Hanbin

Different Types
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin & Hayi

- - - 

It had only been two months. Only two months yet everything felt as if it happened last week. Every time Hayi closed her eyes, she could hear a car honking and a white blinding light before everything went dark.

It now felt lonely and depressing. Nothing went right for the poor girl. Lee Hayi had moved to America when she was eight leaving behind an childhood friend and first crush. But she was pretty sure those feelings were long gone. To her luck, when she was in America, she lived next door to another Korean family, who had a son her age.

They were also in the same classes until his father got a job promotion and they moved back to South Korea when she was sixteen. They still wrote to each other for as much as they could. But knowing that Hayi had no family in America and didn't really know any family members in South Korea, she ended up living with the family that she knew when she was little.

When the taxi stopped in front of the a nice perfect size house, she sighed nervously and looked down at the only photo she was able to keep with her parents. She paid the driver and grabbed her two suitcases from the trunk.

She took a deep breath before pressing the doorbell and someone answered the call. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, I'm looking for Kim Hayun? I'm Lee Hayi." she said and waited for what the other person did. There was a buzz letting her go through the front door and out came a middle aged women with a young girl attached to her leg.

"Hayi!" she embraced her with a warm tight hug. "It's nice to see you, I'm so sorry about what happened to your parents. I know it will be hard adjusting, but no worries, you will feel comfortable in no time."

Hayi gave her a small smile with a nod. "Thanks for taking me in, I know I'm of age and all but you know my parents."

"I know, Jeeyi wouldn't mind this at all. She will always be my close friend." Mrs. Kim smiled at the young girl. "Hanbyul meet Hayi, she will be living with us from now on."

The small girl, had long brown hair with cute small eyes. She smiled at Hayi and hid behind her mother.

"She is shy." Mrs. Kim smiled. "Come inside and let's get something to eat."

When they entered the house, everything was neat and organized. Their maid came with a smile and took the two suitcases from Hayi and took it to the room down the hall.

"That is Mrs. Seo, if you need anything let her know." Mrs. Kim told her. Hanbyul, went back to the living room and started bouncing along to the song that was on TV. She clapped her hands and laughed as well. "What would you like to eat?"

Hayi hugged herself with her arms and let out a smile. "Anything is fine."

Mrs. Kim went into the kitchen and looked through the fridge. "Come in and have some bibimbap. Mrs. Seo is already fixing up dinner but have a little bit to eat."

Hayi sat down carefully at the table and a small bowl was placed in front of her with a few side dishes. "Thanks Mrs. Kim."

Mrs. Kim smiled and patted the girls head. "I'm not sure if you remember my son Hanbin, but he will be home soon."

Hayi tried to think of her son, but nothing really came to mind. Only his name, it sounded familiar. She started eating her food and enjoyed it all. She sipped down some water and finished everything. "It was delicious thank you."

Before Mrs. Kim could say something the front door opened.

"Oppa!" Hanbyul ran towards the door and he picked her up in his arms.

"How is my favorite little sister." he spoke as he hugged her.

"Good! Mom is with the pretty Unnie." she smiled at her brother.

Huh?

He walked into the kitchen with Hanbyul still in his arms along with his friend following behind.

"Hanbyul are you sure she is pre -"

Hanbin stopped talking the moment he laid his eyes on the girl who was sitting down across from him where he was standing. She had golden brown hair with a cute round face with cute eyes and nose. She suddenly stood up and bowed at him and the person behind him.

"Holy crap!" the person next to Hanbin spoke. "She is pretty."

"Kim Jiwon," Mrs. Kim stood from her place. "How many times have I told you not to swear around Hanbyul?"

He gave a smile making his eyes almost closing. "Sorry Ma'am."

"Hanbin, this is Hayi," Mrs. Kim went to the girls side and placed her hands on her. "You both used to play together when you were young."

Hanbin placed his sister down so she could play but instead Jiwon lifted her up in his arms and took her out of the kitchen.

"Aren't you going to say 'Hello' Hanbin?" his mother questioned him.

He had never taken his eyes off her when he saw her. He suddenly felt his heart jumping for some unknown reason. He cleared his throat and his bottom lip and gave it a small bite. "Hello."

"Do you remember her?" his mother asked him.

He looked at his mother and then back at the girl who was standing with her head down and a mix of pink started forming on her face. "No. I guess I was really small to remember her."

I do remember her.

She was my best friend and first crush.

But she left.

It hurt.

"Oh that's a shame." Mrs. Kim sighed and rubbed the girl for comfort. "Is there something you want to do now?"

Hayi looked at the women and smiled. "I want to rest if that's ok?"

Mrs. Kim nodded. "Of course, I'll have Hanbin or  Mrs. Seo call you when dinner is ready."

When Hayi excused herself from the kitchen and almost bumped into the person who called her pretty. He gave a smile like before and held out his hand. "I'm Kim Jiwon, you can call me Bobby or Jiwon Oppa."

She shook his hand and suddenly felt chills run up her spine. She quickly passed him smiling at Hanbyul and went to her room. She leaned against the door and slid down pulling her knees to her chest.

I remember him... Hanbin.

But he doesn't remember me?

She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. She looked around her room and the wallpaper was light pink with white lily's for the cute pattern.

Mrs. Kim must have fixed it up for me.

Hayi pushed herself up and saw her two suitcases already in the closet which meant her closes were already put away along with other things.

She sat on the bed and grabbed one of the pillows to hold against her chest. A tear slowly went down her cheek as she started missing her parents.

- - -

Dinner time came around and Mrs. Kim told Hanbin to go and call Hayi to eat. He pushed himself from the sofa as he left Jiwon and Hanbyul there. He knocked on her door but got no answer. He did it again and slowly opened the door. He saw her figure laying down holding one of the small pillows and in the other hand he saw a photo.

He carefully went up to the bed and picked up the photo.

These are her parents.

I remember them.

He had heard the news two weeks ago that she would be coming to live with them. He was anxious yet he didn't know why. It had been years since they had seen each other. Everything was going to be different. But one thing was for sure, he was going to make sure she was never alone again.

Although, he wasn't sure what he meant by that either. His heart started racing again as he placed the photo down and stare at her. She sniffled and his eyebrows narrowed together.

Did she cry?

Why?

He saw her slowly move on her back and slowly opened her eyes. She widens them when she saw Hanbin staring down at her. "Is there something wrong?"

He blinked at her and felt his throat dry. "Huh?"

"Yo man, what's taking you so long?" Jiwon suddenly entered the room. "Your dad is here and dinner is ready Hayi."

She looked over to Jiwon and nodded her head. She got off the bed and quickly turned over the photo of her parents and left the room.

"Hayi," a older man's voice was heard when she entered the kitchen. "It's been a while hasn't it?"

Hayi nodded her head and Mr. Kim. He opened his arms for the girl and she gave him a hug and he let go. She wasn't sure where to sit but she ended up sitting next to Hanbin since Jiwon sat across from her helping Mrs. Kim with Hanbyul.

"If there is anything you need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter