Flame

When love becomes bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mark, where have you been? It's very late already" Jackson asked when Mark hyung suddenly entered their room, carrying a plastic bag. "What is that?"

"You want some?" Mark offered.

"W-wait. Beer? Why are you drinking beer? You don't drink!" Jackson sensed something was wrong with his hyung. 

"I think it's fun to drink once in a while". Mark replied. 

Jackson wanted to ask further but he knew better not to. "Finish that so you can take rest right away. And don't forget to turn off the lights". 

"Ok". 

Mark drank two cans of beer. He could feel his face reddening and his body heating up. He was not a drinker but he knew he needed to especially during times when his head were all muddled by unhappy thoughts. What he saw and what he heard tonight, he knew he could never, ever forget. 

..that night, Mark decided to take one last look at Bambam before he went to sleep. He wanted to knock but decided not to. He opened the door a little, enough to see Yugyeom beside Bambam on the latter's bed, with Bambam's head on the other one's lap. They were laughing together.

"You know I like you right?" He heard Yugyeom. Mark closed the door gently, not wanting to hear the rest of their conversation and left the room with a heavy heart. 

"I should have known that you weren't really interested on me from the start, no matter how hard I try", he told himself. He went back to the bedroom, took his wallet, and went out. 

====

"Since when have you liked him?" 

"I don't know Yugyeom-ah. One day I just woke up getting embarassed when I am in front of him; blushing when he would touch my hand; then I started getting worked up when he's beside Jinyoung-hyung." Bambam explained.

"So you hate Jinyoung-hyung now?" 

"Of course not! I like hyung so much. I just can't avoid feeling jealous, if that's what you call him". 

"Unless they are real lovers".

Bambam hit Yugyeom with a pillow. "You evil maknae! Feeding my brain with unwanted thoughts!" 

Yugyeom laughed. "But seriously, what if they are the real thing? MarkJin couple?" 

Bambam fell silent. "I don't know.. should I support them?Keep my feelings? Steal him?" 

Yugyeom felt guilt with what he had said. He knew Mark and Junior weren't a couple but he didn't know why he suddenly had the urge to poison Bambam's mind. "Forget what I've said. If you really want to know, then ask him". 

Bambam sighed. "It's unrequited. I knew it. He only sees me as his dongsaeng and his friend". 

Stupid Bambam, of course he likes you. "so now you know the pain that I feel, huh? The pain of liking someone who doesn't like you back". 

Bambam put his head on Yugyeom's shoulder. "Do you hate me now?" 

"No. At least I have you even as a friend and you have me as your friend. Who knows you might fall for me". 

"Yugyeommie!!!!" He was hitting Yugyeom. "You're so wicked!" 

"Ouch!!! I'm just kidding!!" 

"Yah!" And bambam started tickling Yugyeom.

"Stop! Stop!" 

Suddenly they heard the door open. 

"Yah! Are you two kids?! Go to sleep now". Warned JB. 

"Yes" they answered in chorus. 

"Goodnight Yugyeommie~"

"Goodnight Bammie~"

Thank you Yugyeom for not leaving my side. 

Thank you for being honest with me, Bambam. 

And they fell asleep. 

=========

They next day, they were rehearsing for their special performance on M Countdown. They had been practicing for an hour and they were getting tired. 

"5 minutes break!" JB announced. 

"Uhm.. Mark-hyung, water?" Bambam offered Mark a bottled water. 

"It's ok. I can get one on my own". Mark declined and got himself a water and wiped his neck with a towel. 

"Oh.. ok". Bambam dismayed. Yugyeom, who heard it, patted him on the back. 

After water break, they practiced for another 30 minutes. 

"Hyung, let's stop for now". Jackson whined. 

"Ok, but -" Jb was speaking when Mark interrupted him. 

"No. Let's do another round". Mark said with a serious voice. 

"But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter