Yunhyeong: Part Two

Different Types
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunhyeong & Jisoo (Lovelyz) 

- - - 

Yunhyeong let go of her elbow as those words fixed themselves into his ears slowly making its way to his mind to understand what she just said. He looked at her and she hugged herself with her arms. He felt his heart pounding hard in some panic that was taking over his feelings.

What?

"Happy now?" she said looking at him as the tears never stopped. "I left because I had a brain tumor and I left because I didn't want to get that look you are giving me right now. Pity and the look of losing someone. I couldn't do that to you."

"Jiso--"

"Bye Yunhyeong." she turned and left him standing in his place. There was no need for to stick around and be faced with a look that will only bring up memories years ago. She saw it every day on her parents and it was enough for her to see. It was why she had to be an anchor for herself. It was the only way she was going to get through everything.

- - -

The chemotherapy.

The surgery.

Resting.

Exams every other two months.

Not to mention the loss of her hair for a while. She was lucky she was in the hospital and didn't see anyone other than her parents. It was hard but manageable.

There were days when she felt weak and all she wanted to do was sleep but her mother would make her walk down the halls for a bit and eat some jello or yogurt to at least have something light in her stomach.

Thankfully her brain tumor was curable. It was at an early stage and her chemotherapy was only for two months just to shrink it for the right amount. Then next was the surgery. It was scary at first and Jisoo kept reading different articles online that some patients didn't make it and she couldn't sleep the first few nights.

Luckily her doctor told her she would be fine and nothing bad was going to happen. Sure enough hours later of being operated Jisoo woke up during the night and saw her parents asleep on the uncomfortable love seat next to each other.

It was hard but even though she had to be the anchor for her parents. It made her stronger in her own way and was glad that she survived this life experience.

Jisoo had left South Korea to be in Canada living with her parents until the surgery was over. They were staying with family for a while until she suggested for them to stay for a few years and when it was time they could return back home.

Her parents didn't give in at first but they agreed and it was for the best. Jisoo was happy with her life in Canada. It was mostly because no one knew her there and she was able to start fresh but she was the talk of her school with her hair and her surgery. She didn't feel comfortable about it.

Not a single day went by when she didn't look at a picture of her and Yunhyeong smiling as they looked into the camera. She missed him every day. She wished she could call him and let her explain herself. But he would probably hate her and hung up.

He probably had another girlfriend and was treating her like a princess.

It would be better if she didn't communicate anymore. She wasn't sure if she was going to see him again nor did she think she would survive the surgery. It scared her so she left with her parents as they suggested.

Before she left, she picked two flowers from the flower shop. It was one pink carnation and one red. Each have a different meaning and she hoped Yunhyeong would know them once he searched them up.

It was the last gift she gave him before leaving.

- - -

Yunhyeong dragged himself into his home walking by the kitchen where everyone was already eating. He heard his mom call out to him but he ignored her as he went to his room and shut the door behind him.

He dropped his bag on the floor and laid on his stomach on his bed. He closed his eyes and felt a tear slide out as it crossed the bridge of his nose. He had been holding in his tears for a while and now that he was home, he couldn't.

Shortly after that one, another tear came out escaping his eyelids.

A brain tumor?

How is that --

"Ugh!" he groaned into his pillow and moved his head to the right side sniffling.

This whole time, he thought she left because of a stupid reason or something and it turns out it was because she was sick and she was going to get better for herself.

Why couldn't she just tell me that?

He sighed feeling a slight pain in his throat as more tears were wanting to come out. But he didn't want them to.

It took time for the information to sink into his mind. He fell to his knees when Jisoo was out of sight. He felt his heart in more pain than before learning the truth.

The truth was out.

Thinking it would make him feel better but it was the opposite. It wasn't the same pain from when she left. It was the pain of the thought losing her and not knowing about it. He would have been there for her if she just told him. Instead she didn't and left.

"UGH!" he groaned again but this time he opened his eyes and the door to his room opened up.

"You're so lucky, I covered for you." the voice of his sister heard as she came in closing the door behind her. "What's wrong?"

He felt his bed move as he knew she was sitting down. He didn't say anything to her. He just couldn't find the right words.

"Oh that girl I spoke to yesterday, I learned her name!" she let out laugh.

Let me guess..

"Seo Jisoo. She is pretty cute too. I think she and I will be good friends. Unlike Sowon and Haeun. Gosh they were drooling over you today during lunch and I made a mistake sending Sowon to look for you. I should have asked Jisoo instead. " She sighed looking at the back of her brother.

Listening to his sisters rant it was slowly taking his mind off of Jisoo but hearing her name again it just brought back more pain of the truth. He sighed letting out a groan into his pillow again. He just felt confused and unsure of what to do now. He wanted to talk to her more about it but he played the bad guy.

"So what's your deal?" Eunjin asked moving his leg to the side as she sat crossing her legs. "Did something happen at school?"

"No." he mumbled but loud enough for her to hear.

"They why are you acting miserable?" she smacked his leg making him jolt up from his place.

"Eunjin!" he shouted at her. When their eyes met, she saw the redness inside his eyes and took it as a note that he had been crying.

"What happened?" she asked looking concerned for him. "Tell me or I tell mom."

He sighed closing his eyes knowing he can't win against his sister. They were best friends at home and told each other everything no secrets. He averted his eyes from her for a moment before going to his closet taking out a small box and going back to the bed.

"What's this?" she looked at the box and carefully opening it. "Oh my gosh you are so cute! Awwwh!"

Yunhyeong smiled feeling slightly at ease by his sister. She kept taking out more things and saw the two flowers.

"Oh carnations are my favorite flower!" she smiled looking at them. "Its ashamed they are old and crusted. 'I'll never forget you and my heart aches for you.'"

He sighed as he sister was talking amongst herself looking at the stuff until the light bulb came on in his mind. "What did you just say?"

Eunjin laughed as she handed him the flowers. "It's what they mean. Pink means; 'I'll never forget you.' Red means; 'My heart aches for you.' Or it can mean admiration too."

Yunhyeong looked at the flowers and widen his eyes. The flowers were from Jisoo. He found them inside his desk one day when she didn't show up to school. There was no note but only her name. He didn't understand why she would give him flowers. That was when she didn't show up to school anymore and the teacher mentioned she left.

"Why does she look familiar?" Eunjin tilted her head to the side. "She looks like Jisoo."

"It's because it is." he said looking at the flowers.

"What?" her eyes widen at him. "No way! When?"

"Middle school. We were friends at first and then it grew to something more. I was starting to fall in love with her but she left and I never saw her again. Seeing her yesterday was the first day in years and today I learned the truth." he sighed putting the flowers in the box. "Don't hate her for breaking your brothers heart. She has a good reason."

"What was it?" Eunjin asked still looking at the picture. They both looked so cute and innocent.

"She had a brain tumor."

Eunjin quickly looked at him with wide eyes again. "Seriously? Is she ok?"

Yunhyeong shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know but I hope she is now. She... she is the only girl I've ever liked and one of the many reasons why I never dated."

"What are the others?" she put the picture back and closed up the box.

"Not wanting to get hurt again. Not wanting to feel the pain from when she left and dealing with it all over again." he sighed getting the box and putting the flowers away as he put the box back in its place.

"It's a good thing I told Sowon and Haeun not to date you." she nudged him as he was sitting down next to her. "Now Jisoo on the other hand...I don't know her yet but if she better now maybe there can be a second chance for both of you. Just take it one step at a time. You never know brother."

He chuckled as a smile had formed on his face. He couldn't remember when he smiled but it felt nice. "Are you approving of Jisoo already?"

Eunjin rolled her eyes with a smirk. "I'm not sure, but if you still feel something for her in your heart then take this time to think about what you want to do."

For a few years younger than him. She did give pretty good advice. "Are you sure you're older than me?"

She laughed and pushed him away before standing up. "Be sure to eat something light before bed and don't worry I won't tell mom."

He nodded for a thanks and felt his shoulders lighter being able to talk to someone about Jisoo. Tomorrow was going to be a different day and he was going to get answers. It wasn't going to be from Jisoo. I would be from mutual friend.

Nerdy Mijoojoo.

- - -

It didn't take long for Yunhyeong to find Mijoo the next day. She was with Jinhwan and Myungeun under one of the trees joking around and laughing. From a distance, he saw Jinhwan teasing Mijoo as she would be hitting him but he managed to grab her wrist pulling her to him for a kiss.

He felt his heart pounding hard into his chest as he got closer to them biting his bottom lip wondering if this was a bad idea or not. He did want answers and he knew he wasn't going to get them from Jisoo anytime soon.

"Hey guys." Yunhyeong said looking down at his friends.

They all stopped what they were doing and said hello back with a smile.

"What brings you to us?" Mijoo asked looking up at him "I thought you would be with Hanbin or Bobby.

"No, Bobby is staying by Jeongyeon's side making sure she doesn't get bothered by Jennie. Hanbin is too busy in the practice room with Donghyuk and Junhoe." he said with a smile. He went down to his feet looking at Mijoo seriously. "I was wondering if we could talk about something?"

Jinhwan eyed his friend who was looking at Mijoo and felt worried of being out of the loop. "Is it something I should know?"

Mijoo tilted her head to Yunhyeong for a second and then back to Jinhwan with a smile. "No."

"It's about Jisoo." Yunhyeong answered back to her making her face him. Her eyes widen for a moment and then didn't.

"Kim Jisoo? The girl hanging around Jennie?" Myungeun asked looking at him.

"No, Seo Jisoo." he looked at Myungeun. That's when her eyes widen and she looked at Mijoo exchanging the same expression.

"You know..." Mijoo spoke softly looking down at ground.

"Yes. I um.. forced it out of her yesterday..." he felt guilt running through him all over again like last night. It felt terrible with his inside twisting.

"You did what!" Mijoo was on her feet now looking scary. He stood up putting his hands in the air and took a few steps back. Jinhwan was already on his feet going behind Mijoo wrapping his arms around her waist making sure she didn't attack him.

"I'm sorry ok! I was letting my jerk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter