Xyris

I Told You Not To Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 24[/CONTENTID1]


[CONTENTID2]if it doesn't break your heart, it isn't love[/CONTENTID2]


[CONTENTID3]

 

 

His whole body was screaming in pain as soon as he regained conscious. He opened his eyes and stared at the white ceiling before gazing around the hospital room, seeing nobody around him.

 

Luhan lifted his hands weakly and touched his bandage-wrapped head, wincing when he accidentally put pressure on it. He arched his back and sat up straight, fighting the throbbing pain in his skull.

 

As he questioned who was kind-hearted enough to bring him to the hospital and how long had he been knocked out, he got out of bed. Luhan's body no longer ached badly except for some dull pain. It wasn't badly injured, unlike his head, which felt heavy with all the bandages wrapped around them. His right hand was also adorned with some bandages and his feet only had little scratches. Other than that, he was free from injury.

 

He took baby steps towards the mahogany door (confirming this had to be a private hospital room) and once again wondered who was kind enough to land him in such an expensive suite.

 

With the door as a barrier, his ears caught hushed whispers outside the room. Putting his hands on the doorframe for a support, he slightly pushed the door open, still not budging from his decision to escape the suffocating room.

 

"Why do you care about him so much? It's not your fault that he ended up here!"

 

That familiar hiss made him halt, retracting his hands from the door until it closed again with a soft click. Isn't that Miyoung's voice? She must have been talking to Sehun outside. It was wrong to eavesdrop and yet he was completely aware of what he was doing as he inched closer and put his ear to the door. Are they talking about me? It's not wrong to listen... right?

 

"Miyoung, please. This is not a suitable time for us to fight. I just don't want anything to happen to Luhan. I've done so many wrongs things to him. I feel so guilty."

 

"All of this wouldn't have happened if you didn't marry him!"

 

"Oh, it's so easy for you to blame me. It's because of you that I married him! You gave me no choice! If you didn't back out from your promises, all of this wouldn't have happened either!"

 

Deeming that was enough for the day, Luhan stepped backwards and distanced himself from the door. He didn't want to hear another word; it felt like his heart had been brutally stepped on with each whisper.

 

He was exhausted beyond words, tired of everything.

 

Luhan lied down on the bed, making himself comfortable before he drowned in his never-ending thoughts and possibilities. Thinking so hard made his head begin to throb once more. To ease the pain, he kept his eyes shut tight and breathed in heavily, calming down before coming back to his senses.

 

He had succeeded in making Sehun and Miyoung face each other again -- not that it was really his own effort because Miyoung came back by herself all this time and he was just a fool who hadn't noticed. There was only one more thing for him to sort out before everything finally fell back into place.

 

From what he heard, it was clear that Sehun had stayed by his side due to guilt. How could he get rid of Sehun's guilt towards him? How could he make his husband stop pitying him and go back to Miyoung's side? As long as Sehun blamed himself for what happened, Luhan knew that Sehun wouldn't easily go back to her.

 

Suddenly, his eyes lit up as an idea crossed his mind and, with that, he set a new goal: make Oh Sehun stop viewing him with such pity.

 

He heard the creaking sound of the door being pushed open and he instantly shut his eyes. Voices he'd known his whole life were mixed with new ones, whispering all around him. He could hear their conversation going on and on about his condition. It all sounded so loud even though they kept their voices quite low.

 

He felt a tight grip on his hand, knowing it was his mother from the warmth of her skin. Amidst all the noise, he also heard Sehun's monotone voice telling his mother and in-laws to keep being patient, that Luhan would surely wake up soon.

 

Twitching his fingers slowly, he gave them a hint that he was finally waking up. He could hear his mother excitedly calling for everybody as he opened his eyes slowly, gaze fixed on the white ceiling.

 

Luhan heard his name being called by each of them repeatedly. He inspected each of their faces with a blank stare, staring mindlessly. His in-laws and parents smiled brightly except for Sehun. He wasn't surprised -- it was fine though. He wouldn't be able to look at Sehun's smile anymore in the future so it was good to get used to it.

 

"Where am I? Who are you people?" Luhan said, a frown obvious on his face. Sehun wasn't the only one who could act now; make way for Luhan.

 

"Luhan... It's me, your mother. Don't you remember me, sweetie?" 

 

"Mother?" Luhan kept a steady act and frowned again, shaking his head lightly. He had nearly given up acting when he saw his mother's crestfallen face, how devastated she looked when her own son hadn't recognised her. 

 

Mrs. Oh quickly moved to her side and pulled her into a hug, whispering soothing words.

 

"Who are you people?!" Luhan yelled sternly, forcing himself not to drop the act by looking at the tears rolling down his mother's cheeks. He had never felt so bad -- so sinful and so guilty. 

 

"Luhan, look at me, son. Don't you recognise your father too?"

 

Luhan shook his head again. I'm sorry, mum! I'm sorry, dad!  He yelled internally.

 

Life needed sacrifices and he was willing to do that. After all of this time giving everything up to make his spouse happy, what was left for him? The never-ending despair? The longing?

 

"Sehun, what's wrong with your husband? Fix him now!" Mr. Lu told his son-in-law who had been stone-faced at the end of the bed, face void of emotion when Luhan gave him a glance as he continued to watch the rest of the visitors panic.

 

Sehun abruptly left the room and Luhan, without noticing, sighed in relief for the first time since he started this facade. Just go. He didn't need more sympathy from the doctor.

 

What to do now?

 

Make Oh Sehun hate him, despise him until he could no longer stand seeing Luhan's ugly face.

 

Until all the guilt are washed away and he could go back to that ex-girlfriend of his without a hint of guilt, peaceful and happy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The doctor that was in charge of him informed the family members that Luhan might be experiencing temporary amnesia. He said there might be some factors for his amnesia -- it could be from the harsh colliding of his head against something hard during his accident, impacting the part of his brain that controlled his memory and emotions.

 

However, the doctor did tell them they would be continuing check-ups to get a better read on his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter