Chapter 12: Chance

The Spring Between Us

“What’s actually up with you and Yoongi?”

The rest of the Jung siblings are currently lounging at home, with Nara in ballet class and Aran still had a lot of time before picking her up. The rest of the BTS boys had their own schedules that Hoseok was left alone, scrolling through the channels in their television. It was thankful that the two siblings has finally grow out of their awkwardness, with Aran keep opening up to the older and Hoseok was more than grateful to know the girl more.

“H-huh?” the girl almost dropped her bowl of ice cream as she made her way to the older boy, “T-there’s nothing going on between me and him!”

“Yeah, right, and Yoongi’s doesn’t like to sleep,” the older Jung rolled his eyes, taking a spoon of Aran’s ice cream, “Is it because of that day?”

With a loud sigh, she bites her spoon, “I just feel like it was so embarrassing to see Yoongi now,”

“Why? It’s an accident like you say it right? It’s not like I’m over it but well, an accident is an accident,” he settled on watching an action movie, “You both are friends and it’s not like you like him—wait a second...,”

Aran jolted up a little, Hoseok who was beside her scooted closer and squinted his eyes on her, “H-huh?”

“You,” he pointed his index finger in front of her face, “You like him don’t you?”

“No!” Aran squeaked loudly, “Why does everyone thinks that I like him?!”

“That’s the only explanation of why are you so awkward with him after that!” he exclaimed, not saying anything about Yoongi because he absolutely knows that the blond boy was head over heels for her, “I know you’re not the type to get embarrassed easily, Aran-ah!”

“Really, oppa, Yoongi is no more than just a friend!”

“Yeah, and you chose him over me the first time we all went out, he’s the first one you told your story and he’s the most guy that you’re fond of!” Hoseok bit his lower lip, a little jealous that the fact Yoongi was indeed more preferred by his sister, “Are you sure you only think of him as a friend?”

The girl got silent as she realized she does treated the blond boy a little too differently than the others. She slumped back down in the couch, still the ice cream bowl in her lap, “Honestly, I don’t know, oppa. I don’t know what I feel towards him. I really don’t know,”

It’s such a sad fact that Hoseok was feeling relieved, even though he knows there was a big chance that the oldest Jung sister will probably eventually like Yoongi. His feelings was much dominating than his mind right now that he was almost determined to block the two to get into each other deeper.

It’s so wrong but he can’t help to not to stop it—he really liked Aran a lot.

And it’s dangerously growing.

“Alright then,” he slung his arm around her shoulder, softly pushing her head on his shoulder, “I don’t think you have to know anyway. Both of you will talk again eventually,”

She shrugged as she scooted closer, “I hope so,”

The older boy only smiled bitterly, keeping his voice as low as possible with Aran finally focusing on the movie.

“I hope not,”


Nara stared at her lunch.

No, she wasn’t the type to blank easily but when the occurrence of her catching her seatmate staring at her almost too intently in the middle of history class—

“Jungkook?”

He just blinked and doesn’t seem like he’s going to avert his gaze, “Yeah?”

“Is there something with my face?”

“No, why?”

“Why are you staring then?”

Jungkook just smirked, then finally turned forward.

“Just because,”

—it got her into thinking about the conversation that she had with him before.

Like, really, it was weird. Nara doesn’t know a thing about love and she does question why did she never understands, but when she saw Jungkook’s eyes that time made her feel like...

“Nara, are you listening?”

There’s something a little different from his gaze.

“Huh?” she blinked her eyes, “What did you said, Tae?”

The next thing she knows that orange-haired boy was right in front of her face, pouting at the girl who wasn’t listening, “I asked which one do you prefer, strawberries or chocolate,”

“U-uh,” she flustered as she realized Taehyung’s face was so close with her, making her stare at his dashing features—wait, dashing? “S-strawberries, I guess?”

“I knew it!” his boxy smile surfaced on his face, and suddenly Nara thought it was the most beautiful thing that she’d ever seen, “See, Jimin! Strawberries are better!”

“Fine, you win this time—hey, Nara, are you okay? I think you look a little red,”

“H-huh? I’m alright!” she exclaimed a little too loud.

“Aww, Nara, baby what are you shy about?” Seokjin poked her cheeks with the end of his chopsticks, finding a joy in babying the two Jung sisters and practically bugging them, “You look really cute when you’re blushing!”

“I’m not shy about anything!”

“But it’s true that you looked cute!” the orange-haired ruffled her hair, grinning brightly, “You should blush more!”

Really, Nara doesn’t know why that she began to blush furiously but she was utterly confused on why that she suddenly found Taehyung looked a little different that day. His hair seemed much more softer than before, his eyes looked brighter than usual, and his smile—she can’t even describe how she find it so beautiful to see. Why from all of the days since she first knows Taehyung it should be now that she noticed that he’s very attractive?

Maybe because it’s the conversation she had with Jungkook yesterday, maybe it’s because she was probably getting crazy due to the previous project, but she really doesn’t want to think about it again.

“Hey, hey, hey,” Hoseok scowled, “No touching my sister too much!”

Taehyung pouted more as he took back his hand from the younger girl’s head, whispering so his next words couldn’t be heard by the older boy, “Siscon,”

“What did you just said?!”

“You’re a siscon!” he blew a raspberry to Hoseok, earning a snicker from the rest of the boys, “Nara is even okay with me! Right, Nara?”

But the younger Jung sister only stared at Taehyung as if she never had seen hiim before, making the orange-haired boy tilt his head.

“Nara?”

His deep voice snapped her out of her imagination, “A-ah, yes?!”

“You’re blanking out too much!” he exclaimed, scooting closer to the girl even though they were practically sitting side by side, “Is everything okay?”

Nara swore she was going to flip out that moment, because when Taehyung’s shoulder bumped her it sent her—strangely—some kind of electric shocks and her heart was thumping too loud for her liking. She almost wanted to scream at the taller boy’s face to stop moving so close, but unfortunately she didn’t get it out, only stiffening and tinting her cheeks red even more.

“I’m okay, everything’s okay, really!”

“Ooh,” the oldest of the crowd whispered to Aran, the boy is now secretly her best guy to talk to (because Yoongi is apparently unapproachable for her right now), “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

“Sadly yes,” Aran sighed, “I really really really do not want to see this happening,”

“You should be in joy! It’s the perfect time for her!” the older Jung sister knows that Seokjin was holding himself so much not to squeal, “Be thankful that it was Taehyung not some shady person like Namjoon!”

Scowling at him, Aran nudged the boy a little too hard, “Namjoon isn’t shady!”

The table was now in ruckus because Nara’s cheeks didn’t stop blushing and apparently Taehyung and Jimin thought it was cute that they began to pester her more, with Hoseok scowling at them. She can’t really say that she doesn’t like it because besides the embarrasing feeling that poked her insides, there’s a warm giddy feeling that she couldn’t help to like everytime the orange-haired boy .

Little she knows that Jungkook was secretly frowning because he absolutely knows what made her blush.

*******

Namjoon keeps convincing himself that the two girls couldn’t be the siblings that his dad was talking about.

“Namjoon, you’re going to crush the book!” Seokjin frowned as the boy in front of him gripped the rims of the English textbook a little too tight, “What’s up with you these days? You’ve been so out of it these days,”

“Just,” he gulped slightly, dropping the textbook to his desk, “There’s a lot of things on my mind right now,”

“You know you could just talk it out, right, Namjoon?” the older boy sighs, “We’ve been friends for so long you shouldn’t even be reluctant to me again,”

“I know,” Namjoon turned his sight towards the whiteboard, “But I need to work on this alone. Sorry, hyung,”

Ruffling his hair, Seokjin sighs, “Fine, then. But you should always know that we all here for you, Joon,”

“Thanks, hyung,” the taller boy grinned, “By the way, hyung can I ask you something?”

“Go ahead,”

“Is Aran and Nara’s family name was Kim before?”

“Yeah, I think so? I heard Chaerin said it before,” he twirled his pen, “Why ask?”


“Byun Baekhyun, please,” Aran pinched the bridge of her nose, furrowing her eyebrows in annoyance, “Can you just go away for once?!”

“But we’ve got so much to catch up, Aran!” the boy faked a pout, “I missed you so much,”

“Too bad I don’t, Byun,” she slammed the door open and slung her bag over he shoulders. Before Baekhyun could say anything more, the older Jung sister already dashed out of the classroom leaving him alone.

“Ugh,” he grunted loudly, “Stubborn ,”

“You should really stop, Byun Baekhyun,”

The boy rolled his eyes before turning to the source of voice, a blond boy was glaring at him leaning on the doorframe, “Wow, so scary, the great Suga has spoken to me!”

Baekhyun smiled as he saw the scowl in Yoongi’s face grew deeper, “For you information, Min Yoongi, you can’t tell me what to do,”

“Doesn’t mean you’re authorized to do whatever the you want,” the blond-haired boy straighten up, walking closer to him, “Stop bothering the girls with your spiteful face,”

“Jealous much because I’m absolutely much more good-looking than you?” he huffed, “What’s with you and BTS anyway, doting over Aran and Nara like a bunch of guard dogs?”

“They are part of us,” Yoongi squinted his eyes, “You better stop before we take actions on this?”

“What are you guys going to do, bark me off?” Baekhyun scoffed, “You guys aren’t even their boyfriends, it’s getting creepy you know,”

The blond-haired boy clicked his tounge, “We could if we want,”

Suddenly the boy laughed loudly, his back arched, “You? Their boyfriends?!”

His laughter keep echoing through the walls of the room that Yoongi tried so hard to keep himself from hitting the boy, its started to be obnoxiously annoying.

“Okay, okay, that was funny,” he wiped a fake tear, expression quickly contorted into his usual resting face, “Listen here, blondie, you could dream all you want, but you shouldn’t go for the impossible too,”

The shorter boy scrunched his face, “What?”

“I know you wouldn’t go for Nara, oh pure baby Nara, she doesn’t even know what does liking someone mean, such an innocent soul,” he grinned devilishly, “You’re going for the older sister, Jung Aran,”

“So what if I am?”

“Then you’re being delusional,” Baekhyun walked closer to him, steps echoing the class as Yoongi unconciously took a step back because suddenly the boy before him excerts unnerving aura, “Cause no matter what you do, no matter what efforts you made to make swoon her into your arms—she would never end up with you,”

A whisper in his ear made Yoongi fumed.

“Her heart’s already belongs to someone,”


A/N: EVERYONE IM REALLY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR AGES IM REALLY SORRY Im in pressure because of my studies and I just had my college entrance tests this morning.... and I have two more... I can't really promise to update much frequently due to it but I will try to get everything back regularly after 5th of June! And as usual, I will apologize with posting double updates! We see more of Namjoon's thoughts here xD and please tell me if it's a little too fast! I tired to make a lot of fillers but it still seemed too fast -_- the next update will be posted in a few hours!