My first tears because of him

The Last Time

Monday. It's always the laziest day of the week. I hate it. I just hope that today pass smoothly. I gave the revised proposal to Chang Sun as soon as I arrived on my desk.

"As requested, here's the revision."

"Okay."

He took the proposal from my hand and just put it aside. He didn't even look at it. I don't get it. He's the one who hurried me to make this proposal in three days and now he just put it aside like it's not an urgent matter. I keep questioning his behavior in my head until I didn’t realize that I'm still standing in front of his desk.

"Do you still need anything?" He looked at me.

"Huh? Oh, no. Sorry."

I immediately get back to my desk. I can't concentrate on my work because I keep on looking to his desk, wondering if he looks at my proposal but nothing happen. He keeps on working on other project and ignores my proposal. My emotion is going up right now. Something's wrong here and I need to know. I'm planning to ask other staff but I want to go to the toilet first. In the toilet, I met Hee Soo. I decide to ask her if she knew about this project.

"Hee Soo ssi, can I ask you something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Do you know about GD Motors project?"

"I've heard about it. Why?"

"Do you know about the deadline of the project?"

"I'm sorry. I just know that GD Motors had agreed to use our products informally but I don't know about the proposal deadline. Is there something wrong?" She frowned.

"No, nothing. I'm just asking. Thank you."

"I'm sorry I can't help."

"That's okay. I'll ask the others." I smiled to her.

So, who knows about this project other than Chang Sun? I'm walking out from the toilet and heading to my desk while thinking about this matter. I walk crossing Byung Hee's room, the door is half open and I see he's talking to Chang Sun. At first, I don't care but then I heard he mentioned my name. My feeling told me to stop, so I hide beside the half opening door and listening. Luckily, my standing position wouldn't be seen by them and other staffs. I listened to their conversation.

"Chang Sun ah, I heard that Hye Rin was worked overtime last week doing GD Motors proposal. Is it true?"

"I don't know if she worked overtime or not. I just gave her three days deadline for the project." Chang Sun answered.

"Three days? Are you nuts? The project's deadline is still two months." Byung Hee looks a little taken aback.

I shocked when I heard about the deadline. I can't move from where I stand. Still two months? And he told me to finish it in three days? I can't believe this. How dare he make fun of me? Who does he think he is? I can't control my emotion again. I'm walking towards the front door before they finish talking and heading to the garden. I won't let him go so easily.

*****

I thought something urgent come up when Hyung told me to come to his room but he just want to talk about Hye Rin's overtime work last week. I still have a lot of works to do yet Hyung arrest me here just to discuss about her. This unimportant conversation is really wasting my time. He shocked when I told him I gave her three days deadline.

"Three days? Are you nuts? The project's deadline is still two months."

"I know. I just want to see her works on a project so that I can give her half of my project I've been assign to. You know how hectic I am right now and I almost can't handle it."

"I know it but you don't have to give her three days deadline. Are you trying to make her resign as soon as possible? Next time, please consider the time deadline."

"Okay. I get it." I walked out from the room.

I don't want to continue this conversation any longer so I just agreed to whatever he said and out from his room. I sit on my chair and realize that I have a message on my phone. From Hye Rin.

Meet me at the garden

What does she wants from me?

I arrived at the garden and searching for her. I found her sitting on a bench near the tree. I look at her from afar, she looks so fed up. I wonder what makes her looks like that. I'm walking approach her bench. I think she senses my presence because she immediately stood up before I even reach her place.

"What is it? It better be important matters cause you're already wasting my time."

"Is it true that the deadline for GD Motors project is still two months?" She asked me.

I look at her while keep my face expressionless. How did she know that? I didn't tell anybody about the deadlines, only Hyung and me who knows about it. I ask her back.

"Where did you hear it from?"

"Answer my question first. Is it true?" She looks furious now.

"Yes. Now answer—" Before I finished talk, she cuts me.

"How could you do this to me? The project is still two months but you make me finish it in three days. You've gone too far this time."

She left me and just walks away, almost running. I didn't intent to hold and give her explanation. Let her think what she wants to think. I don't care. But I'm still curious how she knew about the deadline. Hmph, I've wasting my time here just to answer that silly question. I immediately get back to the office. I see she still hasn't back. Well, what she does is not my concern.

When she walks back to her desk, I saw her eyes and nose a little bit red like she had been cried. She immediately sits on her chair and continues her work. She didn't even look at me. I approach her desk and talk to her half whispering.

"Next time if you want to cry, do it at home. I hate people who cried during office hour."

"Mind your own business!"

She glares at me while saying those words then continue her work. I guess she really mad at me this time. Well, just let her be. I better continue my work too.

*****

I hate him. I hate everything about him, from head to toe. How can he treat me like this? I left him alone in the garden after I threw my anger because I can't hold my tears any longer. I immediately run back to the office and heading to the toilet. I hide in the closet and cried secretly. I know it might sound crazy, crying because of him. But I can't help it. My tears fall down just like that. I can't believe there's a man like that in this world. I try to be friendly to him but look what he did to me.

I think I've been crying for about half an hour. When I get out from the closet and look at my face on the mirror, I saw my eyes and nose all red. If I go back to the office with face like this, everyone will know that I've been crying. So I'm heading back to the garden to get some fresh air so my face can return at least to normal.

When I get back to my desk, I know that my face is still messed up. I know that he looks at me but I pretend not to see him. He said something but I just glare at him and continue my work. I'm not in the mood to talk to him right now.

As usual, I went home with Ga In. When we're both already take a shower and sit on the sofa watching TV, I told Ga In what happen to me today. She's a little bit shock when I told her I cried because of Chang Sun.

"Yaaa....how could he do that to you?" She screamed.

"I don't know. I can't believe that he lied about the project's deadline. He gave three days too for the revision."

"And he didn't apologize to you?"

"No."

"That jerk. I want to kick his right now." She looks fed up now.

"Ga In ah, it's only one week and he already treat me like this. How can I survive for the next six months? Damn, I really hate him."

"Take it easy, Hye Rin. You're too emotional today. Come, let's hit the sack. You must be tired after crying today."

"You go ahead. I want to finish this drama. It's like a cure to me."

"You still have the moods to watch drama?" She frowns.

"Hey, I can't live without it."

She laughed. "Crazy girl. I envy you."

"Thank you very much." I laugh.

"Yucks, stop that. I'm going in. See you tomorrow."

"Night."

I tried not to think about today incident and focus on watching the drama. I just hope that I won't be emotional when I see him again tomorrow.