Chapter 14: Reconcile

The Spring Between Us

“Stop it, Byun Baekhyun, when will you leave me?!”

Namjoon’s ears perked up when Aran’s voice blared through the halls. It was the end of the day, and he was just finished tutoring Jimin, going to walk back home with the boy. His eyes quickly found the source of the voice, currently glaring at the black-haired boy before her furiously. Jimin who was currently beside him growled under his breath.

“I swear that guy’s guts gets on my nerves so much,” he spat, “Come on, Namjoon-hyung, we have to help her!”

He almost wanted to smirk when he saw the scowl on Baekhyun’s face when the two approached Aran, Jimin quickly latching on her arm and glaring at the boy, “Scoot, Baekhyun. You aren’t wanted here,”

“Ugh, now the leader’s here,” the boy scoffed at him, which of course doesn’t cause a much effect on Namjoon, “When will your guard dogs stop, Aran?”

The girl sneered at him, “One more time you call them guard dogs I’ll slap that mouth of yours out of the face,”

“Scary,” Baekhyun retorted mockingly, “Fine. But I won’t stop trying. See you tomorrow, Aran~,”

Aran pinched the bridge of her nose as the boy finally stepped out of her sight, Jimin staring at her worriedly, “Are you okay, noona?”

“Yes, Jimin, I’m fine, thank you for worrying me,” she sent him a soft smile, “Let’s get out of here, Nara’s waiting outside,”

The two boys walked beside her, one on each side, “What are you doing after this, noona?”

“Hmm, not much,” she shrugged, the autumn breeze passed by her as soon they stepped out of the building, “I’m probably going to sleep,”

“Can I go to your house to study then? My brother’s bringing his friends home for some kind of party night,” Jimin scowled at the thought, “I have an upcoming history test and I can’t concentrate if there’s too much noises!”

“Why do you have to ask? My house is literally all of you guys’s house too,” she chuckled, “Although I’ll doubt you’ll be studying when there’s Hoseok-oppa around,”

“At least I’m still trying,” he sent her a grin, “Oh, look, there’s Nara and the others! Hey guys!”

The older girl giggled as Jimin ran to Jungkook who was currently talking to Nara about a game, Taehyung beside her scowling as he reads his history textbook (he knows he wont be studying right when he arrived home). She could see Yoongi almost dozing off from waiting them while leaning on a tree, Seokjin and Hoseok beside him playing some game on his phone.

“So much energy,” she grimaced as she walked side by side with Namjoon, “I wonder how could you put up with them for years?”

“I wonder a lot about it too,” Namjoon chuckled, “I guess I’m just used to it,”

“Well, it’s not like it’s annoying. It’s pretty great actually,” the shorter girl smiled as she saw Nara laughed loudly, “It’s been sometime since we could really laugh out loud with friends,”

“Yeah, you don’t have to worry about anything anymore,” a pat on the head was recieved from the taller boy, “We’re all here for you two,”

“Thank you,” Aran beamed at him, “I really appreciate it. Sorry the two of us are a little handful,”

“Hey, we’d do anything for you two,” he ruffled her hair, “Besides, we get to see that smile of yours if we do it,”

The girl frowned playfully, “Are you trying to flirt with me?”

“If you didn’t know, you’re really pretty, Aran,” he was earned a scowl from her, “I don’t think there’s a day without the boys in my class talking about you or Nara,”

“Nara’s good, but I’m not,”

“Whatever goes your way then,” Namjoon grinned at her, seeing no chance of winning in the argument. Suddenly he was remembered with the recent photo that he had found, and stared at the girl. Should he ask her about it?

“Namjoon?” she tilted her head, “You okay?”

“Hmm,” he hummed, “I’ve been wondering Aran. Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, I guess?” she kicked a pebble softly, “Go ahead,”

“How is your life before your mother divorced?”

She scrunched her face, unconciously pouting, “I can’t say I remember well about it—I don’t really remember my father’s face that well and the only thing I know that I’m supposed to have another sibling or two. Oh! And the fact we lived in Ilsan when mom’s still with him. That’s all I guess. Why are you asking?”

“Just wondering,” he tried to surpress himself into asking the said sibling to her, “I have a single parent, so I just kind of wanted to know how was it for you guys before,”

“Ah I understand,” she nodded, making an ‘o’ shape with , “Well, yeah, I don’t think Nara remembers it as well. We were really young when... dad left us,”

“That’s alright, it’s just simple curiosity after all,” Namjoon smiled softly at her, “Come on, I can already see everyone planning a gaming night in your house,”

The older of the Jung sisters grinned, “So much for studying history,”

“Aran-noona, Nara said you have ‘The Evil Within’ at home, is that true?!"


“Calm down, Joohyun,” Nara sighed, “It’s just a play,”

“It’s Swan Lake, Nara!” she exclaimed loudly, “Oh, I always wanted to play Swan Lake! It’s like, every girl’s dream okay?”

The younger of the Jung sister shrugged, “Not mine,”

“Ugh, you’re really not fun,” she scoffed, the grabbing Nara’s arm in excitement again, “Oh my god, Jieun-ssaem is coming!”

“Hello, girls,” the woman that came into the room smiled at the students, her soft black locks flowing softly on her shoulder, “How are you this afternoon?”

A loud answer was blaring through the ballet studio, making the woman smiled brighter, “All of you must be excited for today!”

“Oh my god, Nara, you know what,” Joohyun whispered beside her, “I bet you’ll be chosen as Odette!”

“Ugh, no, Joohyun,” she groaned, “Just no,”

“Yes, I will be announcing the chosen person for the upcoming Snow Lake play for our annual dance joint,” she clapped her hand once, “As you all know, Prince Siegfried will be played by Jeon Wonwoo from the contemporary class, right?”

The girls harmoniously answered her. Joohyun was even too giddy to stay in her seat and Nara only kept scowling.

“And our girl for Odette is...,”

Nara wanted to jump over a cliff so much.

“Jung Nara!”

The rest of the girls in the class squealed loudly—they are pretty disappointed with them not getting the role, but the younger Jung sister was the perfect person for the princess character that instead of hating the girl, they fawned over her.

“See, I told you, Nara!” Joohyun was the most excited, “I can’t wait to see you on stage!”

“And Odile will be performed by Son Seungwan from the junior class,” she could feel Jieun-ssaem eyes on her, “How about it Nara? Will you do it?”

She almost wanted to grimace when she felt all the eyes in the room staring at her. She doesn’t really like plays and she never had thought to do one, but now she’s suddenly a candidate for the role that every girl who does ballet has dreamed of, she was beyond confused.

Her sister’s face came into her mind—she had seen the girl on her performance numerous times and she wondered if she could be something as stunning as her. If she did invite her to her play, would she be reminded about the past?

Then suddenly the boys appeared, their smiling faces was like still images. Deep inside, she knows whe wanted to show off a little of her ability too, but there’s always an uneasy feeling that made her hold back.

And Taehyung—something inside her made her wanted to do it because of the boy. She wanted to impress him, she wanted to make him feel proud of her even though she doesn’t know why she was feeling those kind of things.

So she made her decision.

“Okay,” Nara breathed, “I’ll do it,”


“And you know like, I don’t do those kind of stuff—oh, there’s Yoongi!”

Aran secretly groaned. She and Namjoon was just walking to the first-grader’s class, picking the rest of the guys to lunch. Seokjin wasn’t with them due to some problems in his club and Hoseok has to left behind to study for an upcoming math test (which Namjoon doesn’t really care about), so it left her and the taller boy to approach the maknae line. She was grateful that she heard Yoongi had things to do and can’t join lunch, but it seems his business was done.

“Oh, Namjoon,” the blond closed his locker, a black notebook in his hand, “and Aran,”

“I thought you were busy?”

“Yeah,” he shrugged, “But I got it covered pretty quickly, so I’m free for lunch now. Are you guys heading downstairs?”

Namjoon nodded, “We’re going to pick up the rest of the guys,”

“Cool, let’s go,”

It was so noticeable that the two hadn’t talked to each other yet and Namjoon could just feel the awkwardness ooze from the two highschooler beside him, tensing up the atmosphere. Suddenly an idea popped in his mind and he tried to surpress a grin.

“Hey, Yoongi, Aran, you know what,” he turned to them, “I think I reall need to study math too with Hoseok. I forgot I failed math last test,”

“Huh?!” Aran almost flipped, “But you said you aced your last—,”

“You guys go first, okay?” he hurriedly cutted through the younger girl’s words, “See you later after school!”

The older Jung sister gaped at the sight of Namjoon zooming past her, returning back to class and leaving her with Yoongi, just the two of them. The awkwardness between them got leveled up and it took probably a minute for the blond haired boy to finally crack the ice.

“So,” he started, “It’s just the two of us then,”

“Yeah,” she let out an awkward laugh, “Strange, Namjoon was just telling me that he aced his last test that he didn’t need to study...,”

“Well, he’s always been weird,” Yoongi shrugged, “Come on, the others must be waiting for us,”

Aran felt like she went through hell. There was a precise distance between them and she can’t bring herself to move closer, nor strike up a conversation. Yoongi doesn’t seem like he was having problems and that made the girl only felt more uneasy.

Due to her clouded mind, she didn’t notice she was running into someone. As soon she noticed there was another pair of feet walking towards her, it was too late and she was bracing herself for the impact—

“You’re pretty clumsy today,”

—which never comes.

“Huh?” she blinked her eyes, only to find the blond boy holding her close and the person who was going to crash with her disapppeared, “What?”

Yoongi only chuckled, “There’s definetly something wrong with you today,”

“N-no!” Aran squeaked, “I’m perfectly fine!”

“As you say so,” he then released his grip on her, walking beside her nonchalantly, “But you do look pretty off these days. Is it because of Baekhyun?”

The girl immediately sighed loudly when hearing the name, forgetting her awkwardness temporarily, “You could say that—he doesn’t seem he’s going to let me breath even a little,”

“You should call us when he’s in sight,” he waited for her to catch up, “We’ll get rid of him for you,”

“That’s alright, you don’t need to do so much for me,” Aran sent him a small smile, “It’s something that I should deal with alone too,”

“Remember that we’re all here for you, okay, Aran?” the boy looked at her with concern, “Just say the word and we’ll immediately kick his out from here,”

For finally the first time since they got awkward, Yoongi heard her laugh—well, chuckle, “You can’t just kick someone out from school like that!”

“We’re BTS, there’s nothing we can’t do,” the older shrugged, making her giggle a little more. He slipped off a small smile to her, “It’s nice to finally hear you laugh again,”

She tilted her head, “You make it sound like I don’t really laugh that often,”

“Well, we did got some distance since then,” Yoongi pouted a little at her, “I’m saying you didn’t laugh with me anymore,”

“Sorry,” Aran squeaked for the umpteenth time, the whole avoiding-each-other thing came back to her, “I just.. felt.. a little off since then...,”

“Nah, I’m sorry too,” he patted her head, “It’s kind of my fault anyway. Must be weird to be suddenly in a situation like that, right?”

“I-it’s okay,” her cheeks began to grew warmer as images of the recent scene played in her head, “It has happened anyway. Nothing much than just a silly memory,”

Yoongi grinned at her, “So we’re friends again right?”

A light punch was received from her, “Since when we’re not?”

The two of them didn’t realize that they have been talking for some time and was finally arrived in front of the first-grader’s class, making the boy’s eyes wonder to them. Aran swore she could already feel the nudges and the jokes Nara is going to throw at her when they got home.  

“Ooh,” Jimin cooed, “I see someone’s finally in good terms again,”

“What are you saying,” Aran pinched his cheeks as she moved closer to the boy, making him whimper, “We’re always in good terms,”

“Riiiiight,” Jungkook rolled his eyes, a snicker came from Nara and Taehyung who was beside him, “Can we go and get lunch now?”


A/N: HI EVERYONE I FINALLY UPDATED AFTER BEING FREED FROM MY EXAMS!! I can finally update a little regularly now because I don't have anything more to do and I can focus on my writings~ Yoongi and Aran finally made up XD Honestly I'm not really satisfied with this chapter and there's a possibility in the future that I will edit it, but for the mean time enjoy! And thank you for 40 subscribers!! I never thought anyone would actually really read this xD so, thank you for sparing your time to read this, new subscribers and old alike! Feel free to write a feedback as always~ See you in the next update~