Beads

I Told You Not To Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIS IS LIKE RAW RAW CAUSE I POSTED THIS IMMEDIATELY AFTER FINISHED TYPING— will proofread tomorrow so proceed at your own caution, there's some terrible writing down here;;;

 

 

Miyoung stands in front of him, slightly towering over him in her heels and her eyes fuming with obvious anger. 

 

“How could you do this to me and Sehun?!” Miyoung shrieks, shooting him a menacing glare. 

 

Luhan stays rooted on the spot, face as pale as a paper. What shall he call this lady in front of him? Clara or Miyoung?

 

But what matters is that she has probably heard his whole conversation with Minseok, judging by her beet red face, it was clear that she has misunderstood his intention. 

 

"Let me explain!" he crooks, as soft as possible to not bring more attention but at this moment, he knows everyone's eyes are clearly trained on them and he cannot feel any more embarrassed.

 

"You need to explain nothing! I cannot believe that you're this type of person— pretending to have amnesia just to beg for Sehun's sympathy? Wow, you're disgusting, Luhan!" Miyoung explodes. "I've lost everything, Luhan. My family, wealth, friends and now you're trying to take away Sehun from me? Just how cruel can you get, are you even human?! I honestly thought that you are a good person, Luhan. I guess it was too early to judge, huh?" she sneers before her emotion changes in a second, weeping, "Why are you taking him away from me?"

 

"I have never taken him away from anyone."

 

"Then, why are you doing this? You're purposely trying to separate me from Sehun, aren't you?" she shoots another accusation, one after another without stopping. 


"No! Absolutely not! What do I gain from that, Miyoung?"

 

"Because you are in love with him and you want to keep him for yourself!" Now, long gone her shame, she does not care how childish she sounds.

 

"I am in love with him, yes, I won't deny that. And it's also crystal clear on how I love him more than you do! Yes, I do want to keep him for myself! But do you want to know something, Miyoung? It's the fact that he is in love with you! I can't force him to love me," he chuckles agonisingly, just how much sadder can his life get? "Ever since you left him, do you think he'd bat an eyelash to anyone who confesses to him? He won't even let anyone near him because of what? You. You broke him, Miyoung."

 

Miyoung blinks and tries to interrupt, "I—" 

 

"No, just let me talk first, okay." he intercepts, "Look, you broke him, but look at him. He still loves you, doesn't he? I would call him a fool but it's not like I'm any better. I'm doing this all for you two, trust me. He's yours and I'm aware." he finishes off with a long sigh.

 

"Then why do keep pretending to lose your memory? How much more attention do you need from him? Should I just tell him that you've been lying all this time?" Miyoung asks wearily, the tears seem to never stop flowing down her cheeks.

 

Truth be told, Luhan has not once thought of pretending just to grab Sehun's attention. It was all for both of them, no matter how stupid that might sound.

 

"I have my own reasons, Miyoung. You don't need to tell him anything because I want him to see it with his own eyes on how I've been lying all this time. He'll come back to you after that, I can promise you on that." Luhan wipes the blood trickling down the side of his lips with the back of his hand, grimacing at the crimson red colour.

 

"What do you mean?" she asks, no longer sobbing.

 

Luhan contemplates what to do. Now that he is completely busted, how should he portray himself as a selfish person who just wants all of Sehun's undivided attention? Now his goal is to make sure that Sehun reacts the same way as Miyoung did, even better with more hatred and rage.

 

"Hey, Luhan. What happened to you? Why are your lips bleeding?" Minseok gasps, his face morphing into pure horror— he is never good with blood.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan is lost in his thought when his phone rang, its shrill ring tone penetrating through the silent evening park. He does not have to fish it out from his pocket to know that it is his spouse. His intention to pick up the call is close to none, especially after that little skit with Miyoung just now. He feels empty.

 

After 15 minutes of watching the cars pass by, he drags himself home. He sure does not care about what Sehun thinks but he knows that his parents might be worried. His legs feel so heavy, it was as if there was a bag of stone tied around each of his ankles. He doesn't want to admit it, but it is scary to imagine that maybe tomorrow Sehun will hate him for life. Perhaps his family might also disown him for being so foolish. 

 

He silently pleads to God that every single effort that he has done will pay off and that he will finally find the closure that he's been looking for.

 

Big drops of rain start pouring down suddenly— as if the sky knows of the agony that he's going through. The rain starts pouring down harder but Luhan has no intention of moving away, letting the cold droplets of rain soak his oversized hoodie.

 

Luhan spots a puddle a foot away from him and as if getting pulled by an unknown force, he sits down by the road, just watching the heaps of droplets forming into a bigger puddle. Perhaps he should be like a puddle, although thousands of droplets fill the puddle, it is still there, swallowing up more rain and becoming a bigger puddle— he should become a bigger person too.

 

All of sudden he is shielded from the rain, an umbrella above his head. He almost snaps at the kind soul before pursing his lips when a familiar smell of cologne wafts its way through his nose. 

 

"What are you doing out here in the rain?" the figure says as he extends out his right hand, his left gripping tight on the umbrella. Sehun looks down on him with a worried frown.

 

Luhan stares at the extended hand longingly. If he accepts it, that means he's still hoping and would still not let go of Sehun, and if he doesn't, that means he was ready to end everything between them. 

 

He wants to accept it but something flashes by his eyes, the sight of Miyoung bawling her eyes out earlier prevented him from doing so, the tears of a lover longing to whisk her boyfriend away to start a new life.

 

In the end, Luhan gets up by himself, leaving the hand untended. Without a word, Luhan continues his walk home. What difference would it make if he stood under the umbrella, he technically was soaking wet from head to toe.

 

Sehun runs after his spouse, shading him from the rain. "Lu, are you okay?" 

 

Luhan keeps mum. He could feel the warmth emitting from the taller, they were standing so closely under the umbrella. How romantic would it look if they were like other normal couples?

 

"Hey, why aren't you answering my calls? Didn't I tell you to call me every half an hour? Look, you even come home late. What's wrong with you?" the cardiologist asks, even if Luhan was ignoring his questions earlier.

 

"Luhan, I'm talking to you!" he growls as his patience thins. Sehun threw the umbrella away and grips both sides of the smaller's waist. "Hey, what's wrong? Tell me, are you okay?" he coaxes, lowering his eyes to meet Luhan's eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh my, why are you so pale, Luhan?" his mother exclaims as she scoots closer to place her palm on her only child's forehead. "You're running a fever! Wait, I'll call Sehun." 

 

Luhan captures her wrist, shaking his head furiously. Not after that little incident.

 

"Yangmi, where did you put the meds?" his father suddenly barges in the room.

 

"Why, are you sick?"

 

"Not me, it's our son in law... He caught a fever," he explains briefly.

 

Luhan widens his eyes, startled at the information. The feeling of guilt slowly creeps up his heart, it was obviously his fault.

 

Mrs Lu raises her brow, "Sehun caught a cold? Well, Luhan did too."

 

"Oh, what a coincidence!" Mr Lu laughs heartily, "This is what they call, what was the terms the youngsters always use, soulmate? You guys are truly soulmate."

 

Luhan pays his father no heed, oh if only he knew. "Sehun— where is he, father?"

 

His father tells him that the taller is resting on the sofa downstairs as he did not want to disturb Luhan in his room. There goes Luhan's increasing guilt.

 

He couldn't help but wonder how Sehun was doing. Was he alright? No wonder the latter did not step a foot inside his room, he honestly thought it was because the latter was mad at him for ignoring him earlier. What should he do now?

 

His parents left for the kitchen afterwards and Luhan took the opportunity to tip-toe out of the room, stepping down the stairs without a sound to take a peek at his husband. Sehun is seen lying down with his hand covering his face, although the distance between them is quite far, undeniably, Luhan can see his lone figure shivering in the air-conditioned living room.

 

Luhan hates that he still cares so much of the taller. He hates how much he wants to actually drag his feet closer to his husband, to tend him, to care for him.

 

He snaps out of his reverie when he hears the voices of his parents talking gradually getting louder as they step out of the kitchen, a maid trailing behind them with a mug of water and fruits for the young master and his husband. He dashes upstairs without looking back and cocoons himself into the thick comfort of his blanket.

 

He hears the door being pushed open and rises from his bed, thinking that it was probably the maid bringing him the medicines but he is left standing rooted in his spot, confused as he eyes the tall figure by the door.

 

The taller carefully places a cup of warm water and a bottle of paracetamol on the coffee table, "You don't have to get up, Lu. Let me just check up on you, you can rest after."

 

Luhan's eyes cannot move away from Sehun's dimly lit face, the tiny drops of sweat gathering on his forehead an obvious sign of his apparent fever. He watches quietly as the taller checks on his temperature, willingly opening his mouth without resistance. 

 

It was enough that his husband fell sick because of him, now the doctor has to check on him too? 

 

"Sehun-ssi...," he calls softly, "You don't have to this, you know... Aren't you sick too?" 

 

The corner of Sehun's lips twitches before forming into a grin, "Always the one to care about me, aren't you, Luhan?" 

 

Just like that, Luhan is rendered speechless.

 

"You're burning hot, idiot." Sehun furrows his eyebrows as he reads the temperature, "Take two of these, okay?"

 

Luhan takes the bottle of paracetamol without a word, nodding. He hasn't eaten anything for the past hours, but Sehun doesn't need to know that.

 

The universe seems to conspire against him when his stomach grumbles so loudly that Luhan was convinced he could feel his whole bed shaking. 

 

"—wait, have you eaten?" Sehun questions. He sighs when the smaller reluctantly shakes his head. "Do you want porridge? I can make you some."

 

"You don't have too, I don't have an appetite," he brushes off quickly.

 

"You don't have to worry about me, Lu, really. I'm a doctor. What's the use of you having me as your spouse if you have to go to another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter