Tokyo…here I come

The Last Time

I'm so happy today. Byung Hee told me this morning that next week, the supervisor level and above from all departments will have training in Tokyo for 3 days and 2 nights. I can't help but keep smiling all day. It's gonna be my first overseas trip and I'm so excited. But then I realized. Supervisors and above...that means Chang Sun also coming. I took a deep breath. Looks like I can't get away from him. Anyway, I'm still happy cause it means Ga In also included and of course Byung Hee too. It's gonna be an unforgettable trip for me.

Yayy, finally the day I've been waiting for is coming. The night before departure, Ga In and I packed our things and called our parents. Thank God, my mom's not here because she's gonna make me bring all the unimportant stuffs. Just in case, she always said.

"Omma, I'm gonna take off tomorrow morning. Flight 7.30."

"Okay. Take care of your health. Don't forget to bring you jacket, coat, socks, towel, vitamins, medicines. Bring more clothes. You don't know what does gonna happen there. And pajamas too."

"I get it."

"Don't forget to eat and sleep earlier. And don't forget your toiletries."

See, I told you. She's the one who panic. So I said okay to her just to make her calm down.

"Omma, take it easy. I'm just going for three days and I'm gonna bring all the stuff you mentioned. And tell appa too. Tomorrow before take off, I'm gonna call you again. Bye."

After make a call to my mom, I sit on the sofa to have some chat with Ga In. She still has a phone call to her panic mom.

"Ne, omma. I get it. I'm off to bed now. Bye." She turns off the phone. "I can never understand our mom. We just go for three days but their speech is like we're going for three years."

I just laugh and change the topic.

"Ga In ah, I'm so excited with this trip. I mean training, but I feel like a trip." I hugged her.

"Me too. It's gonna be our first trip overseas. Wait, Chang Sun is also coming right?"

"Yeah, I feel bad mood every time I remember that. But that's okay since I have Byung Hee too." I smiled.

"You're right. You have to use this opportunity to make him fall for you. I'm gonna help you. And if there's someone who like to interfere, he's gonna die on my hand."

"No need to be so extreme." I laughed at Ga In’s killer expression.

I forgot to turn on the alarm. As the result, we're both late to airport. It's almost seven o'clock when we arrived at Incheon airport. The check in desk almost closed. Ga In and I both run like hell to the check in desk and manage to check in as the last person.

We found our seats. It's located in the middle row. I walk along the aisle, heading to our seats when suddenly I stop and Ga In bumps me. I can't believe such coincidence exist in my life. I sit together with the man I like and the man I hate. Yes, Ga In and I were sitting together with Byung Hee and Chang Sun. What I hate the most is that Byung Hee sits on the aisle. That makes me have to sits beside Chang Sun because Ga In likes to sit on the aisle too. I took a deep breath. What a miserable journey.

Byung Hee saw us and he also shocked too. Chang Sun looks at us but then turn his face, he doesn't care. When Ga In follow my gaze, she shocked but I told her to hold her anger cause we're at the plane right now. She agreed. Byung Hee then greets us when we sit.

"Hye Rin ssi, what a coincidence."

"Yeah. I didn't expect this too. Oh, let me introduce my friend Ga In. She's from Sales department."

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Han Ga In. Nice to meet you."

"So, this is your best friend from Busan. Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jung Byung Hee. Nice to meet you too." He smiles.

They can't shake hand because Chang Sun and I were blocking the way. I once again took a deep breath, hoping this journey end up safely without a fight. I saw Chang Sun still reading his newspaper. The pilot announce that we were about to take off so we're all ask to prepare. He folds his newspaper and closes his eyes. I close my eyes and pray, not for the safety journey but for no fight between me and him.

It's time for food to be distributed. The stewardess offers me fish or rice. I choose fish and ask for orange juice. I put the orange juice on my table and ready to eat. When I want to open the cutlery set, the spoon accidentally flew from my hand and drop on top of my bag which I place on the floor. I want to ask for a new one to the stewardess but they already serve to the front. I don't want to wait for them so it's better for me to use the old ones. I bow down my head and try to reach the spoon with my left hand while my right hand is on the table.

It looks like I can't reach the spoon so I bow down my head further but I didn't expect that my right hand will slip and sweep the orange juice from the table. I immediately straighten my body to see the chaos I might cause. I turn my body to the right and shock at what I see. I see my orange juice landed safely on Chang Sun's thigh with the glass on top of it. Then I slowly lift my eyes to see his reaction. His eyes look so scary.

"Chang Sun ssi, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

I pick up the glass while apologize to him but he stand still. I saw Byung Hee look at us to see what happen. I took the napkin from the tray and try to absorb the juice when suddenly he puts his hand on top of mine. We're both look at each other for seconds, then he push aside my hand.

"This is what I always told the company for not wrongly choose people. How can you be so clumsy? Are you trying to revenge me because you lose on our last fight?"

"This is pure an accident and it has nothing to do with I lose or not. Don't mix up things." I start to get annoyed with his behavior.

"There's no such thing as accident when it comes to you. You're the source of trouble." He smirks.

I was shocked when he said I'm the source of trouble. Ga In saw that and she's now explode.

"Lee Chang Sun ssi, you better watch your mouth. This is purely accident. Besides, you only get wet on your jeans and not burnt or something. Why do you have to insult her like this?"

"Only? You said only? This orange juice is sweet and you expect me to wear this wet jeans during the flight. Can you imagine how uncomfortable this gonna be?"

"Your wet jeans is only small things, why do you have to make it big? You're sound just like sissy."

"What did you say?" He looks fed up.

Okay, so my prayer for having a pleasant journey is not come true. Now the fight occurs not only between me and Chang Sun but also included Ga In. Luckily, Byung Hee interferes to help reduce the heat. He grab Chang Sun's arm and said something to him. I also hold Ga In to her seat before she stood up and punch him. I don't want our fight becomes public consumption. I guess Byung Hee aware now that Chang Sun and I were not getting along.

*****

I was shocked at Chang Sun's behavior at the plane. I only heard rumor that he and Hye Rin never get along but I never expect that it's the fact and it worsen. They can have a big fight just because small things like that. I'll try to ask him the reason someday. When we arrived at Narita airport, there's already a bus waiting for us. We're taken to the hotel to rest and take a look around. The training is schedule to start tomorrow so we still have plenty time to explore the neighborhood.

I plan to take Hye Rin out tonight, so I told the receptionist to rent me one car along with the driver and reserves on table at the restaurant for 4 persons. I get back to my rooms and call her.

"Hye Rin ssi, would you like to join me for dinner? You can bring Ga In too."

"I'd love to. I mean we'd love to. What time we should be ready?" She asked me.

"Maybe around 6.30. I already make a reservation at the restaurant for seven o'clock." I told her.

"Okay, we'll be ready at the lobby at 6.30. See you there." She hung up the phone.

I guess Chang Sun heard my conversation with Hye Rin cause he leaning on the wall and look at me with questioning eyes.

"Hyung, are you going out with her?" He frowns.

"I asked her to bring Ga In too, why? Something's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing. I didn't realize you have feelings for her."

I didn't say anything. Chang Sun knew what kind of girl I usually dated before so he's a little bit surprised about me approaching Hye Rin. Well, I don't want to discuss about it now. I see Chang Sun still trying to read my mind.

"Do you want to join us?" I asked him.

"Sorry, I passed this time. I'm so tired today so I guess I'm gonna go sleep earlier."

"Okay then. I'm off now." I took the card key and walk out, heading to the hotel lobby.

*****

"Ga In ah, he's gonna take me out to dinner." I screamed after received call from Byung Hee.

"That's great. Did he say just the two of you?" She came out from bathroom and asked me.

"He said 'me' but I think he'll bring Chang Sun too. He also said I can bring you along." I pouted.

"Hmm. How are we gonna solve this?"

While we're in the middle of thinking on how to prevent Chang Sun to join, the room phone rang. I picked it up.

"Hye Rin ssi? It's Byung Hee. I just want to tell you that I'm already at the lobby and Chang Sun can't join us. So it will be the three of us."

"Oh, okay. I'll....We'll be there in a few minutes. Bye." I hung up the phone and look at Ga In. "Ya, Ga In ah. He said that Chang Sun can't join the dinner." I smiled

"Perfect. Then you better go down to the lobby now and tell him that I can't make it too, just said that I got stomach ache."

"Oww, thank you." I hugged her tightly.

"Yaaa....I...can't...breathe."

"Sorry, too excited. I better go now. Bye." I grab the card key and put it into my bag.

"Have fun." She wave to me.

I can't hide my smile. Just the thoughts about having dinner with Byung Hee alone already make my heart beating fast. It's a rare chance and I'm gonna use it well. I tried to calm down my heart and trying not to over excite. When I arrived at the lobby, I saw Byung Hee sit on the sofa. I walk approach him, he stood up as soon as he saw me. I told him that Ga In can't join because she's sick. He believes.

Now, it's just the two of us having dinner here. We arrived at the restaurant in twenty five minutes. He took me to the one of the best restaurant in Tokyo. The restaurant ambience is great. We both exchange information to get to know each other. I know that he has little sister and she's already married. I also tell him that I had brother and sister. We finished our dinner and were waiting for the car when he asks me something.

"Hye Rin ssi. If you don't mind, would you like to go to the beach with me?" He smiles.

Oh, I can't help it when he smiles. I would agree to anything he asks me to, just to see that smiles often. I nodded. I feel my tongue frozen at the moment. And then he smiles again. Now I'm totally paralyze, can't move an inch until he take my hand and open the car door for me. In the car, I put my hand on my chest, trying to calm down my heartbeat. If it continue beat like this, I'll get a heart attack in a few minutes ahead.

It's cold at night on the beach but I feel so hot inside, I don't feel the cold wind at all. We arrived at the beach and take a walk. I took off my shoes, carry it on my hand and walk barefoot on the sand. He does the same thing and walk beside me. We both walked in silence, enjoying the wind and view around the beach. The view of city lights across the sea is so breathe taking, so light and colorful. What a beautiful city, I said to myself.

We still walking along the beach when he suddenly grab my hand and make me turn facing him. He softens his face when he looks at me. I don't understand his face expression. I just look at his eyes, something written in there but I don't get it. He dropped his shoes to the sand and lift up his hand to slip my hair behind my ear then touch my cheek. We both look in the eyes and I can only stand still. Then he bent down his head until his nose touch mine. I still open my eyes and look at him. His lips is only a few inch from mine. Then he smile and close his eyes. He bent down further until our lips met. My shoes dropped from my hand.

I closed my eyes. He kissed me gently and softly. I can feel his lips exploring mine and still curious. As an amateur, I just follow him and give him what he wants. His hand moved from my cheek to my neck and caressed me there while the other hand moved to my waist and pull me closer to his body. I lifted up my hands automatically and caress his back. We both kissing until we're out of breath the he pull his lips. He put his forehead on mine and steals a little kiss from me. We still trying to retrieve our breaths and cooling down the heat when he talk to me.

"I'm sorry, Hye Rin ssi. I didn't mean to insult you like this. It's beyond my control. I guess I was a little bit carried away by the situation."

"No, I was wrong too. Don't blame yourself." My voice is still shaking when I talk.

"Did I hurt you?" He looks worried and checked my face.

"No, I'm okay." I ensure him.

"I don't know what happen to me tonight. But since the first time I look at you, I always want to do that, even more than that. I can't promise you anything right now but if you willing, let's continue what we had tonight and see what the results at the end. What do you say?" He smiled to me.

"Sure, I'm gonna give it a try." I smiled back at him.

"Come, let's go back. I don't want you to catch cold because of the sea wind." He took my hand and we both walk to the car.

*****

It's already ten pm when we arrived at the hotel. He held my hand when we come out from the car and still holding it until we reached my room. He says good night and again, steals a little kiss from me. He smiled and walking back to his room. I go inside, leaning my body for seconds behind the door and found out Ga In's still awake.

"Oh, you're back. How's your date?"

"You're not gonna believe what happen to me tonight. I'm so excited that I can die happily right now." I smiled widely and move from the door to bed.

"You're making me curious. Tell me what happen."

"Later, I'm gonna take a bath first." I'm heading to the bathroom.

"Make it fast. I'll barge in if you don't come out in ten minutes." She shouted.

In the bathroom, I stop at the sink and look at my face on the mirror. I touch my lips with my hand. I can't believe what happen a few hours ago. I can still taste his lips on mine, the pressure, and the softness. It feels great and I want it more. Before Ga In barged in, I better take a bath now. When I come out, she sits on her bed and start to interrogate me. I told her everything and she 
looks surprised.

"Ya! You lucky girl. Are you happy now that he kissed you?"

"Of course, I never even imagine that."

We keep talking until we're deciding to end today conversation and head to the bed. Before I fall asleep, I suddenly think about my dream a few nights ago. That dream did come true and luckily this time I kissed the right person. I keep on smiling until I fallen asleep.