Narcissus

I Told You Not To Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 14 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]I feel so dumb thinking about you all the time when I know you're not thinking of me at all [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] Ending up only as a friend for the one you love was harder than Luhan thought it would be. The facade of fake smiles that Luhan put on was nothing -- in order to make Sehun happy, even the impossible seemed possible.

 

Even the most oblivious person could notice how different Sehun was compared to before. He began to smile at Luhan and that was enough for Luhan to force a smile back. All that was important was that Sehun needed to keep on acting like that -- it motivated Luhan to find where Miyoung was and bring her back to Sehun.

 

His classes were starting soon so Luhan made the choice to meet his mother-in-law to talk about something important. Luhan already knew that Mrs. Oh would probably disagree with him but nothing else could stop Luhan now. He would even beg if it meant her joining his "mission".

 

"Luhan, were you waiting for long? The traffic was terrible."

 

"No, I haven't, mum. Please take a seat." He offered politely while pulling out the chair for her.

 

It was great that she came alone. Luhan doesn't want his father-in-law to involve himself with whatever he was planning to do. Besides, Mr. Oh was a close friend of his own father and, as bad as it sounds, Luhan couldn't trust Sehun's father to keep a secret. It was too risky. 

 

And Mrs. Oh was the only one who actually got the hint of what was really going on in their marriage. She would understand more -- she should understand more than anybody else.

 

"What would you like to order? I 've heard a lot of good things about the pasta here. Would you like to try some, mum?" Luhan suggested kindly as he flipped through the menu, eyes going back and forth between the listed dishes.

 

"It's okay, sweetie. A cup of coffee is enough. I'm in a hurry, I'm worried about your father-in-law at home since he's all alone." She gave what seemed to be an obvious excuse. Luhan had the feeling that she was purposely doing that too quickly start their talk.

 

Once the orders were placed, Luhan dismissed the waiter and turned to face Mrs. Oh with his hands clasped tightly.

 

"You said there was an important thing that you wanted to talk about? What is it, sweetie?" As expected, Mrs. Oh quickly got to the point, obviously not trying to drag their meeting out any longer.

 

"I want to talk about Sehun."

 

"Is there something wrong with Sehun?" She asked curiously.

 

"I want you to help me."

 

"What kind of help, Luhan?" She retorted, an uneasy expression forming on her youthful face.

 

"If possible... I want you to help me to find Miyoung." It was as if she was rendered speechless, only responding by blinking her eyes rapidly. She stared at Luhan as if he had just grown another head.

 

"I really don't get you. Why are you doing this? For who? Sehun? That's absurd! You're Sehun's spouse now, why are you bringing her up again? Sweetie, believe me, she isn't a part of Sehun's life anymore" She finally gave her responded -- it didn't take an expert to know she wasn't pleased about his request.

 

"My love for Sehun never once faded. I've always been in love with him... I don't think I can love anyone else except for Sehun. But the point is that Sehun doesn't need to and won't return my love. He can't force himself to love me. I don't have any right to stop his feelings for Miyoung, mum. What I can do is make him happy and that means I need to bring Miyoung back because she makes him the happiest. I will try my hardest to make him happy again, mum." Luhan spoke bluntly.

 

"Isn't it the same for you, mum? He's your only son, the son that you raised so well. Wouldn't it be a great pleasure to see the best for him, to make him happy? I'm sorry if you got the wrong idea of why I'm doing this." Luhan bit his lower lip as he gave her a hopeful gaze.

 

"You're making me guilty, honey. As a mum, of course I want the best for my child but I also want the best for you, Luhan." 

 

"The best for me is also the best for Sehun." 

 

Mrs. Oh kept her head down for a while, complementing whether or not to agree to her son-in-law's crazy idea.

 

"I have no idea where Miyoung might be but I can give you the number of Sehun's close friend. Maybe you can gather the information that you want from him."

 

Mrs. Oh's relenting made him sigh in relief. He smiled sincerely, grabbing her hands in gratitude. "Thank you so much, mum."

 

"I'm the one that should be thanking you, son. You've sacrificed so much for Sehun." She said, her voice laced with a tone that Luhan couldn't grasp -- was it sympathy?

 

"No! I'm not sacrificing anything for him. I just did what feels right to do."

 

 

_

 

 

On the first day of class, Luhan received lots of cooing and teasing from his classmates. One of his hardcore admirers even lunged forward as soon as he stepped into the hall to see his wedding ring, to make sure that the flower boy was indeed married to someone else. He gave them all a smile as if he was wasn't fazed by the attention but actually feeling quite uncomfortable. His anxiety finally fell when the lecturer walked in and the crowd dispersed.

 

Kai seemed not to talk much to him anymore. Was he still mad about what happened at the wedding? 

 

"Kai, can I ask you something?" Luhan blurted out when they both sat down on the green grass. They had decided to spend their time reviewing as the final exam was getting near. 

 

"Erm... what?" Kai replied, hesitating.

 

"Are you mad at me?"

 

"Why should I be?"

 

"I don't know. You're acting quite unusual today. It's like you're mad at me or something. Did I do something wrong?" The questions seemed to spill out of him.

 

"Do I look like I'm mad?" Kai replied smugly, although his expression was unmoved.

 

"Yeah, it's a tad bit obvious that you're mad at me," Luhan answered honestly and rolled his eyes.

 

"Congrats, Luhan! You passed with flying colours!" Kai grinned slyly as he clapped his hands.

 

"Huh?" Luhan scratched hair, oblivious to what was actually happening. Why was Kai laughing like a mad man?

 

"You passed my test! I thought you wouldn't care about me anymore once you get married." Kai pouted jokingly.

 

"What are you talking about? Do you think I'm that type of friend?" To be honest, Luhan wasn't joking -- he was slightly offended.

 

"Ah... Ah ah!" The sunkissed boy began to panic. "Don't make that face! That's my weakness! Luhan, you know I was just joking, right? I know that you're not like that."

 

Luhan's eye twitched, trying to contain his laughter but finally burst out laughing when Kai looked like he was about to cry. Sweet, sweet revenge he got there. "Well, aren't you a scaredy cat? Don't give me this kind of stupid test again, okay? Do I make myself clear?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter