Chapter 11: Like? Or?

The Spring Between Us

That lunch, Nara and Taehyung stayed in class.

It’s because that Taehyung apparently had failed his physics class and Nara coincidentally had the biggest score last test, resulting in her being told by the teacher to tutor the taller boy on the subject. She didn’t really have objections on the task, but Taehyung is just a really hard kid to taught.

“Tae,” she frowned for the umpteenth time, “I told you you need to use this formula for things like this! They asked for the kinetic one not the mechanic one!”

“Sorry,” he frowned as he erased his answer, “I don’t understand how can you differentiate these two!”

“That’s why you need to concentrate,” she sighed, “Don’t be distracted with small things! You failed your test because you were too busy staring at a butterfly outside,”

“It was pretty,” the boy pouted as he lied on the table, writing back the equation lazily, “I can’t help it,”

Nara finally sighed again as she leaned forward, “Come on, let’s start this all over slowly,”

Unknowingly to them, Jungkook was crossing his arms in front of his chest, staring at the scene in front of him as he leaned on the wall beside the door outside. It wasn’t apparent, but it’s still visible that he had a scowl on his face as he continued to eavesdrop the pair. He didn’t really know why he did it, but he had the biggest urge to keep an eye on them when he heard that Nara had tutor the boy.

“If looks could kill, I think you’ve had cracken up that wall,” Jimin frowned as he approached the black-haired boy, “What’s bothering you?”

“Nothing,” he looked away, but kept the scowl on his face, “Aren’t you going to get lunch?”

“I was but I got lonely because no one’s free,” the shorter boy took a look inside of the door, smirking at himself when he sees the pair, “and I came to find you but you seem to be busy jealousing over someone,”

The word made Jungkook startle, “I’m—I’m not jealousing over someone!”

“Then why are you here then? Having a staring contest with the wall?” Jimin smiled cheekily to him, “You like Nara, didn’t you?”

The boy stratle again as he turned away, blush spreading over his face, “I- Is it that apparent?”

“Not really,” he shrugged, “But we’ve known each other for year, kook, do you really expect that you can keep it low from me?”

“I guess so,” Jungkook sighed, “What should I do? It’s not like I’m crushing hard—but Taehyung’s closeness is really bugging me..,”

“You just gotta be closer I guess,” the shorter boy tilted his head, “You’re her seatmate anyway,”

“I know,” the taller boy finally sighed and stood up from the wall, “Let’s just get some lunch then,”

Jimin nod as he walked beside the boy, silently glancing a little to the pair who’s currently bickering because Taehyung got it wrong again, a thought came to him.

“I wonder if she’ll grow to like one of them...,”


Hoseok sighed as he tried not to glare at Yoongi.

The five of them—the second-graders—is currently working on their joint project on history, and now they’re having their first meeting. Aran and the blonde-haired boy had grew a little awkward since the occurence. Each time they bumped to each other they would glance away from other’s eyes, talking minimally between the two of them and their usual bickering dispersed into thin air.

The older Jung can’t lie that he’s feeling a little happy when he saw the girl took a distance between her and Yoongi—Hoseok knows and it was obvious that Yoongi took a liking at her, with the boy being always unsually talkative with her and he had shown comfort on Aran from his eyes. It kind of bugs him that he was always close to him due to his forbidden feelings.

But the sight of her beeing all flustered and rigid each time Yoongi is in her sight also concered him.

“We could just record them in a video rather than writing it all,” Seokjin says as he tried to break the ice, “Rather than packing it all in the report,”

 “Yeah, we could do that,” Namjoon softly replied. The boy had been looking like he had something in his head since the morning, and Hoseok couldn’t miss the glances he send to Aran and Nara (he’s already that attached to the girls), “Let’s split up the task so we can finish it quickly,”

Hoseok tried to concentrate, “I’ll record the historical places,”

“I-I’ll go with him,” Aran stutters. It’s hard for her to look up because apparently Yoongi is sitting so close to her brother, that she can’t even speak clearly. To the rest of the boys (minus Hoseok and Yoongi) it was a pretty amusing sight, because the girl had always looked like she’s going to kill someone and now she’s all pink and shy.

“Me and Namjoon could make the presentation, so I guess it’s left for you to type up the report, Yoongi,” the oldest of the crowd turned to the blonde-haired boy, “Are we good?”

“Yeah,” Yoongi tilted his head a little, still not looking at Aran’s direction, “Can I go now?”

“Well, we don’t really have anything to discuss anymore..,”

“Okay,” the boy quickly stood up from his seat, “See you guys later then,”

“Wait, Yoongi—,”

Before Seokjin can finish his words, the blonde-haired boy already went out of the room, leaving the four of the dumbfounded.

“We should be.. going too then,” the only girl in the team slumped down, “I’m hungry,”

“Let’s get something to eat then,”the brown-haired boy looked at his phone, “Lunch is going to end in thirty minute, we still have time get something more than just some bread,”

Hoseok nodded as he followed his sister stood up, walking out of the room.

But he didn’t miss how Namjoon is staring at his sister intently.


Unnie, did you use my concealer?!”

Aran scowled immediately when her sister bardged into the room, and continued to put on her eyeliner as thin as possible, “Of course not. I break out from it, remember?”

“Oh yeah,” the younger girl dropped her ballet bag and slides next to her, “Where are you going?”

“The gamestore,” she replied nonchalantly, “I’m pre-ordering Pokemon Moon,”

“Isn’t it too early?” Nara frowned, “It’s released on November,”

The older Jung sister just shrugged, “Nothing is bad with being early,”

Nara then threw a look at her before standing up and taking off her hoodie, changing her ballet outfit to a much more comfortable outfit, “By the way, are you and Yoongi-oppa still avoids each other?”

A contour brush dropped from Aran’s hand, “W-We’re not avoiding each other!”

“Really,” the younger girl scowled at her, “Unnie, you don’t stutter in front of people unless you’re extremely embarassed,”

“I don’t stutter!”

“Fine, be like that,” Nara sighed, “But talk to him quickly, it’s really strange to see you act like a herbivore,”

“Yah, Jung Nara—,”

“It’s true, even the rest of the boys was confused!” she plopped down on her bed, turning on the small radio-slash-speaker on her nightstand, “And I think Hoseok-oppa is glaring daggers at him since then,”

“Hoseok-oppa is overprotective,” Aran sighed as she tied her hair up into a bun, “Nara, can I ask you something?”

“Huh?” the girl tilted her head, “Yeah, sure,”

Aran turned to her as she was done with her makeup, staring at the younger sister as she contemplated about the question she’s going to ask, “What do you think about Namjoon?”

The younger girl pursed her lips as she glanced at the ceiling, “Sometimes I feel like I’ve seen him somewhere before.. like I should have known him... but that’s all,”

 “Right?” the older girl frowned, “I feel the same. Could he probably our neighbor or something like that before?”

“I don’t think so,” Nara replied, “I remember our neighbor being a girl before. Why so sudden, Unnie?”

Shaking her head, she stood up as she took the small sling bag on her desk, “Just wondering. What are you going to do now?”

“Hmm,” the younger girl looked to the clock on the radio, “Nothing actually. Why?”

“Could you take the box on the dining table to Jungkook’s house? It’s from mom, apparently she wanted to give their mother a gift from Dubai. I think it’s somekind of silk fabric,”

Nara then threw a look to her sister, “Why don’t you do it? You’re going out too,”

The girl immediately threw her a look, making the younger girl grin as she jumped down her bed, “So you admit that you’re having problems with the older Min!”

“Please, Nara,” she slapped her forehead, “Just do it okay?”

“Yeah, yeah, alright,”

******

“Whoa, this thing looks expensive as hell,”

Nara quickly arrived at the Min’s household, thankful that the house wasn’t really that far and was reachable by foot. She was quickly greeted by a wet-haired Jungkook that had just gotten a shower, expecting Nara to be Jimin or Taehyung because apparently the three of them supposed to have a movie night that day.

“Mom likes these kind of luxury things,” she shrugged as she took a peek at the box’s inside, “She likes to buy it for other people too,”

“I’ll make sure my mom say thanks,” he grinned to her, securing the box on the dining table, “So you up for the movie night too?”

“Well, unnie said yes but Hoseok-oppa haven’t replied yet,” the shorter girl pouted, “But I think it’s okay. Unnie said she’ll pick me up if it gets too late. By the way, where’s Yoongi-oppa?”

“Out,” the boy gestured her to follow him to his room, “He said he has basketball practice. But I know it’s just his excuse to let some steam off,”

The girl tilted her head as she took a seat on Jungkook’s bed, “Why would he wanted to let some steam off?”

“Uhh, if you haven’t noticed, he got this thing with your sister, remember?” Jungkook lazily plopped down on the bed as he the television.

“Oh,” Nara nodded thoughtly, “But why is he so bothered with it? He did said it was an accident, right?”

“Duh, because he likes her and apparently Aran-noona was too flustered about what happened and she gets all rigid when hyung came in,”

“Well, you’re right—wait, your brother likes Unnie?!”

Jungkook scowled at her as he reached for a popcorn bowl, “Wow, Nara, really, you didn’t know? Knowing you like this it’s a wonder why those rumors get around you,”

The girl returned the scowl and smacked the boy’s head, “Sorry for being blunt!”

“It’s really noticeable—Yoongi-hyung doesn’t really get close to people that easy. Like, you remember the first time we met you right? He doesn’t even talk,”

The younger girl rubbed her chin as she tried to think, “Hmm, you’re right. But how do you know that it’s that kind of like?”

“Just because,” the black-haired boy munched some popcorn, “You’ll know, when you feel it you unconciously show it to the world too,”

“Then,” Nara tilted her head again, “How does it feels?”

“What?”

“Liking someone,”

The younger Min then stopped eating, jolting up into a seating position as he moved closer to the girl, “You never knew?”

Nara frantically shook her head, “Everytime I asked Aran-unnie she always said that a girl who liked everyone wouldn’t understand it,”

“Nara, you’re unbelievable,” Jungkook stared at her in awe, “You’re a teenager and you’re saying you’ve never experienced love?”

“What’s wrong with that,” she pouted cutely, “Explain it to me,”

Leaning on the wall behind him, he huffed, “Well, it’s probably the happiest feeling in the world. You can get all jolly just because one smile and sometimes you’ll feel like the only thing you wanted in the world is them being happy,”

Seeing that the girl still didn’t understood the concept, Jungkook found himself unconciously getting closer to her as he stared at her eyes intently while continuing, “It is actually pretty strange, when you like someone, one touch from them and you feel butterflies all over you and sometimes you yearn for more. Sometimes it hurts because of the jealousy, but it’s still the best thing in the world that can happen to people, I think,”

Nara leaned over as she returned his stare innocently, “That’s pretty complicated. Have you liked someone, before?”

The boy paused as he thought of what to say. He did had liked someone before, but all of it was just a simple adoration that he used to have on them due to her shyness at girls. He can’t say what he’s feeling to Nara is the real deal, but he knows it’s pretty different from the other crushes that he had.

As she was waiting for the boy’s answer, a single strand of hair fall upon her face but she didn’t bother to brush it off. Instead, Jungkook reached over while still staring into her eyes, slipping the hair to the back of her ear.

“Yes.”

A hum came from the younger girl as she still staring back at the boy and pouted, not knowing what she did had made the other boy’s heart beat faster. It’s mindless, but she was staring back just because she feel like it, “Do you have one now, then?”

There wasn’t even a decent distance between them anymore.

“Yes. I have.”

Before Nara could ask more, suddenly the door to his room was opener harshly.

“I HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED, PEASANT—Oh, Nara, you’re here too!”

There they was, Jimin and Taehyung, barging into the room with strange poses. The taller boy had a stern face while his hand was in saluting motion, the other boy throwing his hand in the air as he put up the brightest face that he has. Nara giggled as she saw them but Jungkook in the other hand slapped his forehead.

“Hey, Nara!” Taehyung quickly scooted closer to her, “I didn’t know you’re here for the movie night too!”

“Well, I’m bored. Have you finally finished the assignment I gave you?”

“Don’t worry,” the orange-haired boy threw her a thumbs-up, “I finished them in a flash!”

“Jungkookie, my buddy, what are we going to watch today?” Jimin grinned as he slunged his arm around the younger boy, “Hey, why the long face? Don’t tell me you’re constipated—oh, oh, did you two had just— did I ruin the moment—,”

“Yes,” a dark expression was plastered over the black-haired boy as he slipped in a CD on the player, “And we’re watching Insidious today,”

Jimin’s face grew horrified, “YOU CAN’T JUST DO THAT WE AGREED ON SOMETHING FUNNY!”

“Do you really think I’m in the mood for something funny now?” Jungkook glanced at the younger Jung sister who’s currently laughing over Taehyung’s joke, “Now bear with it—it’s your fault,”

The older boy only gulped in defeat.


A/N: I have finally updated after being so long from the last one TT TT I guess now everyone already knows what's the connection between Namjoon and the sister XD I'll explain more in the future chapters don't worry~ And I finally made a poster! It's not grand but I'm pretty content with it ^~^ I'll try to update much more quickly, so see you in the next update! As usual, feel free to send in feedbacks!