Donghyuk: Part Two

Different Types
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghyuk & Yerin (15&)

- - -

A week had passed by in a blink of an eye.

Donghyuk and Yerin had been spending a lot of time together and their friends around them could see it. Within just short time, Donghyuk felt very comfortable around her and he always had her smiling. He liked it a lot.

Yerin felt very comfortable around Donghyuk in just little time and there were times when he and Mino would tease but she would end up getting her revenge with the help of Jimin. She saved his number that night once he texted her along with the picture of his bedroom.

But, they never spoke about that night of the kiss that almost happened.

One, neither of them knew how to bring up the topic.

Two, they both felt embarrassed.

Last but not least, they both felt maybe it wasn't right to bring it up.

The day was almost coming to an end and Donghyuk was leaving class with Yerin and Jimin. Mino was absent because he had gotten sick. He had texted Donghyuk to keep an eye out for Jimin for him. She had been feeling a bit sensitive lately and he wanted to make sure she was alright.

When walking down the hallway to the outdoor area, some guys happened to be walking by and made some animal noises that were directed for Jimin.

She heard the noises and soon stopped in her tracks. Donghyuk had turned around to say something but nothing came out his mouth. His throat felt dry and his mind suddenly went blank.

Yerin saw him not doing anything and got angry. She went up to the guys and pushed them back one by one. They all stumbled back and one fell backwards. "You guys should grow up and act your age not your shoe size!"

"What did you just say!" one of the guys stood straight looking at her. "Watch your words little girl!"

Despite that Yerin was short, she was pretty strong for her personality. Donghyuk could never understand why she said she is introvert when she is more extrovert too.

Jimin finally went up to the guys and pulled Yerin behind her. "Do you have a problem with how I look! HUH! Why does my body figure matter to jerks like you? Do you have something you don't like about yourself? Is it something down below?"

Donghyuk and Yerin were watching her in shock.

Jimin scoffed and crossed her arms. "I happen to like how look. I like myself. If you don't like something about yourself, don't take it out on others to make them feel like you. That's being very immature and pathetic."

There happen to be a small crowd forming as they watched the scene.

"Stop trying to make me feel worse when I like myself and my body."

Jimin turned around and started walking away.

Yerin followed after her along with Donghyuk, a few people were clapping and cheering for her. When they turned the corner to be sure they were out of sight from those guys. Jimin leaned against the wall taking a breath.

"I can't believe I just did that!" she fanned herself.

"I can't believe you did that either!" Yerin smiled as she hugged her best friend. "I'm proud of you."

"I can't believe Mino Hyung missed that!" Donghyuk said with a smile. "Wait until I tell him."

"No don't," Jimin smiled as she looked at him. "I actually want to call him right now and tell him."

Donghyuk nodded and saw her walk off as she grabbed her phone from her bag. He looked over to Yerin who was smiling at her best from behind but when she met eyes with Donghyuk her smile faded.

He caught on and frowned. "What?"

"Why didn't you stand up for her?" She crossed her arms under her chest. "You know how I don't like others picking on her and you just stood there doing nothing!"

Donghyuk had a feeling where this was going. He looked down and bit his bottom lip. He didn't know how to respond to her statement. So for now, he stayed quiet.

Yerin sighed running her hands through her hair. "I know we've only known each other for a week and all but I didn't think you would pull something like this. You know how much Jimin means to me and for people to pick on her, it's wrong. But seeing you just stand there also made me angrier and disappointing."

Donghyuk felt hurt by the last word and looked at her. "I'm sorry, but it's good that she stood up for herself too. You can't always be babying her and protecting her all the time. She will never learn that way."

"I don't --"

"Yes you do Yerin." Donghyuk cut her off. "That's why she stays quiet. Because she knows you and Mino Hyung defend her and she doesn't have to worry about it. That's why guys like that always pick on her because they know she won't say anything. If Mino Hyung was here today and he heard that, he would have jumped in like always. But seeing how he isn't, she managed to step up and do it herself. That's why now, guys like that won't bother her."

Yerin stayed quiet and looked over his shoulder, he saw her looking somewhere else. When he turned around and saw Jimin with the phone close to her chest. She looked at him and gave a small smile. "Thanks Donghyuk."

Was all she said and walked away from them.

Yerin sighed and looked back at Donghyuk. "Now you've done it."

Donghyuk felt a bit annoyed and pulled her arm making her turn around. "Am I wrong?"

Yerin shook him off and kept walking after Jimin.

Donghyuk and his fingers through his hair and sighed as he watched Yerin from afar talking to Jimin. He didn't believe what he said was wrong. It felt mostly true. He felt bad for not standing up for Jimin either. He sighed and turned the opposite direction and headed to one of the practice rooms.

He saw Hanbin and Bobby practicing. He joined them and didn't say a word for the rest of the day.

- - -

You know that feeling inside that you get when you know something is wrong and you can't shake it off until its fixed. You try and see if that person will talk to you again but they end up ignoring you.

Well, that's exactly how Donghyuk was feeling. He had this annoying feeling in his mind that he couldn't shake off and he hoped it would go away. A few days had passed since Jimin stood up for herself and Yerin had not spoken to him. He tried a few times but she would walk faster trying to get away from him.

He didn't want to grab her wrist or cause a scene either. He leaned against the wall one night during her late practices hoping they could talk but instead when she was finished, she left  not saying a word to him.

He didn't understand why is she still upset over a matter that was way over due. He sighed and ruffled his hair as he tried of another way to talk to her. He tried texting her but she wouldn't respond. She would read them but she didn't reply. He would call her but she wouldn't answer the calls.

He was thinking about giving up but he couldn't. He still had feelings for her and he missed talking her.

One day after class with Mino; Donghyuk asked him if he could talk with him and Jimin alone. As if fate was on his side, Yerin was absent because of a sore throat. Mino also agreed because he had something he wanted to tell the young one as well.

Donghyuk and Mino walked for a bit until they saw Jimin leaning against the wall on the phone. She smiled as she saw the boys and ended the call. "Sorry it was Yerin."

Hearing just her name, Donghyuk's heart skipped a beat. He gave a small smile and looked at her. "How is she?"

Jimin smiled at him. "She is fine, I told her n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter