Chapter 3

JUST FOR TODAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3

 

 On our way back to the dorms  We talked and joked , my spirit was  lifted ,  I felt normal and any worries and sadness was  washed away . TOP-ssi was right ice-cream can help any sorrow. 

 

“Oh I just thought of something!!!” I looked up at him when He stepped in front of me  and walked backwards 

 

“You used to dance! so teach me, I and I don't want to over stress the teachers and the members are always tired”

 

“ You are crazy, I cant teach You“

 

“Yes, You can, I mean just  help me improve , and go over the choreographies with me” He shot me a smile that I'm sure many girls would kill to receive, He looked all hopeful and excited, how can I say no to such a face?

 

“ I don’t know if I can dance , its been more than a year since I stopped”

 

“ You can’t be worst  than I am , if You help me with the hardest part of my day , I’ll help You with yours.”  that made me laugh 

 

“ok geolae” I looked straight in to his eyes and offering him my hand to close off the deal, He took my hand and shook it slightly. his hands were big and strong but his touch was warm and delicate . come to think of it,  We had spent most of the day together everyday  this past week and yet this was the first time We shook hands , the sensation was something I can’t describe. Back home I would greet everyone with a hug and a kiss all the time and if I wasn't  close to the person just  shook hands but in Korea  I hadn't shook anyones hand , I think  that is why shaking his hand felt so different. Yes, that must be why. 

 

He went back to walking beside me. 

 

“ I'm starting the drama tomorrow , and  I wont be able to join the members to the dance practices thats why I'm asking for Your help”

 

“ If You cant join the practices then how will You know the choreographies?”

 

“They will record the lessons and when I have time I will practice them,  the members will  help me when We have time , but still I don't want to burden them, it's not their fault I'm starting a drama” that makes no sense, I mean He would get no instructions!!  But I can tell He really didn't want to bother the other members.  

 

“We will figure it out , don't worry that is why I'm here for” I reassured him with a smile

 

“thank you”  He gave me a bow and a smile

 

“Go in side and sleep, no more smoking please just go straight to bed ok ?”

 

He nodded “You too”

 

“again thank you for the ice-cream”

 

The next day I woke up fresh and well rested, it wasn't that I slept more or anything. I just got a good night’s sleep, having Seunghyun’s company yesterday was a great stress releaser. It was time then to wake up Mr. TOP , and to my surprise it took me less than 15 minutes to get him off bed. That was a record not only for me but anyone who has tried to wake him up in the past, at least that is what Bomi said. He gave me a dashing smile as He made his way to the shower to get ready.

 

“how was it? was it easier for you today?” He asked me as we hoped into the van

 

“ a lot easier, thank you”

 

“ so have you thought how are we going to go about the practices”

“yes I came up wth a plan, the  other members all have practice this week in the morning and in the evening, but  you are called into recording from nine in the morning till ten at night,  so you won’t be able to practice with the members”

 

 “right” 

 

“ Kwangsoo will take care of you on set and I don't have to accompany you since I’ll start giving Spanish lessons to some of the trainees so I will stay behind and attend the practices in the morning and evening , that way when you are done filming you can rush back to the agency so we can practice before heading home”

 

“ it works”

 

“but I heard that you might have to stay at the location over night, since you will be filming outside of Seoul so I'm not sure how to fit in practice if that is to happen, you can’t come all the way to the company ”

 

“you could come and join me there, we could practice on set somewhere”

 

“sounds good”

 

“put your cigarettes in my backpack ,  you cant go on set with them, what if someone notice them ?” I whispered making sure Kwangsoo didn't hear us from the front seat 

 

“please” He whispered  back 

 

“you cant get caught, so hand them over, you can do it once you get back  pbali” I snapped back at him

 

we had to make a quick stop at the agency to retrieve things seunghyun needed for his first day of filming 

 

“everything you will be needing is in the back ,  and text me if there is anything else you guys need ok ? kwangsoo?” kwangsoo nodded as He hopped back in to the van 

 

  “And you, do well and work hard will see you tonight”

 

It was weird to be  without TOP-ssi in the agency. I went directly to the dance studio and found a  place where I would be out of everyones way. I decided that the best way to remember the steps was to record the practices since I couldn't take part of the lesson. 

the choreographies were not my style at all, it was all very hip hop-si but not very hard. it was very hard for the members to practice without TOP or without anyone to fill in his space.  seeing their frustration I decided to volunteer

 

“excuse me , I could fill in his place-I'll have to go over the steps with him later  to day thats why I'm filming. it wouldn't hurt if I learn it, I mean if that doesn't bother you guys”

 

“ Do you dance miss?”

 

“ a little” I lied 

 

“ she cant be worst than TOP” said Ji Young

 

“no one can be” played Daesung 

 

“well, lets give it a try and take it from the beginning everyone ” yelled the instructor  “5 6 7 8” 

 

after that, the practice went very smoothly, they joked and said that I might as well just going Big Bang since I was a good dancer 

 

“ you are a dancer” commented the instructor after the practice was over 

 

“I used to dance , yes”

 

“well I'm glad to have you , maybe you can inject some rhythm into that boy”

that made me laugh 

 

“ thats a hard mission, I don't think I can do that, but I’l help him the best I can”

 

I was excited to start teaching some Spanish to the new trainees, they were all eager to learn and listened well as I told them about me, where I came from and how I learned Korean. We laughed and played little games with the small phrases I taught them, they took turns as they showed me their aegyo while saying “HOLA” “LOS AMO”  and “GRACIAS” . And although their pronunciation was a little off  they did a great job memorizing the phrases. Time went by so fast and  it was time to say bye the kids as  I had to  prepare to practice with TOP-ssi. 

 

“You have got to loosen up , you are too stiff” I told TOP who was laying in the ground panting when we were done with the day’s practice  , He was good in memorizing the routines but the boy was too stiff !!

 

“How about tomorrow we focus more in stretching and take care more of the timing, patterns, Frame, posture and technique . Let's concentrate the lessons to build muscle memory. The sooner you have muscle memory the sooner you can feel conscious or even natural with your movements. It's a stage of dancing, a Part of the process, that every dancer endures. Dance is what you make of it… you bob the head… shake the shoulder… top  the feet… swing the arms gently but essentially you set your own pace… you enjoy the rhythm.”

 

“WOW, your eyes have this spark when you talk about dancing , why did you quit? it's your passion “

 

“I wasn't good enough” I answered as stiff as his dancing , I didn't want to start this conversation. It wasn't  something I could explain to him without telling him of all the mistakes I had made , and I wasn't ready, not while the pain was still there. One day I know I'll be able to talk freely about it but that day is not today. 

 

“ I can see the passion in your eyes,” 

 

“lets focus on you shall we?”  I think He understood I didn't want to talk about it 

 

“Do you really think   stretching and all those things you said will help me be a better dancer?” 

 

“Yeah  you see ; Al Pacino, when He's learning his lines, doesn't even sound like theAl Pacino we know and  love. He is awkward as his brain and body are downloading the lines for the new role. But with concentrated rehearsal the real Al emerges,  same thing with dancing , it takes a process to move out of the awkward stag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter