Chanwoo: Part Two

Different Types
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanwoo & Dahyun (TWICE)

- - - 

Chanwoo entered his classroom and the other students were huddled around in a circle talking amongst each other. He didn't understand why but they kept looking over to him.

Is there something on my face?

He touched his face trying to take off anything but felt nothing. He still felt confused and didn't want to bother with what was going on. He averted his eyes to Dahyun's chair and it was slightly pushed to the side.

That's strange? She gets here after the bell.

A sudden thought came to him as he realized they hadn't gone out for ice cream in while. He smiled at the idea from when they went bowling and was going to tell Moon Bin and Chaeyoung when they arrived.

In that same moment, he was going to take this chance to see if his feelings for Dahyun are real or it's just a flake. He wasn't sure and it could have been his mind playing tricks since it happens. But today, he wanted to be sure.

It would be nice to know and if it was true, he would confess before school ends in two weeks. He saw Moon Bin come in with Chaeyoung with a worried look on their face.

"What's going on?" Chanwoo asked as they sat down in front of him setting their things down and took a moment before they turned to look at him.

"Have you seen Dahyun?" Moon Bin asked him with worried expression

"Why would I have seen her? She gets here late remember?" Chanwoo chuckled at them. "I was thinking we should go get ice cream after school since we haven't gone from the bowling night."

Chaeyoung and Moon Bin exchanged looks with each other for a moment staying quiet speaking only with their eyes.

"Seriously what's going on?" Chanwoo asked again with a smile waiting. When his friends looked back at him, his smile faded and his facial expression went serious. "Did something happen to Dahyun?"

Moon Bin stayed quiet putting his head down.

"Tell me!" Chanwoo raised his voice making the room quiet in a second.

Chaeyoung didn't flinch but she was already shaking as she closed her eyes for a moment and then opened them looking at Chanwoo. "Last night, she called me and she told me something unexpected."

Chanwoo waited giving her a nod to keep going. His heart started to race with panic and he didn't like it.

"When she got home yesterday, her mother told her they are moving to be with her dad when school finishes." Chaeyoung let out a breath knowing her heart can relax from wanting to explode. "The worst part is that...she might not come back to South Korea for a long time."

WHAT?

NO!

Chanwoo's heart sank to the pit of his stomach as he leaned back in his chair. His happy emotion was replaced with a shock and hurt emotion. It was hard to even feel with the news he was given. He didn't want to process it at all. He didn't like the idea of Dahyun leaving and not coming back again.

He would only have two weeks left with her.

That wasn't a lot of time.

"Chanwoo," Moon Bin spoke quietly to him. "There is a rumor going around that Dahyun came in early and she was here. But she didn't look in a good state."

Not knowing what to do, Chanwoo just pushed himself out of his chair as it moved back and shook his head. "I need to talk to her. I need to go."

"Chanwoo, you don't know where she is." Chaeyoung said to him standing.

"So? If she isn't a good state then it's our job as friends to go and find her right? Forget about school right now, Dahyun is more important." he said looking at his friends.

Moon Bin stood up with a smile. "I'm in."

Chaeyoung bit her bottom lip. "Me too, let me call for some help."

"The boyfriend?" Chanwoo asked eyeing her.

"Yes. He is in town for a week. If we split up we can cover more ground." she said texting Hoseok and looked up at the boys. "Let's go before the teacher comes."

The three ran off the school grounds meeting at a place a few blocks down and sure enough Chaeyoung's boyfriend showed up with a black cap and trying to cover his face. He smiled at her giving her a kiss on the forehead. When he looked at the boys, they widen their eyes and realized Hoseok is really J-Hope from the trio group Rising 3.

They all did quick introductions and split up in four different directions.

Where could you be Dahyun?

- - -

The faster Dahyun ran, the more she felt her messy bun bouncing around and before she knew it, the rubber band fell off and her hair was flying all over the place. She didn't stop to look for it. She kept going until her feet could no longer move.

She ran across the street when cars were still going. They would honk seeing a random school girl running as if she didn't care for her life anymore.

It felt that way.

She didn't care about her life. It felt like it was already over with this move and not being able to come back ever again. She felt as if her world was just crashing down and life didn't stop for her. It was still going and the earth was spinning as always.

She ran down the sidewalks not caring if she bumped into others. She pushed harder as she ran and turned left. She ran more and then turned right.

Tears were ruining her vision as they were building and the tears would start sliding down her cheek like last night.

Why did this have to happen?

Why do I have to move?

Why can't I stay here?

She turned right and took a few steps before a car came slamming their brakes and before Dahyun could even blink, she stumbled back losing her balance as the car came to a complete stop.

Dahyun pushed herself up and bowed excusing herself as she started running again. Her lungs were burning and they needed air, but Dahyun only ran more and more. She wanted to keep going until her feet gave out and she was out of breath.

It was the only way to avoid the pain of leaving the one place she calls home. Her friends were here, her favorite stores were here, her favorite foods were here. Moving away makes it hard to be happy in another place.

It's basically starting over.

She didn't want to start over. She did that when she was in middle school. That was when she met Chanwoo, Moon Bin, and Chaeyoung. Their friendship was the best thing that happened to her when she moved back to South Korea.

In the other places she lived, she was alone and only had one or two friends. Then by the end of the third month, she moved to another city.

Dahyun ignored the tears streaming down her face and her hair flying all over the place. Nothing mattered anymore. Her life was going to change in two weeks and it was going to .

- - -

Chanwoo panted as he placed his hands on his thighs bending over.

Moon Bin was leaning on him adding more weight from his own as they were breathing.

Chaeyoung was bent down on her feet as her boyfriend Hoseok had his hands on his hips with his eyes closed breathing hard.

"We've been searching for three hours." Chaeyoung said moving up to stand but felt her legs wobble. Luckily, Hoseok saw her and quickly wrapped his arms around her.

"Careful Love." he said to her with a smile. "Don't pass out on me."

She smiled at him poking his cheek letting him know she wouldn't.

"We should take a break." Moon Bin suggested standing up leaning off Chanwoo. "We could all use one."

"I'll go get some water for us." Hoseok offered kissing the top of Chaeyoung's' head and went to the corner store.

"Wow. I still can't believe your dating J-Hope from Rising 3. He seems so cool in the music videos and in person he is really sweet and humble." Moon Bin nudged Chaeyoung as she smiled at him.

"Yeah, I was a nervous wreck when him and the other members rented out the sauna for the day. I thought I was to be a klutz which did end up happening but thankfully he was there and helped me." She smiled remembering the memory and then her smile faded. "Oh my gosh! Why didn't I think about that!"

"What?" Chanwoo stood up finally and looked at Chaeyoung.

"The sauna! What she is there?" she grabbed her phone and dialed the number. After ten seconds of waiting, she started talking on the phone and two minutes later she was off with a frown. "She isn't there."

Chanwoo shook his head. "I don't think she would be there. If your aunt or family members saw her, that would be the first thing they do is to tell you."

"Good thinking." Moon Bin nodded at his friend. "She can be anywhere. This city is huge!"

"When Hoseok comes back we will take a few sips of water and keep looking." Chaeyoung said putting her phone away.

The three of them were standing around resting. Chanwoo kept calling Dahyun to see if she would pick up her phone but there was nothing. He sighed trying again and again.

Chaeyoung took a few tries as well and she got nothing.

Hoseok came back with the waters in his hands and handed them to Chanwoo and Moon Bin. Before he handed Chaeyoung hers' he opened it. She smiled thanking him and drank from it.

The nice chilled water went down perfectly for their burning lungs as they still felt like fire and the coolness helped cool it off.

"Any luck?" Hoseok asked looking at his girlfriend and the two boys.

Moon Bin shook his head. "Nothing."

Hoseok looked down for moment and then back at his girlfriend, she had the phone to her ear.

"Jeongyeon? Have you seen Dahyun?" she asked talking in the phone.

Chanwoo became all ears looking at Chaeyoung. He knew Jeongyeon through Bobby a while back and from when he had the pool party.

Hoseok grabbed his phone making a call to someone. "Hey Jimin are you with Nayeon? Can I ask her something?"

Chanwoo then looked over to him and back at Chaeyoung who got off her phone. "Jeongyeon will keep a look out."

"Same with Nayeon." Hoseok said putting his phone in his pants. "If we have more people involved with looking for Dahyun it can help us more. Don't get me wrong, us four are doing the best we can but it doesn't hurt to ask for help right?"

Moon Bin nodded and looked at Chanwoo as he was lost in his own thoughts. He nudged his friend getting him to snap out of his trance. "Huh? Yeah more help is good."

Truthfully, he didn't know all of her friends like Chaeyoung did. He wanted to be the only one to keep looking for her and be there for her if she need to cry or vent or anything. He didn't like the nauseated feeling he was getting in his stomach. It was making his insides twist and making him feel sick.

He sighed thanking Hoseok for the water before they decided to split ways again. Before that could even happen a voice called out to Moon Bin.

They all turned and saw a tall male with brown curls with light brown eyes and plumped lips. He wore a black shirt with a dark forest green jacket and black skinny pants that were ripped on the thigh area and leg. "Why aren't you in school?"

Moon Bin smile at him as if he wasn't doing anything wrong. "We are um.. doing a school project. It's so nice to see you Kangjoon, you're looking good these days are you seeing someone?"

Kangjoon glared at the young boy smacking him in the back of the head. "Don't lie to me."

"Ow!" Moon Bin rubbed the back of his head. "I'm not lying!"

Kangjoon raised his hand again but Moon Bin moved away from him. He sighed moving his hand back and placing both of them on his hips. "What's really going on?"

"We are looking for our friend!" Chaeyoung said stepping forward.

Moon Bin hissed at her for speaking up but she didn't care.

"Have you seen this girl?" She showed him a picture.

Kangjoon held the phone up to his face looking at the girl smiling with her colorful hair. "Oh? I saw her!"

Chanwoo stepped forward widening his eyes. "Where? Where did you see her?"

The older boy chuckled handing the phone back. "I was actually driving down the street and this young girl with bright orange hair with bright pink comes out of nowhere. I almost hit her but I didn't. She got up and left."

"How did she look?" Chanwoo asked before anyone else.

"Honestly? She looked like she didn't have a clue. She bowed and ran off. She was too fast for me to talk to her." Kangjoon stuffed his hands in his pockets. "This was about two hours ago maybe?"

Chanwoo looked down closing his eyes before feeling his phone vibrate in his pants. He took it out and saw it was a call from his mom. He didn't want to answer it but if he didn't she would keep calling and calling. "I have to take this."

He walked away from the group and answered the call.

"Mom?"

"JUNG CHANWOO! WHY AREN'T YOU IN SCHOOL! THEY CALLED ME AND SAID YOU WEREN'T PRESENT IN CLASS! WHY ARE YOU SKIPPING?" she practically yelled in his ear. He moved his phone away from him and rubbed it. "THIS IS GOING ON YOUR RECORD!"

He sighed not caring. "It's not a good time right now mom. I couldn't care less about school. I'm dealing with something important."

"WHAT COULD BE MORE IMPORTANT? SCHOOL IS IMPORTANT THAN --"

"MOM JUST STOP IT OK? I'M A KID RIGHT NOW AND I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT THAN YOU YELLING AT ME ABOUT SCHOOL!" With that, Chanwoo ended the call and placed it back in his pocket. When he turned around, he saw Moon Bin blinking his eyes and Chaeyoung doing the same thing.

"Kangjoon, pinch me please?" Moon Bin said being in shock.

Kangjoon gave him a confused look but reached out to pinch him.

"OW!" He yelped with a jump. He rubbed his arm hissing at Kangjoon for pinching so hard and then back to his friend. "I can't believe you just told your mom that!"

"Same here." Chaeyoung said looking at Chanwoo as well.

Chanwoo didn't reply to their comments, he went up to Kangjoon instead. "Can you tell me exactly where you saw her? Please I need to find her."

Kangjo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter