Bluebell

I Told You Not To Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 2[/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2] I don’t hate love. I just hate what it does to you in the end[/CONTENTID2] [CONTENTID3]

 

 Luhan's hands clumsily searched for his bed, his ringtone sounding somewhere on his bed. Once his hand reached the source of the gold coloured phone, he swiped the screen, not forgetting to curse the caller gazillion times in his head.

 

WHO IN THE HOLY WORLD OF PIZZA DARES TO INTERRUPT MY BEAUTY SLEEP?

 

"HELLO?" He pressed the phone close to his ear. To be honest, Luhan was not the type to snap quickly; it was mainly because he finished his class like around 2 in the morning and he was beyond exhausted. His not-so-wild-and-sassy-princess mood always appeared when he was tired and now seemed like an ideal time for its comeback.

 

"Whoa, ... Easy there tiger." Luhan squinted his eyes to check the caller ID, a number he didn't recognise. But, the voice.. That voice.. No! It can't be. Luhan shook his head a few times, refusing to acknowledge that the voice was similar to that person, the same soothing deep voice that still once made him go crazy. It can't be him!  

 

"Who are y-you?" Luhan unconsciously stuttered, revealing that he was clearly very nervous.

 

"Try and guess?" The voice answered with a smug, teasing tone.

 

"Well, Mr I-don't-care-whatever-you're-called, listen here-" He glanced at his clock; it showed 6 a.m. ARE YOU KIDDING ME IT'S 6 IN THE MORNING OH LORD! Luhan, take a deep breath and calm down. In. Out. In. Out. He quickly gathered his composure and continued, "-I'm tired, and I just want to sleep so can you please tell me what you want or I will gladly hang up right now."

 

A chuckle came as a response. "Feisty, I see. Hey, it hasn't been that long since we last met. Don't you remember me?''

 

"S-Sehun?"

 

"Of course, Lu."

 

Luhan instantly shut his mouth -- he was speechless after five years of not meeting and hearing from the one that he is was in love with. 

 

Am I dreaming? This is too good to be true. There's only one thing that bothered Luhan. "Sehun-ah, where did you even get my number?"

 

"I searched for it. Hard work always pays off, right?" Sehun's voice was still the same as before, soothing and calming. Luhan felt his heart thumping loudly.

 

"Luhan-ah, how are you?"

 

"I'm fine, you?"

 

"Not really."

 

Sehun's reply surprised Luhan. "Wait, why? What do you mean? Are you okay?" His questions came in like bullets.

 

"You're still the same as before." Sehun let out a short laugh. "Always worrying about me."

 

Yeah, the same as before. Maybe even my feelings. Luhan bit his lower lip, resisting the urge to ask Sehun about that one particular question - the one that hurt him to the core before.

 

"So, how many kids do you have now?" Finally, he gathered his last, tiny bit of courage.

 

"Hmm, kids? One. Two."

 

Luhan was on the verge of breaking down right then upon hearing that.

 

"Pinku Pinku and Garfield." Sehun began cackling.

 

He wasn't expecting the name of his plushies instead. What the--?!

 

"I'm being serious!"

 

"Me too." Is that true, though? Luhan heard about Sehun starting a family two years ago with his girlfriend. Miyoung. From what Sehun had just said, though, it was different. He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

 

"Aren't you married?"

 

"When?" Was this guy serious? He couldn't even remember his wedding!

 

"Wasn't it like... two years ago?" Luhan acted like he was thinking when he clearly remembered the exact date, no matter how hard he tried to forget it.

 

"It didn't happen," Sehun replied, his tone going sharp.

 

Luhan tried not to be a busybody but he couldn't help asking why.

 

"It's the past. It isn't necessary to know." Sehun's voice dropped a few octaves, barely above a whisper.

 

"So now..?" Luhan didn't finish the sentence. Sehun was smart enough to know what he was questioning about.

 

"I'm waiting for you." 

 

Luhan nearly had a heart attack. It was enough that his love was rejected before. Enough is enough! Moreover, Luhan was going to get engaged soon (Luhan was sure that he can't back off now because his mum told him that they've finished the preparation for the engagement party, from the venue to the outfit to the food testing). It was entirely wrong to have feelings for someone else.

 

"Why are you even waiting for me?" Luhan asked desperately.

 

"Because you're waiting for me."

 

No! Stop this! Why is he bringing up the past? Luhan didn't want Sehun to think he still had feelings for him.

 

"Why so sudden? When did I ever wait for you? I'm going to be engaged soon. I'll tell you when we confirm the date. Make sure to come, Sehun-ah!" Luhan's voice was full of enthusiasm, trying to disguise his true emotions.

 

"Ah, I'm happy for you. I believe it's a groom? He must be as good looking as me."

 

"No comment."

 

"Let's meet up later. Sorry for disturbing your precious sleep." And with that, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter