Everlasting

I Told You Not To Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 5 [/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]It’s funny how a person can break your heart, and you can still love them with all the little pieces.​[/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

 

The wedding that was supposed to be held at the end of the year was delayed by the request of Oh Sehun himself.

 

Luhan wasn't sure when the next chosen date for their wedding was. Although he was quite surprised by the sudden request at, he still accepted it whole-heartedly. Sehun said he wasn't ready for the responsibility of starting a marriage yet bit Luhan knew it wasn't the real reason why their wedding was delayed. Luhan tried understanding Sehun's position for the umpteenth time; maybe Sehun really did have a few rational reasons for cancelling the wedding.

 

"I hope you can understand my situation..." Sehun said without giving his fiance a single glance, a hint of guilt in his voice. He continued walking a few steps ahead of Luhan.  Bless his long legs.

 

"Oh... It's okay! I may not know the real reason but I understand you." Luhan replied sincerely.

 

Sehun's mouth twitched slightly, wanting to smile before he abruptly stopped the act out of nowhere. "So, what do you want?"

 

Luhan stopped walking, tilted his head to the side and looking a little bit too adorable for Sehun's liking. "What do you mean?"

 

"Starting from today, if either of us make any mistakes, we need to give the innocent one a chance to ask for anything or make a wish, as a way of apologising."

 

"So... is there anything that you wished for?" Sehun added.

 

Luhan faked an action of scratching his chin for a while before bouncing up and down, excited to tell Sehun his request. 

 

"I want you..." He pointed to Sehun, "...to fill your whole room with my picture." Luhan gave him a sly grin, satisfied with his choice of a wish.

 

Sehun looked so dumbfounded by the sudden request, jaw falling open in shock.

 

Upon seeing Sehun's expression, Luhan started laughing maniacally. Once he decided he'd enough of a good laugh, he added, "I got you! I'm just kidding." 

 

Sehun was about to get mad but he didn't have the heart; Luhan looked so genuinely happy. "I wasn't. Luhan, stop playing around."

 

Well, that shut Luhan up.

 

Luhan scratched his nape, unsure of what to answer. After what seemed like half an hour - really 10 minutes- he finally came to a conclusion and clasped his hands tightly. "Okay, I want you... to sing me a song! Can you?"

 

Luhan made his trademark puppy eyes and Sehun was this close to agreeing.

 

"Look at you. Stop asking for weird things." He said as he clicked on the car's remote control. Luhan hurriedly entered the car because if Oh Sehun happened to leave him there, he would not turn back to fetch him, telling Luhan to get a cab instead. Believe me; it happened once. 

 

Luhan wasn't entirely mad at the thought of Sehun leaving him there. He wanted to shop for more clothes and he was in one of his Luhan-wants-to-buy-this-because-it-is-pretty-even-though-it-wasn't-in-his-list moods. They'd been at the mall shopping for wedding goods for merely an hour but apparently Sehun got an emergency call from the hospital, forcing him to head back as soon as possible.

 

"What? That's not even weird." Luhan argued, pulling his seatbelt on.

 

"I'm giving you a chance until tomorrow or else say goodbye to your chance. Ask for something relevant this time, okay?"

 

"That's not even fair! You said I could ask for anything." He whined as he crossed his arms, clearly unsatisfied with what he heard. 

 

"As I said, only relevant wishes will be granted. Take note." Sehun's lips formed a small grin. He started the engine and drove out of the parking lot.

 

Luhan smiled to himself as well. At least today he was able to get Sehun to smile.

 

_

 

 

Luhan hung up as soon as he heard the beeping sound again. The same voice greeted him, the same woman's voice that he heard every time he called Sehun.

 

Luhan was tired of the woman's same that continued to greet him. He called to speak to Sehun, not to hear some operator's voice saying the same thing with its dull voice.

 

He tried his luck again; he wasn't entirely hoping he would succeed this time too.

 

After a few seconds, he squealed in happiness as the doctor's voice greeted him.

 

They talked for some time. Luhan was happy when he got the permission from Sehun to call at least once a week. Sehun chose Wednesday at 10 in the evening as the time for Luhan to contact him. Even though it sounded like quite a weird time, Luhan was still grateful. Sehun said he wasn't fond of talking on the phone, which might be the reason he rarely calls Luhan.

 

Luhan closed his eyes, drowning in euphoria as Sehun filled his mind. Sehun was always on his mind nowadays, probably because of Luhan's love that grew deeper and deeper for him each day. 

 

The sound of the door code being pressed shook him from his dream and Baekhyun came in with a stack of papers, probably his designs of dress that needed to be sent in tomorrow. Luhan himself had witnessed how the diva turned into an entirely different person. It was a norm for a student like them. They were finally going to graduate in a few months, suffering for a while wouldn't hurt.

 

Luhan stood up from the sofa and helped Baekhyun with his papers before he went to the kitchen and came back with orange juice for the exhausted looking Baekhyun. Luhan eyed his best friend, who was going to move in with his parents soon because of some family problems. He had been going back and forth from Gyeonggi-do to Seoul for a week now.

 

As unbelievable as it might sound, Baekhyun didn't have a driver's licence. He was always dead-tired by the evening from riding the train each day. He still could take a taxi but Baekhyun wasn't the type to spend his money like that. Although he came from a well-off family, he wasn't the type to waste his money except on eyeliner because eyeliner is life.

 

Luhan did help him once or twice but Luhan had his own problem to deal with. That left Baekhyun in no choice but to move in with his parents. Luhan couldn't help but wail like a baby. Who is he going to share his problems with then? Who was Luhan going to have the girls boys talk with? Who's going to smack him in the head if he does something stupid Luhan wasn't entirely happy with this but it up, big boy.

 

"Baek... Do you need to move?" Luhan was at it again. He hugged the eyeliner-obsessed boy tightly, clinging to him like a baby koala.

 

"Babe, I'm just moving in with my parents. You know them, just come whenever you want if you're not busy with your husband."

 

Luhan blushed upon hearing the word husband. "Is that sarcasm? Best friend and husband is a different thing." 

 

God, it feels so right to call him husband. My husband. He thought, a dreamy smile hanging off his mouth. 

 

"Pssh, right... How's it going with that jerk?" Baekhyun's face came in contact with a harshly thrown pillow. 

 

"Don't call Sehun a jerk! He isn't one!"

 

"Okay, big boy. You are so whipped." He said along the gru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter