Marigold

I Told You Not To Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 13[/CONTENTID1] [CONTENTID2]Waiting for you is like waiting for rain in a drought – useless and disappointing.[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] As the morning sun made its appearance, Luhan crept out of his room and stood awkwardly in the hallway, debating whether to be a good husband and prepare breakfast or to make a dash towards the kitchen, snatch some food, and lock himself up again. He opted for the latter.

 

He entered the kitchen and the bright neon note stuck onto the refrigerator's door immediately caught his attention.

 

Work!

 

The words brought a sour feeling to Luhan's heart. It was too damn obvious that he meant nothing to the doctor. Was it really that hard for Sehun to tell him that he had started working again? Was it that hard to personally tell him that he was leaving Luhan alone? Was Luhan so unwanted that his own husband refused to face him? 

 

Not even a single 'take care' was written -- Luhan crumpled the note into a ball and tossed it out of his sight. He couldn't care less where it landed. 

 

A sudden idea came to mind and Luhan nodded vigorously as he smiled brightly -- he knew the perfect way to prove himself to Sehun!

 

 

_

 

 

Three days without the existence of Sehun was enough for Luhan to start on his hidden agenda. He knew perfectly well that Sehun was bound to get mad at whatever he was planning to do but he couldn't care less. Sehun told him to make an effort and that was what Luhan was excitedly planning to do.

 

It sounded so stupid but Luhan secretly yearned for a phone call from Sehun but three days without a single ring were enough to make Luhan stop hoping -- why did he even bother?

 

The enormous penthouse somehow felt bigger without any trace of Sehun. Luhan wondered if he should get used to the eerie silence that had accompanied him for the last few days. 

 

His act as the devoted husband always ended at midnight. Every day he would sit obediently on the couch, a cup of hot chocolate in his hand as the other constantly flipped television channels -- nothing was interesting enough to watch so when the clock struck midnight, Luhan would switch off the television and get ready for bed.

 

"Where is he? Is he alright?" Luhan anxiously grumbled when there was no sign of his husband. It was the third night so Luhan was starting to get worried. What if something happened to Sehun? As much as he disliked the attitude that Sehun often treated him with, Luhan would lie if he said he didn't care about his husband.

 

His steps came to a halt on the last flight of stairs when Luhan heard the code being punched and a slow beep. Luhan changed his direction and headed downstairs. The door opened widely to reveal a tired looking Sehun and he shrugged off his backpack, dropping on the marble floor with a soft thud as soon as he stepped inside.

 

Luhan put on a real smile as he was finally relieved that Sehun came back in one piece. Luhan had no idea where the sudden confidence came from when he softly tugged on Sehun's arm to bring him to the couch but to no avail -- Sehun wouldn't even budge an inch. He stood there, stunned by the sudden change to the color of the penthouse walls  that Luhan painted into a nice shade of pearl white. Even the furniture were arranged differently.

 

Truth be told, Luhan purposely did it to make Sehun realise that his love wouldn't change -- he needed to get rid of the reminders of Miyoung.

 

"Luhan, what the hell did you do?" 

 

"I only did what you asked me to do."

 

"I'm asking you, what the did you do?!" Sehun yelled, his hands furiously shaking Luhan's tiny shoulders. Luhan's eyes grew red as they glistened with unshed tears. Guilt began to creep over himself -- of course, Sehun had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter