Hibiscus

I Told You Not To Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 8 [/CONTENTID1] [CONTENTID2]Why do I feel so far away from you even though you are sitting right next to me? [/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

 

Luhan kept rolling around on his bed, lying around since he didn't have any class that day. Thank goodness for that. The thought of going to class with his nasty bloodshot eyes wasn't really appealing to Luhan so he opted to just stay in bed and do nothing. It was 11 am by the time he woke up. Clara would've probably gone to work by then, although Luhan had no idea what her job was.

 

It was impossible for him to just forget the night before -- his heart was badly hurt. 

 

Realising that moping in bed wouldn't do any good and would only drain his already not-so-high energy, he hopped out of bed and went to his study table in his pyjamas, not bothering to take a shower. A long hot bath sounded great to free up his tangled thoughts but perhaps that'd be later. Luhan had some messages to check first and some new assignments to finish

 

Luhan finished typing out his assignment half an hour later. Pretty fast, huh? Afterwards, he took his time replying to some messages from Baekhyun, who asked how the party went.

 

Suddenly remembering the note he took the night before , he scampered off the chair and searched for the jeans he wore yesterday.

 

Once he spotted the piece of paper, he immediately entered the email address and the password. It was wrong -- he knew what he was doing was wrong. He shouldn't invade someone's privacy but his curiosity was stronger than his feeling of guilt. Before he knew it, the browser had already loaded and he wasn't able to turn back now (not that he wanted).

 

He scrolled through the emails one by one but there wasn't anything recent. He clicked the inbox afterwards, looking at the account information. Miyoung! Was Luhan ready to know the truth? Luhan knew it was going to hurt, already preparing himself to be strong.

 

Three hours passed by and Luhan was a crying mess. He knew he shouldn't have checked it.

 

What was going to happen to his relationship with Sehun?

 

 

_

 

 

Luhan stayed in bed for the whole day, head buried in his pillow, calls and messages left unanswered. They were mostly from Kai and Baekhyun, which made Luhan feel bad but he truly had no energy to respond now.

 

It hurts.

 

It hurt more reading the romantic moments between the 'couple' himself.

 

Luhan wanted to know Miyoung; he wanted to know what she looked like, her personality, and most importantly how and what made Sehun fall for her? What made Luhan any lesser than her?

 

Luhan let out a miserable chuckle. He didn't even have the chance to know the woman that Sehun loved until now. The woman that took his happiness, his Sehun. Luhan wanted to be selfish. Sehun was his. Sehun was his fiance. Couldn't he have a bit of Sehun's love too?

 

He head started to feel heavy, his whole body going numb. A migraine was coming on again. He rummaged through his side-table and took out a bottle filled with round white pills. He then grabbed his water bottle and took two pills at once, his throat aching dully. He hardly cared about that -- all he wanted was his migraine to go away.

 

Luhan had no idea when he fell asleep because the next thing he knew, his phone kept blasting APink's "NoNoNo", waiting to be picked up. He no longer felt sleepy upon seeing the caller's ID. Who else could it be? Sehun.

 

He was torn between wanting to pick up the call or ignoring it. Luhan wanted to tell the doctor how much he missed him, how much he longed for his affection. When he remembered the emails earlier, he chose to stifle those feelings.

 

The ringing stopped for a second before starting up again. For now, Luhan didn't want to talk or face Sehun.

 

He wanted to give himself a chance to think wisely about this so-called relationship between them. What's the point of being tied down with the title of 'fiance' when most of the time, it resulted in Luhan being miserable? He thought it was because of Nana but he had no idea that Miyoung was involved as well. Sehun told him he was over her but why was this happening?

 

 

_

 

 

The weekend was spent with Luhan mostly curled up in pain. The migraines continued to appear at random and he had no choice but to take a day off and miss three classes. Clara was nowhere to be found -- she was busy with something Luhan had no idea about. He sometimes thought of asking but it wasn't his business to meddle with her life.

 

He took the chance to visit his parents since the pain didn't seem like it'd go away any time soon. Rather than being knocked out unconscious in his house alone, it would definitely be better if his parents could take care of him.

 

On his way, he went to the clinic that he usually visits and the doctor said the same thing: it was only a migraine.

 

After a few hours, Luhan entered the gate and parked his car, greeting the security guards and gardener with a nod. Thank god a migraine hadn't happened while he was driving. His mother stood at the entrance with her hands stretched out, ready to welcome her one and only son. She gave him a doting smile and greeted him with a peck on the cheek. They made their way inside, Luhan clinging onto his mother's right arm as if his life depended on it. It was just out of habit -- Luhan always got overly clingy when he was sick. Mrs Lu brushed his arm off hers and told Luhan to sit down while she went to the kitchen to get him a glass of water. Luhan only pouted in response and crossed his arms over his chest, wishing his mother wouldn't take so long in the kitchen.

 

When she handed him the water, he downed it quickly, grabbing his mother's arm and resting his head on it. Mrs Lu chuckled at her son's childish behaviour. He had always been clingy, even when Luhan himself said that he was manly. She was his mother so of course she knew him best -- except for the part when Luhan told her about the marriage and she'd told her husband that Luhan agreed to it.

 

"Don't you have classes today, honey?"

 

"The migraines keep coming. I took a sick leave. My head hurts..." Luhan whined, snuggling closer against his mother for comfort. "Where's dad?"

 

"Your d-dad... went out for a drink. L-Luhan honey, are you sure you're fine? Let me get you to your room, okay?" Mrs Lu was stuttering and Luhan sensed that something was definitely off, seeing as she tried to change the subject so quickly.

 

Luhan knew that his mother was lying. She wasn't the type to stutter out of nowhere -- Mrs Lu didn't even know how to lie. Even when she tried, she just ended up stuttering with an uncomfortable expression. Luhan was familiar with all of her quirks; he'd been born from her womb after all!

 

Luhan loosened his grip and sat up straight, looking into his mother's eyes. As expected, she tried to avert her gaze.

 

"Tell me, mum. There's nothing you should hide from me. I deserve the right to know and I promise I won't get mad... now tell me, what's dad up to?" 

 

"Promise me that you won't get mad at your dad. He did this for your own good. You're our only child, we love you so much." She looked at him with a pitiful gaze and Luhan softened -- he couldn't be mad at his mum, no matter what she did. "Your dad went to meet the Ohs. He's asking about your wedding since it's been delayed for so long."

 

Luhan inhaled deeply. Dad was always the one worrying about his marriage. The time when Sehun delayed the wedding, Mr Lu bombarded him with questions as if Luhan was the one asking for the wedding to be delayed. Mr Lu was really determined to have Sehun as his son-in-law. Little did he know that his dream would be crushed.

 

Because Luhan had already made up his mind: he wouldn't continue with this marriage. He would never marry that man named Oh Sehun.

 

Sehun deserved happiness and it clearly wasn't with him. Even if a thousand years passed, Sehun's feelings for him wouldn't change. After all, there's no empty place in Sehun's heart for Luhan to fill.

 

"Mum, if I tell you that I want to cancel my engagement with Sehun, is it fine with you? I'm too tired to wait any longer, I can't handle it." Mrs Lu furrowed her eyebrows, looking upset.

 

"No! I won't agree! By cancelling your engagement, consider it cutting our family's tie!" Luhan's eyes widened, feeling terrified.

 

Mr Lu stood at the entrance, glaring fiercely at him. It was obvious that he'd heard Luhan and his wife talking.

 

"You don't understand my situation!"

 

"You are the one not trying to understand Sehun's situation. He had his own reasons for why he delayed the wedding. Can't you just wait it out, Luhan?"

 

"For an unlogical one?!" Luhan protested. 

 

It was true: Sehun had delayed their wedding simply just to wait for Miyoung to be here in Korea, so she could see it with her own eyes and feel her heart break as she attended the wedding reception.

 

Thinking back about the emails from Sehun, he;d sounded so frustrated and mad when Miyoung had refused to come back to Seoul. Sehun also threatened to marry the person his family had chosen if she wouldn't return.

 

Sehun had also said that the wedding would only happen when Miyoung was back, right in front of her.

 

Was that the reason that Luhan needed to accept from his father? Was that t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter