Chapter 1: A Not So Amusing Introduction

The Spring Between Us

 

"Oh my god, hyung, come on, you lazy !"

"Shut it brat, I'm not as youthful as I am before!"

"Yoongi-hyung, please, we're just one year apart," Jungkook groaned, "It's the first day of school! You should be excited!!"

"That excitement has died years ago when I faced reality," Yoongi replied as he huffed while keeping up with the younger boy, "Really, why are you so fast?"

"Becuse it's the first day of school, hyung, I'm finally a highschooler!!"

"There's not really exactly a difference between middle and highschool," the older of the duo sighed. The black-haired boy beside him has finally slowed down, but still hyper.

"Oh, look, there's the others! Taehyung! Jimin! Hyungs!"

"Kookie!!" the said boys--Taehyung and Jimin--shouted, both of them lunged themselves to the younger. "What took you so long?"

"I bet this grandpa slowed you down, huh?" Namjoon loomed over to the blonde-haired boy who's currently grumping at the situation, "Seriously, Yoongi, you have to work out sometimes,"

"I'm functioning fine without working out, so no thanks," he said as he straighten up his bag, "Where's Hobi?"

"He haven't arrived, yet," Jin said as he looked to his watch, "He should have been here, his house weren't that far..,"

"HEY GUYS!!"

The crowd turned to the source of voice, only to be greeted with a sweaty Hoseok.

"Whoa, there boy," Namjoon said as he stepped back, "Where were you from?"

"The- Principals.... Room," the boy replied as he keep on huffed, "I have to accompany my siblings there,"

"Siblings? Aren't you an only child?" Yoongi said as he perked up one of his eyebrows, but then a thought hit him, "Ah, I forgot. So it really happened, huh, the marriage,"

"Ah!" the oldest of the crowd smiled, "That's why there are moving trucks in front of your home yesterday!"

"Yeah," Hoseok nodded as he sighed, "I'll introduce you guys later... if they want,"

Jungkook noticed the slumping at the older boy, "What's wrong, hyung?"

"The thing is... I don't think one of them likes me too much," he grinned bitterly. Suddenly the bell rings from the school building, making the circle of friends shot up their heads.

"Crap," Namjoon said as he straighten up, "Boys, we better run before the principal s up us again!"


“...And have a great year!”

The school ceremony has just ended, students from various grades began to pour out from the school’s auditorium. They flocked up within their own groups, talking to each other and making their way to the side of the auditorium, where a list of classes they’re going to be are plastered.

Aran squinted as she tried to search for her name. Apparantly she was assigned in the class 2-A, with unrecognizable names listed by with hers. She sighed as she turned her back, walking away from the crowd flocking around the place. She then moved to the 10th grader’s place, trying to search for her sister.

“Aran-unnie,” the familiar girl waved her hand, “I’m here!”

“Have you found your class?”

“Yeah, I’m in 1-A,” she grinned. Aran gave a grin back, “Cool, we’re in the same section then,”

“Is Hoseok-ssi—I mean, oppa in your class?”

The older girl frowned at the rememberance of her now brother, “No, apparantly,”

“Well, we gotta go,” she smiled at her, “First class is going to start soon! See you on lunch, unnie!”

“Yeah, okay,”


Kim Taehyung was stunned.

Everyone was talking about the new girl that has just moved in. The school is actually a pretty big school, having a middle school and a highschool both joined in making everyone practically has known each other—and almost all of the students in the highschool was in the same middle school as before. So when there’s a new person coming in, everyone would be interested.

The girl standing in front of the class was utterly beautiful to him. Her brown locks flowed down and her sincere smile as she introduce herself, Taehyung had thought an angel had fallen down to earth.

“Whoa, look at her,” Jimin said as he whispered to him from the back seat, “She’s pretty,”

The orange-haired boy just nodded, still in a trance of aweness at the girl as if he forgot how to speak. He didn’t realize that her introduction was finished and currently searching for a seat.

“You could sit there at the empty seat beside Jungkook!” the teacher exclaimed, earning a nod from the girl as she stepped forward moving to the designated place. As she arrived, she was greeted with bunny-teethed black-haired boy—and a glare from the girls at the class. After all, Jungkook is part of the school’s Kingkas.

“Hi!” Jungkook smiled at her, “I’m Jeon Jungkook! You can just call me Jungkook, or whatever you like...,”

“Hello to you too, Jungkook!” she giggled, “I’m Jung Nara, I hope we’ll get along nicely!”

Man, how much Taehyung wanted to be in Jungkook’s place right now.

“Lucky,” the red-haired boy behind Taehyung whispered again, “He better introduce her to us later!”

“Yeah,” Taehyung nodded, “He better!”

“Alright, everyone! You could know Nara-ssi better later at lunch, we’re going to start the lesson now!”


Min Yoongi had his first love in 4th grade and he still remembers how she looked like.

The soft cherry-brown locks and the milky skin that glowed nicely in the bath of sunlight—it was a breathtaking moment for a small boy like him that time and he had the image printed in the back of his mind.

And when he sees the new girl came in the clas, a wash of nostalgia and surprise came over him.

He was so sure it was her. The features in her face and her locks—there’s no girl who have it except her.

But the girl in his dreams was radiating sunshine, like she was sent to spread happiness—instead the girl who is currently seating beside the window in front of him on his right side wasn’t even a half of that.

She puts up a stoic expression, talks really minimally and avoids gaze. She was exerting this cold aura that Yoongi wouldn’t be surprised if she had the nickname Ice Princess. Nevertheless, he was still sure she was that one girl, but what could have happened that made her like this?

Even Seokjin, the nicest person on earth to Yoongi, was brushed off by her. He can almost feel the girls glaring at her—no one brushes off Seokjin like that.

Now he kinda worries that she’ll be the girl’s public enemy in the first day of school.


“Oh my god, BTS is here!”

“Wow, I never really thought I’ll see Jungkook in highschool!”

“Ah, Seokjin-oppa is really handsome!”

Aran scowled as she scooped her lunch. The kimchi-jjigae felt foul to her as she listen to the girls scream. Apparently a bunch of Kingka who called themselves BTS were stepping in the cafeteria, making the whole room squeal and fangirl. According to the whispers and the gossips in the school, they have been together since middle school and was made of a bunch of cute guys, some even suspect them as a gang which makes the fangirls squeal louder because girls are just weird like that. As much as Aran hates people, he hates girls who screams too much more.

Which will possibly make her hate BTS.

“So, they’re the KingkaI’s of the school, huh,” Nara said as she sipped her juice, “BTS—Oh? I think Hoseok-oppa is there,”

“He has just to be a Kingka huh?” the older girl spat as she closed the lid of her rice bowl, “I hope they don’t get to us,”

“Lighten up, unnie,” Nara nudged her older sister, “They couldn’t be that bad,”

“Every Kingka is bad news, Nara-ah,” she replied as she waved her spoon at her, “You just don’t get involved with them or those monsters following them will probably up your life,”

“Oh my god, Unnie, you’re exagerrating things!” the younger of the two suddenly lowers her head, “Unnie, Hoseok-oppa is coming here!”

“What—why?!”

“Hey!”


The gods must have been smiling at Taehyung right now.

Apparently, Hoseok’s new siblings consists of that pretty girl in his class and another pretty girl who is currently sporting a scowl at them. This adds up the chance of him getting closer to her!

“Hey!” Hoseok said as he approached the table, making the two girls looked up to him, “Aran-ah, Nara-ah, these are my friends that I want you two to meet! Boys, introduce yourselfs!”

“No need!” Jungkook grinned as he took a seat beside Nara, “We knew each other! I’m her seatmate, right, Nara?”

The girl smiled at him and nodded, making the boy grinned more (and secretly Taehyung was jealous).

“Hi, I’m Jimin!” the red-haired boy smiled to both of them, “And here’s Taehyung! We’re in the same class with Nara-ssi here!”

“Yoongi,” the blonde-haired boy said as he leaned at the wall beside the table, earning a smack from Seokjin, “Be nice!”

“I am being nice!”

“I’m Seokjin, don’t mind him, he’s always grumpy,” he said as he took another seat, just beside Aran, “I believe Aran has already known me, right?”

Aran just nodded to him and glanced back to Hoseok’s friends—and seemingly surprised at the last guy to be introduced, turning her head to her younger sister who had the same expression and pretty much glancing at her too.

“I’m Namjoon. Kim Namjoon, the group’s leader,” suddenly he was elbowed by Hoseok, “What? You guys can’t function normally without me!”

“Yeah, said the one who conducts a treasure hunt and made us go home like we has just fought a gang!” Jimin snorted. A glare was quickly sent to him, making him cower behind Nara, “It was right!”

“You guys just don’t want to admit that it was fun!”

“What’s fun from getting out a box of old books from the hill..,” Taehyung trailed off as he retorted back, making the whole group laugh and a giggle from Nara who made him blush madly with Namjoon fuming in frustration.

“Those books are really good!”

They ended up talking to each other—well, more like Nara talking to them and Aran humming in response. Nara was fairly easy to fit in, but Aran was a hard shell. The boys had wondered how to make her come out, but she was just too reluctant to participate in the talk. Yoongi even talked and cracked up a joke, remembering he wasn’t the one to do such things but Aran just didn’t budge.

Suddenly she shot up from her seat, “I need to go to restroom,”

“Ah, do you want to go together?” Nara says as she was going to stood up, but the older girl shook her head.

“No, I’m good. See you later after school, Nara-ah,”

Nodding almost reluctantly, she waved at the girl which earning her a wave back, but Hoseok butted in.

“See you after school too!”

Hoseok swear he could se her roll her eyes, but nevertheless she nodded at him before she goes.

“Sorry about that,” Nara said suddenly, “Unnie isn’t really fond of people,”

“Well, we could see that,” Namjoon says as he took Aran’s seat in front of her, “It was obvious, but don’t worry, I’m sure she’ll open up to us soon,”

Nara looked at the boy in front of her as something sparked in her memory when she sees her. She knows her sister had felt the same, she knows it wasn’t nothing. There must have been something more to him but she couldn’t grasp what. Instead, she just smiled at him.

“Yeah, I hope so,”

The girls around the cafeteria was supscious of the two girls. BTS had practically isolated themselves from girls since they came in the spotlight in middle school, but now suddenly they’re flocking around with some girls that has just moved in to the school and knew nothing about the Kingka’s.

They just have to know more.

 


A/N: So here is the first chapter! There's not much going on but I assure you its going to be better next time! It's my first time writing with an OC and it feels weired writing a she-view of point haha ^^ please send feedback so I can improve on the story and thank you for reading <3 (p.s. the boy's hair color is based on dope except for taetae who had his orange hair from haruman <3)