Another tear to shed

The Last Time

As I expected, I didn't move to the living room but fell asleep on the chair with my head on his bed. I suddenly woke up and feel ache on my back neck. Damn, I shouldn't take a nap here last night. I look at the time, 6 pm. I checked on him, he's still sleep. I go out to the kitchen and make him some porridge. I bring the porridge to his room and put the bowl on the desk. I want to know if the fever is gone, so I put my hand on his forehead. I just landed my hand when he opens his eyes. I shocked, he looks at me. I pulled back my hand.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh, you're awake. I just want to check if the fever's gone and cook some porridge for you."

"I'm not asking what you do a few minutes ago. I'm asking what you are doing here at this time."

"Don't you remember that you're asking me to stay last night?" I frowned.

"Me? Asking you to stay? You're kidding right? I'll never ask such thing like that from you." He lifted up his body and leaned on the bedstead.

I can't believe he could say that. I took a deep breath. I try to understand maybe he didn't remember what he said last night due to his high fever. It's enough with the pain on my back neck. I don't want to add with the headache because of him.

"Fine, let's say that you don't ask me but do you remember that you fainted yesterday?"

"Of course I remember, so what?"

"And do you remember what happened after that?"

"I just remember someone helped me and took me to my room. Why are you asking so much?" He folded his arm and look at me intensely.

"Nothing. Anyway, I'm going home now. Don't forget to eat your porridge."

When I turn around, suddenly he grabbed my hand and pulled me down. I didn't anticipate his action so I fall down to the bed and he rolls his body until his position was on top of me. He arrested my hand. I was shocked for a moment. When I struggle underneath him, he tightened his grip on my hand and locked my thigh between his thighs. He looked into my eyes and I look him back.

"Do you think I'd let you go so easily?" He smirked.

"Let me go! What do you want?"

"Do you know that a woman should never step into single man's house especially to his bedroom without being accompanied? Usually, I was the one who invited them in but you have the courage to step in for yourself. I like that. Shall we finish our business here?"

"Let me go, you bastard!"

"You can continue curse me, I don't care. I never let a woman leave this room before it's done."

"Don't you dare to come closer!" I warned him but at the same time I was afraid.

"Oh, come on. I know you want it too cause if not then why you dare to come here alone? I know woman like you too well. Put on an innocent mask and pretending to be a nice girl to seduce men. Did you already try this method to hyung?"

I shocked at his harsh words. He continues humiliate me when he saw no answer from me.

"Well, I have to say that I'm disappointed that your first try was with him but that's okay since he's the manager and I'm below him so at least I've to say thanks to you for giving me this opportunity. Now, let's not wasting more time and finish what you've started."

He lowered his body until his face only a few inches from mine. He aims for my lips but I won't let him have it so when his face going closer to mine, I closed my eyes and turned my face to the left. He landed his lips on my neck and kiss it, try to persuade me but I stay still. I froze my body and try not to move an inch but I can't stop my tears from falling down. I feel insulted. I think he knows I'm crying cause he suddenly stop kissing me. He loosens his grip on my hand and look at me for a while then he get down from the bed.

I feel exhausted but I force myself to get up and sit on the bedside. His tight grip had left a red mark on my wrists but my heart feels more painful than my wrists. I close my mouth with my hand to prevent the sobs out and quickly get up from the bed. I ran through the door and leave him as soon as possible until I forgot to grab my coat. Well, I don't care cause all I want for now is to get away from him as far as I could. He really is a jerk. After all I've done for him, he didn't say thanks but he insulted me to this point and he didn't even apologize. Why do I have to meet a guy like him?

I stop a cab and tell the driver my address. Thank God Ga In already off to work when I arrived at the apartment because I don't want her to see me like this. I don't think I can focus on work today so I call Sang Hyun that I'm sick off today. Uncomfortable sleep and what Chang Sun did to me this morning has drained all my energy. I go to the bathroom to make some warm water but when I passing the mirror I saw red marks here and there on my right neck. Great! It must be because of his force kiss this morning. Now I have to wear halter neck clothes for a few days.

I was sleeping in my room when Ga In came home, she didn't go to wash as she usually did but instead she sit on the bedside and wake me up.

"Moon Hye Rin, you better tell me the truth where were you last night and where did you sleep?" She burst out her anger.

"I'll tell you the truth only if you promise me not to blow up or do anything harsh. Your anger should stay here, okay?"

"It depends on what are you gonna tell me."

"No depends, you have to promise me." I insisted.

"Okay. Now tell me."

"I was at Chang Sun's apartment yesterday." I almost whisper when I say that.

"What? You said Chang Sun's apartment? Are you crazy? What are you doing there? Don't tell me you also sleep there?" Ga In looked scary to me now.

"Yesterday, I went to his apartment to ask for his sign on a proposal. But when I was about to leave, he suddenly fainted in front of me."

"Then what does it have to do with you? You can just left him after gave him drugs or you can call his neighbor to looked after him. And why do you have to sleep there? Have you lost your mind? Do you already forget how he treats you?"

"I don't know what happened to me yesterday but I know I can't leave him just like that. He lived there alone, Ga In ah."

"The hell with that. I don't ca—what happen with your neck?" She looks curiously at my neck and widened her eyes.

! I forgot to cover my neck. My hand automatically covered my neck but she tosses it over.

"Is that....did he do that to you? Oh, he's so dead to me! For real! This time I'm gonna finish him." She stood up from the sofa but I grab her hand and hold her still.

"Ga In ah, it's not what you think. He did it when he's still under drug's effect. Please don't make it harder for me?" I lied. He's in full conscious when he did this.

"But he..." She took a deep breath and sit again.

"I know but I can't fully blame him."

"Hye Rin ah, promised me you wouldn't do anything reckless like this again. I don't want anything happen to you." She patted my hands.

"I promised, but you have to promise me too that you'll never mention this matter in front of Chang Sun or Byung Hee."

"Fine."

"By the way, I want to take you to one place this Saturday. You're gonna love it."

"Oh, you're being suspicious again."

"Remind me again so I won't forget. Short-term memory here." I pointed my head and smile.

*****

Moon Hye Rin, I keep repeating that name in my head. This girl is really good at pretending to be innocent. What kind of girl who's willingly come into single man's house and even to his room alone? When I try to seduce her this morning, she immediately acts like a pure innocent girl who doesn't know anything and even shed tears. For just a moment, I feel guilty seeing her cry like that. I even asked myself did I go too far this time. When she left I want to grab her hand but then I remember how Byung Hee Hyung has fallen into her trap in Tokyo, I pulled back my hand. This must be her trick to make me guilty and surrender to her.

It's just another four months before I finally left for New York, and I'm gonna free from her. I remember she said to eat the porridge, I look at the table. I'm sure she's already put something to the porridge like she did yesterday that makes me saying unbelievable things last night. I better not eat. I walk to the living room and turn on the TV when my door bell ringing. I wonder who's coming at this hour.

"Hyung, what brought you here?"

"Chang Sun ah, how's the fever? Are you feeling better?"

"Ne, I feel better now. Come in. Are you especially come here to see me?" I smiled to him.

"Of course not, do you think I'm that free? I was just going back from the meeting on the client's office and I remember that you had been sick for few days. So I decide to stop by for a while just to see your condition."

"Well, as you can see I'm okay now. I'll get back to work tomorrow. Please sit, I'll bring you water." I told him to sit on the sofa while I walk to the kitchen.

"Chang Sun ah, do you have guest coming?"

"No. Why?" I answered him from the kitchen.

"Cause I found woman's coat here."

"Woman's coat?" I walked out from the kitchen and look at the coat Hyung's talking about. "Oh, it must be Hye Rins. She maybe forgot to take it when she left."

"Hye Rin? She came here?" He frowned.

"Yup, she came to ask me sign the Haesin revised proposal yesterday. But why do you look surprised?"

"Oh, nothing. I thought you two don't get along so it's a little bit weird."

"Well, the truth is she indeed came despite her hate to me. You can never really know what's in woman's heart right?"

I smiled and observe Hyung's expression. When I said she came, he already looks surprised. What happen if I told him that she even stays here overnight? Oh, I think Hyung really had fallen into her trap without even realizing it. Poor hyung, I wish I could warn him but I guess he won't listen to it, he probably said that it's my own personal hate.

"I better get back to the office now. See you tomorrow."

"Okay." I sent him to the front door. I still feel a little bit sleepy so I get back to my room.

On the next morning, I see she hasn't come when I reached the office. I bring along her coat that she left at my apartment yesterday. A few minutes later, she came but she didn't spare a glance at me. Probably still upset about yesterday, but I don't care. It's her problem. I hand over her coat.

"Your coat, you left it yesterday."

"Thank you." No smile from her.

She took the coat from my hand and immediately left her desk, walking to Sang Hyun's desk. I look at her for a while then continue working.

*****

This morning is a little bit hard for me to go to the office cause I'll be facing Chang Sun and when I see his face I'll remember what he did to me yesterday. I wish he disappear from the office but it's impossible. I still have four months to go before he finally left and it does gonna be the longest four months in my life. He handed over my coat as soon as I reached my desk. I took it without spare him a glance, say thank you and walk to Sang Hyun's desk. Not that I want to avoid him but I indeed have something to discuss with Sang Hyun. I ask him to come with me to the meeting room and bring the material for Seonhwa project. I was in the middle of discussion with Sang Hyun when someone burst into the room. We both lift up our head and look at the door.

"Hye Rin ah, why don't you pick up...Oops, I'm sorry. I thought you're finished. It's twelve o'clock now. Don't you want to go for lunch?"

It’s Ga In.

"Really? Okay, let me just finish this one." I told her to sit and continue the discussion with Sang Hyun for a while.

"Sang Hyun ssi, let's continue this after lunch. Come join us." I offered him to join me and Ga In for lunch.

"Okay." He smiled.

We walk to the cafeteria and make an order then I remember I haven't introduced them.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce you two. Ga In ah, this is Park Sang Hyun and Sang Hyun ssi, this is my best friend Han Ga In."

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Park Sang Hyun. Nice to meet you." He stretched out his hand.

"Ah, you're that Park Sang Hyun. Hye Rin always mentioned your name. I'm Han Ga In. Nice to meet you too." She shakes his hand.

"Really? Well, I hope she mentioned good things about me." He smiled.

"Of course, she always praises you for being so nice and helpful."

"Thank you Hye Rin ssi."

"I only tell the truth." I smiled back to him.

We enjoy our food while talking about this and that. But the most interesting thing is that these two people enjoying their chat too much. They talk to each other like I wasn’t there. I just keep silent and watch their behavior. It seems like Sang Hyun interested in Ga In. When Ga In and I arrived at our apartment, I asked her about Sang Hyun.

"So, what do you think about Sang Hyun?"

"I think he's a low profile guy. Why?"

"Oh, nothing. I told you he's a good guy right?"

"Yeah, totally the opposite of Chang Sun."

I didn't answer her. When she mentioned that name, I don't know if I should hate him or not. His behavior really mixed up my feelings. But I think it's better for me if I continue hate him, at least I won't get hurt if he acts like a jerk again. I went to bed as soon as I finished take a bath. I had a weird dream tonight. I was walking alone in a strange place and then I saw my sister come approach me. I was so happy cause finally I met someone I knew.

"Unni, thank God you're here. Can we go home now? This place is weird." I grab her arms and start walking but she didn't move. She takes my hand and makes me look at her.

"Hye Rin ah, I can't go with you." She smiled bitterly.

"Why?"

"I just can't. Take care of appa and omma for me, okay?" She touched my cheek and then patted my hands then she turn around, walking to opposite direction.

"Unni, where are you going? Let me go with you." I tried to grab her arm but I can't move and she keeps walking until she disappeared from my sight. I shouted her names hundred times but she didn't come back.

"Unni." I cried.

I suddenly open my eyes and sit on my bed. I touched my cheek. It's wet from my tears. The dream feels so real until I cried like this. I hope it's just another bad dream as a result of my overload work and my problem with Chang Sun, nothing more. I went back to sleep.