My first date in Seoul

The Last Time

It's officially one week working at the new office and so many things had happened, becoming best friends with Sang Hyun and Hee Soo, flirting with Byung Hee, and cold war with Chang Sun. My first weekend in Seoul is awful. I had to revise the proposal and I don't have much time. I need some help here and suddenly Byung Hee's offer crossed my mind. But I don't want to bother him so I decided to ask for Sang Hyun's help. I called him and he agreed to help me but we have some problem, place to work.

"Sang Hyun ssi, actually I want to invite you to my apartment but I think it's not proper. Besides, I live with my friends. Do you have any idea where we can work?"

"Hmm....let me think. Maybe we can go to Four Clover Coffee Shop. It belongs to my friend and I'm sure he doesn't mind if we use one table for the whole day. What do you think?"

"That sounds good. Where is it?" He told me the location but I'm still not familiar with the street in Seoul.

"Okay, let me pick you up at the apartment. Give me the address."

I told him my address and he told me that he'll be here in thirty minutes. I promised to wait at the front gate so he doesn't have to go up. After hung up the phone, I put all documents and laptop to my bag and grab my coat.

"Ga In ah, I'm going out with Sang Hyun today to finish my proposal so don't wait for me okay?" I shouted from the living room.

"Okay. Have fun." She shouted back from bedroom.

What fun? This whole proposal thing doesn't contain any fun. It only brings me headache, especially the iceman. I'm standing at the front gate of my apartment, waiting for Sang Hyun's car. A few minutes later, one car is coming approach my standing place and the driver waves at me. He told me to get in.

"Sang Hyun ssi, thanks for your help. I'm sorry to bother you like this." I said to him as soon as I get in the car.

"That's okay. Besides, I don't have anything to do this weekend. But I want something in return." He looked serious.

"What? I'll do anything you asked."

"Well, I want you to...." He stopped for seconds then lean his body to the front until we're face to face while scanning my body from top to toe then back to the top.

"Feed me. Buy me food." He laughed at my shocked face. "You're scared right?"

"Do you think it's funny?" I angrily look at him.

"Hye Rin ssi, I was just joking with you. Please don't angry. I'm sorry, okay?" He looked panic.

I smiled.

"Gotcha. We're even now."

We both laughed out loud. I'm so lucky to have a friend like him. We can get along with each other. And I realized he had a sense of humor but easily panic too. Too bad there's no lover's chemistry between us.

After twenty five minutes, we finally arrived at the coffee shop. My first impression of this shop is amazing. The outdoor design makes me feel like I'm in coffee shop in Paris. They put the chairs in the outdoor and using sand colors' tent. I see the windows and door also using Europe motif. When we step into the shop, the indoor design's also breathtaking. They use parquet for the floor and the wall is covered by wallpaper. There were some Paris landscape pictures hanging on the wall. I see the menu hanging behind the counter is all written in French. This shop is so cozy, perfect place for hang out. I'm gonna tell Ga In about this place when I get home.

I see Sang Hyun is talking with someone. I guess that must be his friend he talks about before. They look so close then they approaching my standing place. Sang Hyun introduces us.

"Hye Rin ssi, meet my best friend Kim Ji Hoon."

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Moon Hye Rin. Nice to meet you."

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Kim Ji Hoon. Nice to meet you too."

"I already told him that we're gonna use one table for the whole day." He informed me.

"I'm sorry for bothering you like this, Ji Hoon ssi. You can just give me the table at the corner so we won't disturb other customers."

"I can't do that. Sang Hyun's friend is my friend. And I'm giving my best friend the best spot in this shop. Come with me." He smiled at me. When I looked at Sang Hyun, he just shrugged and dragged me with him.

"Here you go. Make yourself comfortable and stay as long as you want." He left us to greet other customers.

The best spot he mentioned is located on the second story. Well, it's actually not a full second story but half because we still can see the whole room from here. And he gave us sofa seat near the windows, totally secluded from the others. It's really the best spot. The view from the window is also amazing.

"I can't believe this. Your friend is so generous, Sang Hyun ssi."

He smiled. "Let's sit. I'm gonna order us drinks. What do you want?"

"Ice vanilla latte, please. Thank you."

"One ice vanilla latte is on the way." He smiled at me while heading to the counter.

Today is so perfect, the coffee shop and Sang Hyun. I owed him too much until I don't know how to repay him. He willingly helps me even though we're work together for just one week, five days to be exact. This proposal needs to be done by today so I won't have to disturb him tomorrow. I pulled out all the documents and laptop from my bag and start working. Later, Sang Hyun brought 2 glasses on his hand. He gave me my coffee and then he sits in front of me.

I don't know how long we've been working. I look at my watch. It's lunch time now. No wonder my stomach is protesting. It's my turn to order so I ask him what he wants to eat. I forgot to mention that this coffee shop also sells food, French food especially, so you don't have to search elsewhere. He orders magret de canard with mashed potatoes and mushroom and sauce and croque monsieur for me.

I walk to the counter to order the food and was waiting for the cashier when suddenly I feel unease. My eyes scanning the room and locked on someone at the pick-up counter. Lee...Chang...Sun. My eyes are widened and my jaw dropped. It can't be. I immediately turn my head and cover my side face with my hand. Why do I have to meet him here? I took a peek at him and luckily he was looking at other direction. What am I gonna do now?

I was planning to make an order and disappear as fast as I can when suddenly Sang Hyun approached me and call my name.

"Hye Rin ssi, I forgot to tell you that...." He stopped when he saw my worried face and looked up when someone call his name.

"Sang Hyun ah."

I'm doomed.

"Hyung, what a coincidence."

I wish I'm invincible right now. I shouldn't go down to the counter but I'm hungry. Argh, this is ridiculous. I have no reason to be scared. I did no wrong. But what would he think seeing me here with Sang Hyun? I took a deep breath and turn my body facing him.

"Chang Sun ssi."

"Hye Rin ssi." He smirked.

"Hyung, are you buying coffee? If you're free, come join us. We got the best spot to used whole day."

I shocked and immediately look at Sang Hyun. What are you doing, Sang Hyun ssi? Invite him means trouble. Don't blame me if there's world war three in the shop. I try to warn him through my eyes but he didn't look at me. Feel useless, I turned back my head facing Chang Sun. I accept my fate.

"Sure, why not." He looked at me with no expression but I'm sure he thinks something in his head.

"Sang Hyun ssi, you can go back to our seat with Chang Sun ssi. I haven't order our food yet."

"Okay. Oh, I was gonna tell you to add one mineral water to my order. Come on, Hyung."

They walking towards the stairs while talking and I'm here standing, gritting my teeth. Why did bad luck following me these days?

*****

Calm down, Hye Rin. You must use cool head to deal with people like this.I brought the foods to my table. I saw he sits beside Sang Hyun, so all I need to do is sit in front of Sang Hyun instead of him. But my documents and laptop already pushed aside to Sang Hyun's front so I had to sit in front of him. Bad luck!

I was enjoying my food when I feel someone's eyes watching me during the time. I looked up and my eyes caught his eyes. I'm already upset with his presence and now added with his gaze like this, I'm totally pissed off. I can't hold it anymore.

"Is there something on my face? Why do you look at me like that?"

"No. Nothing."

"Hah, liar. I know you must be thinking that I'm having fun right here and not working on the revision. Well, I'm telling you that I came here because I need Sang Hyun's help. And don't complaint about chat during work time because today is weekend!" I throw my tantrum to him.

"I'm not thinking of anything right now. If you think that I'm accusing you for not working then it's your own problem, not mine. You're free to say whatever you want." He calmly answered me.

His answer makes me speechless. I better disappear for a moment before I lost my temper. I stood up from the sofa and heading to the toilet. I sit there for a while, cooling down my emotion. I send a text message to Sang Hyun to inform me if Chang Sun has gone. Later then, after I got reply from Sang Hyun, I'm heading back to the sofa.

"I just don't understand with him. Does he always like this to others?" I asked Sang Hyun about Chang Sun's behavior.

"Hyung is always kind to others. So I have no idea why he acts like that to you."

"Never mind then, let's not discuss this again. We better continue working on the proposal now."

We both work until nine pm. One hour more until the shop closed. The proposal reached 80 percent completion and I’m gonna finish it tomorrow by myself. Sang Hyun drop me in front of my apartment and we both bid farewell.