard from the opposite side of them, making the boys (plus Nara) turned their heads. The girl that they have been waiting for so long has appeared in front of their eyes, but there was another person beside her that made the rest of them surprised.

“I’ll see you later, Yerin,” she waved her hand to girl beside her as the other stepped inside the class. The girl she talked threw her a smile and a wave back.  Aran noticed that her friends had been staring at her, “What?”

“You—noona,” Jimin squinted his eyes on her, “You have other friends besides us,”

She frowned as she approached them, punching the younger lightly, “Of course, what make you think I don’t?”

“Well,” Hoseok gulped, “It’s just—you know...,”

Aran sighed loudly at the concern her friends were giving her, “Hey, I got pass the whole thing. It’s alright, besides, Yerin is really nice,”

The boys was contemplating to say something but instead Namjoon just smiled at her, “Just tell us if something’s wrong alright?”

“Of course,” she smiled back, “Now let me take my bag and we’ll be getting out of this building soon,”

*******

Two weeks passed for them and soon it was the first day of winter.

Nara has been restless—she was busy with her ballet lessons due to the upcoming play, tutoring Tae was still something the girl needs to do and in the same time she was very giddy about the whole field trip.

Her first field trip with real, caring friends.

It’s not like she didn’t like it, but it made her blank a lot. And with a certain boy keep appearing in her mind, it made her defense easily down.

Byun Baekhyun takes his move.

“Nara-ah,” a voice startled her, making Nara turned harshly with her back leaned close on the locker, “Hi,”

“B-Baekhyun-sunbaenim,” she whispered fearfully, “What do you want?”

“Nothing! I just wanted to talk,” the older frowned at her reluctance, “We used to be friends and we drifted apart—isn’t it normal if I wanted to catch up things with you?”

Nara gulped loudly, eyes wavering, “B-but—,”

“No it isn’t when it’s you who’s catching up,”

Clicking his tounge, Baekhyun turned to see a black-haired boy glaring at him in the same eye level. He definetly seemd that he’s not happy with his presence.

“Gosh,” the older boy groaned, “You boys really like to into people’s business, huh?”

“Don’t act so innocent, Baekhyun-sunbaenim,” Jungkook sneered at the honorifics, quickly made his way beside Nara, “I’ve seen what you had done to Aran-noona and you’re definetely not just up for some catch up,”

“What do you really know, actually?” Baekhyun scoffed loudly, “Do you really think I’m the villain here?”

“Obviously.”

The older boy grunted, “Fine, I won’t fight, but just because we’re in front Nara,”

Jungkook perked up one of his eyebrows to him, “What?”

But of course, Baekhyun doesn’t pay any attention to him, “See you later, Nara-ah,”

Soon the older boy stepped out from the halls, leaving Jungkook and Nara alone. He immidiately turned to the girl who was still had a frown in her face, “Are you alright?”

“Yeah,” she rubbed her neck as she bit her lower lip, obviously upset, “It just shook me a little,”

Seeing the dazed gaze Nara was emmitting from her eyes, Jungkook slowly grabbed her hand and squeezed it lightly, trying to give her some assurance. The girl was a little startled with his action, but eventually she gave in to the hold. It was thankful that everyone was still in the cafeteria for lunch, because they could be mistaken as dating if anyone sees them in the position, and would probably anger the girls again.

After a while of holding hands and leaning to the locker, he turned to Nara, “Better?”

“Yeah,” she smiled at him (which melted Jungkook’s heart a little), “Thank you, Jungkook,”

“No problem,” he returned the curve, “You know I’ll always be here for you,”

She nodded, unconciously released her hand and made Jungkook a little disappointed because obviously he wanted to hold it longer, but he doesn’t want to be too obvious about his feelings. But even though Nara had said that she felt better, there’s an expression that the other knows too well to just let it go.

“Nara,” he spoke softly, “Are you sure you’re alright already?”

Biting her lower lip, she only leaned more to the lockers, “There’s just a lot of things inside my head right now,”

Jungkook hummed, “Is it about the play?”

“Partially,” Nara shrugged, “But there’s something else too,”

The other boy only tilted his head, moving it slightly in front of her and urging the girl to continue. There’s a stare contest going on for a while between them before Nara finally sighed.

“Jungkook, you’re my friend right?”

“Of course,” he looked surprised at the question, “Why did you ask that?”

She gulped a little, “I’m going to ask you something,”

Jungkook swore his heart skipped a beat because the way Nara was talking seems so serious that he was afraid the girl was going to ask something important. Like, what if she noticed all the stares he gave her and she’s creeped out by that? What is she actually knows that he likes her?

But Jungkook surpressed a sigh of relieve when Nara finally spilled out her question.

“How do you know when you like someone?”

“Hmm,” he hummed, “It’s not that different with liking someone. You just feel butterflies inside of you and you began to be very giddy when you’re close to them. Oh, and everytime you see them, they’re like, probably the most perfect being in your eyes,”

He closed his eyes briefly as he paused a little, turning to the girl, “Basically, it’s all rainbows and flowers when your eyes caught them in your sight,”

Nara seemed a little too gloomy at the answer, that Jungkook was distracted when a whisper slipped out her lips.

“Does it include heartaches?”

Jungkook blinked his eyes, “What?”

But the younger quickly shook her head, “No, it’s nothing. Thank you, Jungkook,”

“Hey, I told you I’ll always be here for you,” Jungkook gave her a small gri, even though the fact that he missed her whisper bugs him a lot, “Are you feeling much better now?”

“Yeah,” Nara nodded, “Let’s go to the cafeteria. I think the others are waiting,”

Jungkook had the biggest urge to hug the younger girl that time, because Nara’s eyes was still contradicting to what she said and with all the love talk he had with her, there’s an annoying thought of her maybe—maybe, having someone that she finally liked. It wasn’t relieving to him—because it could be someone who’s not him, and he didn’t like the idea even a little.

“Okay,” but instead, he shrugged it off, “Let’s go then,”


“Is Kim Namjoon here?”

It was English class, just fifteen minutes sharp before the bell rings. He was busy helping Hoseok doing the given assignment with the other boy frowning and scowling back and forth, but it was thankful he was gifted with a big patience. The whole class turned when there’s a school council member opening the door, peeking his head inside the class.

“Yes,” Namjoon raised his hand, “I’m Kim Namjoon. Is there anything wrong?”

“Uhh,” the council member scratched his nape, “I think you have to tidy up your things and come with me,”

He tilted his head, “Why?”

“We got a call from Busan National Hospital,” Namjoon could hear the sound of his heart shattering—he should have seen this coming, “Your dad had just admitted to the emergency just a few minutes ago—and the doctor demands you to be there now,”


A/N: Hi guys sorry for taking my time so much >< I think when I write author notes it always started with me apologizing for the late update... haha

I've been having problem with developing the storyline and my writing... I stumbled upon a thread that saying that if I write pronouns substitutes spesifically too much it will ruin the writing... and I realize I did a lot of it! TT TT English is not my first language although I did learn it for almost my life, but I'm still not perfect at it. It's hard for me to brainstorm more about turning the paragraphs inside out so I wouldn't use pronouns too much... And I really really don't like word repetition--thus why I avoid writing names too much because it's just puts me off when things like that happens. I'm obviously still had faults in my grammars, and not to mention my preposition is really bad. I still have so much to learn

so it comes to a question for all of you who's reading this: Is my writing confusing for you? Because there's no guarantee that I can improve my faults that fast and I'm very much comfortable with the way I write right now, it will take a while for me to slowly progress my writings.

I realized the most important is what you guys think as my readers. I will feel very guilty if you found my stories interesting but you're not comfortable with reading it... So I made a poll about this. If you clicked yes, can you write also why is it uncomfortable? I really wish to give all of you the best of me.