Chapter 16

JUST FOR TODAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was finally the weekend which meant I could “rest”  I had to work out in the morning and Bomi was coming later today to help me finish setting up my home. I shuffled to the kitchen in my flannel pajamas and the coffee maker, the kitchen was about the only place somehow presentable, it still was missing the barstools but I had been able to equipped it without having to wait for the store to deliver the stuff.  When the coffee was ready I poured it into my favorite mug and went to look out the window to see how the city was slowing getting up .  I was so deep in thought that I  almost choked on some coffee when I heard my phone ring. 

“Hello”

“Hey, baby. I didn’t wake you up did I?”

“No, I was having coffee, ready to start my day?” 

“What will you be up to today?” he asked in his very husky voice

“I’m going to go take a run at the Han River, then I will be hanging out with Bomi for the rest of the day” I said finishing my coffee “Will you join us today?”

“”Nah” he said “ I’m just going to try to sleep and sober up a bit”

“you are drunk?” I asked, he had a late filming schedule but I was unaware he had gone out drinking.

“we came in late and I couldn’t sleep, so I ended up having some whine and now I’m a little tipsy so I want to sleep this off.”

I raised my eyebrows but decided not to say anything. This was the first time I heard he had a drink by himself.  Something must be bothering him “Seunghyun” I begun, leaning against the window.
“IS there something wrong? Do you want to talk?”

“ Don’t worry about it, its nothing, I’m going to go to sleep I’ll call you later ok babe? Bye”

“oh, sure lets talk later”  I said and he hung up leaving me to think there was something up with him. 

I threw some laundry in the washer and tidied my room, making sure the apartment was clean so that later it would be just a matter of putting things in place.  After cleaning the floors in the living room I decided to put on my workout clothes and walked to the park next to the Han River to run my worried away. 

The riverside park is a large grassy are that stretches along side the river with picnic  tables and a four lane running track right next to the water. It seem to be a regular Saturday morning. Everywhere I looked, families were eating, kids were playing and flying kites, and people were running or power walking. As I watched the activity, I was struck with the sudden bout of homesickness. It wasn’t that long since I left and I was starting to miss my parents, but going back home was not part of the plan now.

I eyed a group of guys that looked awfully familiar as I ran to take my mind off things,, and God help me it seem one of the was calling me out. I geared up to run faster when I heard someone calling my name. I stopped  when I saw both Bomi and Mina, coming my way.

“Annyeong!” I greeted, casting a glance at the group of guys they were with. 

“Bye Boys” Mina said as she and Bomi made their way to me. 

I turned my attention to Bomi, noticing her running outfit “you look great” 

Bomi smiled widely. “thanks, I reached my goal weight last week, so Mina and I went to buy a new work out outfit to celebrate”

I gave her two thumbs up, Bomi had never really been overweight really at least to American standards, but as I was learning, in Korea she had to a few kilos to loose. She looked great.

“So how is training going?” Bomi asked  as she begun her leg stretches. 

“Not bad, Tablo is an awesome mentor, he is truly a genius”

“good, but its Tablo-sumbenim, us Korean like to keep respect at all times” she said, not really scolding me just a friendly yet stern reminder.

“right” 

“lets go girls” this time Mina made us start running 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About 30 minutes later we were beginning to slow down  and just walk trying to cool  down from our work out.

“So what are you going to do now that Tablo-ssi is going to Japan next week are you going there too?” Bomi asked
 
“ no, I’m staying here”

“oh!“ she frowned 

“you are going to Japan”  I froze

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter