Chapter 7: A New Start

The Spring Between Us

When Yoongi and Hoseok (with a sleeping Aran on his back) came home, the boys bombarded them with questions, only to be shushed by Seokjin because apparently the Jung sisters are still asleep and they don’t want to risk them waking up in a bad mood.

“You go tell them,” Hoseok says as he took off his shoes nonchalantly while still piggyback-ing Aran, “I’ll take Aran to her room. Where’s Nara?”

“She’s sleeping on the couch,” the blonde-haired boy pointed at the girl curling in the beige couch, “I still think they need to hear it from themselves!”

“Well Aran didn’t exactly object when you told me and do you really expect Nara to spill it out?” Yoongi shook his head in defeat, “Fine, but at least one of you go and take Nara to her room first. I don’t want you brats to wake her up with your reactions,”

“On it,” Jungkook said as he slipped his hands under Nara’s knees and behind her back, “Don’t start without me!”

“We’ll definetly start without you,” Jimin snickered, earning a groan from the younger boy, “Just kidding, just go!”

The black-haired boy nodded and quickly took the girl upstairs, following the boy who’s already ahead of him. Yoongi sighed as he took off his blazer and slumped down on the couch.

“Listen closely,” he says, “Because I don’t repeat things twice,"

*******

After confusing between the two girl’s bed and decided to just put them in any of it, Hoseok and Jungkook quickly walked down to join the other boys with Yoongi being already halfway on it and the others trying to explain things simply to Taehyung because apparently he’s a little slow on how things goes.

“So you’re saying that Aran and Nara knows Chaerin before all of this happened?” Seokjin says as he took a bite on the french fries that he just made. Yoongi nodded as he was waiting for Hoseok to give him some clothes—the boys had just decided that they’ll stay the night there as because Hoseok’s parents are gone for the week and they don’t want to leave the girls yet.

“Yeah, their bestfriend even,” the blonde-haired boy says while grabbing a pair of sweatpants thrown to him, “I can’t believe it too, if you were wondering,”

“Like, how could that happen?” Jimin threw his hands up in the air and slumped down the couch, “Chaerin is like probably the meanest girl I’ve ever seen in my life,”

“Well the important thing is we managed to scare her off for now,” Namjoon added, “We gotta be more cautious, I suspect Baekhyun would probably make his move soon too,”

Suddenly they heard footsteps from the stairs and a flock of fluffy brown hair appeared, face sleepy like she hadn’t got sleep for years. The fact that she doesn’t even reacts when seven boys greeted her in her own living room makes the boys hold their giggle, because Nara looked adorably like a sleepy baby right now.

“Hi, Nara,” Hoseok greeted as he took the girl’s hands, pulling her to the couch, “How are you feeling?”

She shrugged, her face screams cute all over the place, “Not bad,”

“You should just sleep again,” Taehyung says as he offered a glass of water which she takes gleefully, “We called the school that you couldn’t continue the class,”

“I know,” she said as she gave him the glass back, walking drowsily to the kitchen then rummaged the shelfs, “I come to take something,”

“You should just tell us do it,” the youngest of the boys moved over to her, “What are you searching for?”

“Cooling pads,” she replied nonchalantly, “And some paracetamol,”

This made the boys perked one of their eyebrows up in confusement, with Jungkook finally searched too, “Why would you need it?”

Unnie’s having her usual fever,”

“Oh, so that’s why—wait what did you say about noona?”

“Uhh, she’s having a fever?”

The rest of the boys immidiately shot up when they heard what Nara had just said, with Hoseok shot up his hands in the air, “I swear me and Yoongi cleaned her wounds throughly!”

“Huh?” Nara stared at them like they were a bunch of maniacs, “What are you saying? This is normal,”

“Nara, baby dear, it’s not normal,” Seokjin frowned at her, “Your sister had just caught a beating and was wounded a lot. You might think it’s usual for her for her, but there’s also the fact that her wounds could be infected and it will worse the fever!”

She tilted her head and then her expression grew horrified, “Oh my god, you’re right!”

The youngest of the crowd began to franctically take the cooling pad she just found in her hand and began to screw up the kitchen’s shelf in search of some paracetamol and painkillers, “Why am I so stupid! Ah, now I have to move her to her bed!”

“Calm down, Nara,” Jungkook said as he already found the medicines before the girl, “We’ll help you!”

“No!” she suddenly screamed and glared to the boy beside her, “Unnie hates boys coming to her room!”

The boys secretly gulped. They hoped to heavens that Aran never found out about their little treasure-hunting session.

“But you can’t just carry her by yourself!” Taehyung exclaimed, earning a squinted eyes from the girl.

“Trust me,” she closed the shelf while balancing the medicines in her hands, “You don’t want to see unnie blew up,”

“No, we’ll still help you,” Namjoon took the medicine from Nara’s hands, “You can even stand straight, Nara!”

The girl sighed, “If unnie went crazy, it’s not my fault!”

“Well, what are we waiting for?” Hoseok suddenly showed up with a pile of blankets in his hands, “Let’s go, she’s waiting!”


Thankfully due to her fever Aran didn’t even have the strength to comment at the boys who barged into her room while being all worried about her.

It’s been three days that she had been in bed and the boys keep visiting her because apparently they said that ‘It’s not fun without Aran-noona at school’ with Yoongi suspiciously being too protective and too clingy to her, him being the most person who visited Aran the most (other than her own brother). Nara still continues to go to school under BTS’s protection, with the boys keep sneering at gossiping girls and tried to make the younger girl feel comfortable at all cost. She eventually went back to her old seat beside Jungkook too, but not without the black-haired boy’s pleads and assurement.

“Rejoice, Aran-ah,” Hoseok says as he took the termometer from the girl, “Your fever’s pretty much gone. I think you’ll be able to go to school tomorrow!”

The girl just nodded, burying herself under the blankets more. Hoseok ruffles her hair as he stood up, “Breakfast is downstairs, so feel free to eat it anytime,”

“Has Nara gone to school yet,”

“Yeah,” he nodded at him, “Don’t worry okay? The maknaes stick a lot to her, she’ll always be under our protection. You don’t have to fear about Chaerin anymore,”

Aran purses her lips as she reluctantly nod again at the older boy. He who saw it smiles at her patted her head, “Well, I’ll be going now. Text me if you need anything, okay?”

As Hoseok stood up and turned his back, suddenly a hand holds his wrist, pulling it slightly to make him turn back again. The older boy perked up one of his eyebrows as he glanced to her, “What’s wrong Aran-ah?”

She looked down before she finally stared at him right into his eyes, “I- I’m sorry,”

The boy was silent until he finally took a seat back beside her bed, “What for?”

“I’m sorry for shutting you off for this whole time,” she gulped, “I don’t why am I so afraid to trust you when all you do is being nice to me—you even took care of me too.”

“Hey, hey,” he hushes her down, “You don’t need to say sorry to me, okay? I know it’s been hard for you and your sister and none of it was your fault. You were just trying to protect yourself,”

“I feel guilty,” she croaked, “You guys are being too nice,”

“Well, it’s not a sin to be nice to people, right?” Hoseok beamed a smile to her, “So don’t say sorry again okay? Me and the boys understands you.”

She hummed in reply and Hoseok stood up, “I better get going to school then,”

But she didn’t release her hold and it makes the older boy confused again, “Aran?”

Suddenly she threw her glance away from him, “I don’t like being alone when I’m sick,”

“...Do you want me to stay?”

As Aran reluctantly nodded at the question, Hoseok chuckled as he took out his phone.

“Well, aren’t you a cutie,” he earned a small smack on the shoulder from her and a pout, “You should just say instead of making codes like that!”

“I’m not making codes...,”

He laughed at his blushing younger sister as typed something in his phone, “Wait, let me text the boys that I’m gonna be absent for the day first,”

“...You’re really skipping for me?”

“Hey, I’m your brother,” he grinned, “I’ll stay as long as you want,”

He threw away his phone on the desk as he finally finished texting his friends, turning back his attention to Aran, “You should sleep more,”

“What’s for breakfast?”

“Just regular rice and some seafood. Why?”

“Then I’m going to sleep first,”

Hoseok laughed at her, “Then what do you want for breakfast then?”

“Something watery and hot,” she suddenly srunched her face, “I’m feeling dizzy,”

“Well take a rest,” he softly raked his fingers through her hair, “I’ll make you some soup when you wake up. Or force Seokjin-hyung to do it,”

Aran giggled at the older boy’s statement and turned to stare at him again, “Your cooking doesn’t that much,”

“Thank you for the encouragement, Aran-ah, but really, I think it’s much better to let someone who knows what their doing rather than just me.”

“You’re a really nice brother, Hoseok-oppa,” the older boy heart tensed and raced as he heard the call, Thank you,”

He only smiled at her as he keeps raking her hair, the younger girl slowly drifting into sleep. As she finally closed her eyes, Hoseok sighed and pushed her bangs out of the way as he was still caressing her hair.

“Sorry, Aran-ah,” he whispered as he softly kissed her forehead, “I don’t think I’m a good brother.”


“Nara,” Jungkook pleaded, “Please eat,”

The girl has been pretty silent since the occurence, refusing to talk to other people and being reluctant all the time. The boys had been trying to cheer her up, but nothing was helping.

She keep staring at the lunch in front of her, the boys wondering if she’s going to take the spoon soon or not. Another thing that made them worry was her appetite—she hadn’t been eating right since then, being all gloomy and sad and saying that she wasn’t hungry.

“Come on, Nara,” Namjoon sighed, “You’ll get sick too later,”

The girl looked to boy as she finally sighed, taking the spoon in her hand but still no action from her. The boys secretly groaned again because this is probably the umpteenth time that she showed no interest in food and they could already see her thinning her self out.

“Nara,” Taehyung suddenly called, “If you’re not going to eat, they’ll haunt your dreams later!”

“Huh?” The girl stared at him confusedly.

“Yes!” the orange-haired boy nodded at her, “If you don’t eat them, those foods will haunt you at night and say things to you like why didn’t you eat them because apparently they believed to be the most delicious food in the world!”

The rest of the boys was starting to look at Taehyung weirdly, but Nara seemed interested.

“So you better eat them now, or do you want your dreams to be full of them?”

A silence was his answer but suddenly the younger girl giggle, making the boys perked up in surprise.

“Okay, okay,” she smiled softly, “I’ll eat them so they wont haunt me,”

A big smile was plastered on Taehyung’s face when she started to scoop her portion of rice and plopped it down , downing the lunch before her. The boys finally sighed in relieve because they thought that Nara was going to starve herself until death, but she finally eventually eats.

Jungkook was smiling at her but he was actually a little disappointed at himself, with him being her self-proclaimed bestfriend but couldn’t make her even smile a little. He secretly sulked as he continued to eat his lunch, not knowing that Jimin knows that he was glooming over the interaction between Taehyung and Nara.


“We’re home!”

The door was finally opened after a few knocks (if you count banging the door courtesy of Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook knocking), revealing a little disheveled Aran looking like she just woke up.

“Why don’t you just open the door normally?” she said as blinks her eyes, “You don’t have to break down the door too!”

“Sorry, unnie,” Nara sheepishly smiles as she rubbed her neck, “I forgot to bring my keys!”

The older girl sighed, “Just come in,”

The crowd cheers as they took off their shoes, running inside the house, “Where’s Hoseok-oppa?”

“Taking a bath in his room,” Aran says as she took a seat back in the couch, “He’ll probably show up soon,”

As the older Jung sister ended up her words, Hoseok’s door room opened revealing the boy just done with his shower, hair still wet with a towel on it, “Oh, you guys are here!”

“Yeah, we’re just done from school,” Jungkook replied, “Hey, Nara you said you were going to watch The Conjuring!”

“Ah, you’re right!” she said, “But the dvd player is in my room... and...,”

The younger girl looked to her sister, her eyes asking if she could bring the boys in the room. Aran haven’t really responded to the whole thing because of her fever, and now that she’s back up again Nara was scared she’ll freak out.

“Sure, just go ahead,” surprisingly Aran nods, “I’ll make something for you guys,”

A loud cheer erupted from the boys as they ran upstairs to the girl’s room, making Nara chuckle as she followed them from behind. Aran was just standing up and going to the kitchen when suddenly one of the boys showed up beside her.

“Here, let me help you,” Seokjin smiled at her, “What are you planning on making?”

“Only some chicken and tteokbokki probably,” she shrugged, “I haven’t been going out for grocery,”

He chuckled, “I’ll make sure to pester Hoseok later for it,”

“Nah, no need, I like going for grocery,” she says softly, earning another chuckle from him, “What?”

“This is the longest that I have heard you talking to me, Aran-ah,” he grinned at her, “You’re actuall pretty talkative aren’t you?”

“Sorry,” she purses her lips, “I’ve been putting on my walls too high,”

“And Yoongi’s the special person who broke it down, huh,”

“Yeah—wait, why Yoongi?”

“Well if isn’t obvious, you chose him instead of your brother when we go out from the start,” he said as he chopped down some leek, “He’s the first one you told your story too,”

“He’s just coincidentally there,” she pouted, making Seokjin laugh at the scene because finally the ice princess showed another expression than stoic.

“If it was Namjoon or Hoseok who was there would you tell?”

She grew silent before Seokjin erupted another laugh, making her fluster and tinted her cheek red, “He’s just less noisier and much toleratable than the rest of you guys!”

“Hey, I’m not as noisy as them too!” the older boy giggled as he patted Aran’s hair, “Don’t worry Aran-ah, your secret is safe with me,”

“He’s not special!” the girl cried playfully, “And you just chopped an onion, eww, don’t touch my hair!”

*******

“Move over, guys, food’s here!”

Surprisingly Aran and Nara’s room was still pretty spacious with the boys in there. They were currently watching a movie that Nara had promised to them to watch, with them sitting on the carpet before the TV. Namjoon was sitting behind Nara while absentmindedly braided her hair with his eyes still on the TV, Taehyung lying on the carpet as he had his head on Nara’s lap and Jimin practically lounging over his stomach. Jungkook was sitting beside the youngest girl of the crowd with his chin propping and placed on the girl’s shoulder, Yoongi leaning on the closest bed to him with Hoseok lying beside him vertically with his face facing the TV.

“FOOD!” Jimin and Taehyung shrieked like they have never seen them in years, jumping up from their places to devour them. Yoongi who saw Aran waved his hand to her.

“Hey, Aran,” he says as he gestured the girl who had just placed the food on the table to come over, “How are you feeling?”

“Much better than before,” she says as she plopped down on the space just beside him, “I never knew Namjoon could braid,”

“A man has to have a lot of skills,” the said boy replied as he ties down Nara’s hair with a scrunchie that he had found in the younger girl’s accecory box, “Braiding was just a small part of it,”

“But braiding is pretty surprising for a boy,” Nara chuckled. Taehyung shoot up from his devouring session to look at her, mouth still full with chicken, “I can do it too!”

“Tae, you can’t even do origami,” Jimin said, earning a pout from the taller boy, “I can try!”

“Aran,” Yoongi suddenly called, “Let me braid your hair too,”

She moved closer to the boy with doubtful eyes, “Are you sure you can do it?”

“I can even do a french-braid and those fishtail ones,” the blonde-haired boy scoff, “Don’t ask why,”

“Why?”

“Because Yoongi-hyung used to be mom’s experiment!” suddenly Jungkook shouted, earning a death glare from the older while a bunch of snicker erupted from the other boys.

“I can imagine that,” Aran giggled. A groan was heard from the boy behind her, who was already taking her hair to his hands, “Please just shrug it off,”

Hoseok smiled at the scene. Even though there was still this strange feeling that he felt towards Yoongi and Aran, he was relieved that Aran finally tried to open up to them instead of shutting herself off from the world.

He could see a brighter future for all of them.  


A/N: HI GUYS IM SORRY FOR UPDATING TOO LONG I was going out the other day and kind of overworked my self and got sick TT TT I feel like this chapter is a bit boring but we can finally see Aran opening up to the boys ^^ And thankyou for 11 subscribers!! I never though that this story would go pretty well as I was writing it for my guilty pleasure TT TT Thank you for all of you who comments too! See you in the next update~