Waterlily

I Told You Not To Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 23[/CONTENTID1]
  
[CONTENTID2]Betrayal hurts ten times more when the one who betrayed you is the one you thought the least of doing so[/CONTENTID2]
 
[CONTENTID3]  "Sehun... Please forgive me. I still love you." The girl continued pleading, eyes glossy and lips trembling.

 

Clara Kim. 

 

It was you all along.

 

I never knew.

 

Despite sporting a look of disbelief, Luhan could slowly feel Sehun's grip on his hand loosening, letting his hands fell limp against his side. 

 

At that moment, Luhan realised he wasn't needed anymore. They'd reached the end of their relationship.

 

He took a step backwards and turned around, unable to look anymore as tears started building up in his dark brown eyes. His heart felt like it was on fire, clenching so powerfully that it just might break. He wanted to scream and let it all out. What was he supposed to do? Started clapping at the reunion between the two lovers or sprint away from them?

 

"Good evening." A voice that Luhan was very accustomed to suddenly piped up from the entrance.

 

Luhan pulled his head up and met Kai's gaze, who gave him a small smile of acknowledgement. And once again Luhan was taken by surprise.

 

What is he doing here?

 

What was actually happening? Luhan found himself asking. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone was gathered in the spacious living room and Luhan was helping his mother-in-law pour drinks by the coffee table. Mrs. Oh then took her seat beside Clara. Wait, Clara or Miyoung? Argh...! Whatever! It made no difference because, in the end, that face is the one that Sehun loved most.

 

Luhan kept his head low while he distributed the coffee, eyes refusing to meet anybody's gaze and hands trembling. He was about to get up and walk away so they could have some privacy -- he wasn't sure he was needed anymore.

 

"Luhan, sit." Mr. Oh commanded.

 

Luhan halted his steps and was left with no choice but to take the seat to the right of Mrs. Oh, fidgeting as his eyes accidentally met hers. He couldn't stop himself from asking why Kai was here too. What was the actual relationship between the Ohs and him? Do they know each other?

 

"I hope everything can be cleared up today." His father-in-law eventually broke the deafening silence.

 

"I also hope so, sir. That's the reason why I'm here." Kai said as he clasped his hands together, face so serious that Luhan was growing more and more curious by the second.

 

"Please continue, Kai-ssi." Mr. Oh signalled for the bronze-skinned boy to continue.

 

Luhan sat there listening attentively to each word. He wanted to know what he had been missing all t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter