And thus, 'Jongkey' was born.

Do You Wanna Bet?

 

A/N Hi there, sorry if this chapter seems a bit shorter than the others, I wasn't really sure how to write the fluff. So it fails so much. TT_TT Please comment and thank you for subsribing! Do you like it so far? Hopefully it should get better throughout the chapters...It's so boring right now. XD

Jonghyun sat in the kitchen and munched on the food Key had made for him, savouring every bit. Damn, it was just bacon but Key made it taste so good. He heard Key’s “AHH! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!” from the living room and laughed to himself. Key was just so...genuine. He doesn’t try to be who he’s not just for people to have good first-impressions of him, he’s just him, all the time. And from the moment Key said just a single word to Jonghyun when they first met, he knew he was falling. Jonghyun finished eating and leant back in the chair and linked his hands behind his head, remembering that time when they first met.

____________

“Right through here, please.” The old businessman stood aside the held open the door to Jonghyun.

“Oh, um, thank you. “ Jonghyun replied uneasily stepping into the room, he’d never been in a conference room.  People where still arriving and taking their coats off and setting their brief cases down. Was I supposed to bring a briefcase? He worried, then he mentally slapped himself, you don’t have anything to put  in a briefcase Jonghyun get a hold of yourself!  He was signalled a seat by some other businessman and walked over to it, ing his coat and placing it on the expensive chair. He stood there for a moment and watched people file into the room, businesswomen and men alike, all in suits, they all had a certain air of authority about them. Jonghyun shuffled his feet, feeling a bit out of place because he was just in smart casual wear – like he was told to come in – instead of a suit. Until he noticed that there were 4 others in the room just wearing smart casual like him; a tall dark-haired prince-like boy standing by his seat awkwardly further down the table; a small thin pretty boy who looked really young, was fiddling with the bottom of his shirt nervously and was seated next to the tall boy; a handsome boy that was chuckling to himself despite the fact that he had already knocked over glass of water on the table and was unhelpfully trying to help others mop it up with tissues was opposite the other two; and the last was just sitting across from himself, but Jonghyun couldn’t see his face as he had spent the past 5 minutes sitting on his chair but crouching down trying to find something in his bag, but from the look of him so far he could tell he was young.

“Good morning. Everyone seems to be here, so you may sit. Let’s get this started.” Replied the man at the end of the table. Jonghyun guessed he was a manager or an executive producer or something important like that – he didn’t really know anything about office-type jobs. They sat and the boy opposite Jonghyun finally sat up and smiled in achievement as he put a pink rhinestone pen into his black blazer pocket. He was beautiful. Seriously. There were no other ways to describe him. His face was so perfectly sculpted as if he was a doll or a statue and his eyes were dark and pointed giving him a y, feisty look no-matter what expression he made. And his lips...there was no other way to describe them they were just so...perfect. Jonghyun sat their gawping a moment to the boy across from him, no one seemed to notice, until the boy himself turned his head to Jonghyun. Their eyes locked. The sound of the businessman’s voice talking in monotone faded into the distance and the boys sat in the moment shamelessly, gazing at each other.

Kibum’s eyes widened and his mouth parted slightly looking at the boy properly for the first time, since he had noticed him staring at him for a while out of the corner of his eye. Kibum noted his large warm brown eyes, his sharp masculine jaw line and his dazed expression on his face and it made his heart skip a beat. Ignoring his suddenly ecstatic heart he wondered why the boy was staring at him and Kibum came to the conclusion that he was probably thinking of something and just zoned out. “What?” Kibum silently mouth to him, to wake him up.

Jonghyun watched intently as Kibum’s mouth moved as he spoke. Noticing the boys confused expression Jonghyun came crashing back down to reality and gulped, a slight blush tinting his cheeks as he turned back to the man who was leading the meeting. Kibum watched him for a long minute, until finally turning to speaker himself.

“SM Entertainment has decided to form a new boy group, which will consist of you five boys – due to your expert talents and successful training – you will have time for introductions after this meeting. “ the man smiled at them as the boys opened their mouths in shock and then the biggest smiles of happiness. They couldn’t believe it...they were going to become idols!

(A/N And thus SHINee was born, lol.)

After another dreary half-an-hour of the meeting, the officey people discussed finance and jobs and blah, it finally came to an end. Well, it wasn’t dreary for the boys, they sat, not listening and grinning at each other (Ah, except Jonghyun, who couldn’t take his eyes off one particular person), feeling like they were going to explode with happiness. Jonghyun felt like his heart  was going to explode with happiness. People began packing their notepads and pens away, grabbing their coats and standing up as gradual background chatter began to fill the room once again. Jonghyun stood up, stretched and slid on his dark grey winter coat, which was lined with faux grey fur around the hood. Kibum, packed his things back into his satchel and moved his chair back so he could get out, but his jacket fell on the floor. Rolling his eyes he went to pick it up, but before he even had a chance to lean down, another hand took the jacket and held it up. Looking up he saw the big puppy eyes that had been staring at him, and the cheekiest grin he has ever seen, blushing he took the coat and nodded in thanks.

“H-hi...”  Jonghyun said looking into his eyes once more.

“Hi...” Kibum replied.

____________

Jonghyun snapped out of his flashback as Key stomped into the kitchen, fuming.

“MY ING FAVOURITE MIRROR! Would you believe  it?!” Key looked at Jonghyun, “What’s with that expression?”

“Nothing,” Jonghyun smirked. Key scoffed and stomped back out the room, replaced by Minho who entered now that the area was ‘safe’.

“So...Taemin told me about yesterday...” Minho began, a glint in his eye. Jonghyun sat confused for a moment then remembered...when he was in Key’s room, when Key was teasing him...he groaned.

“NOTHING happened yesterday Minho! Key fake moaned so that Taemin and Onew would hear, he freaking wants me to lose.”Jonghyun whined, “You can go freaking ask Key himself!”. Key never lies. Even if the truth hurts.

“Riiiiight, well...I’ll believe you. This once.” Minho crossed his arms and grinned, as much as he didn’t believe it ,he really didn’t want to ask Key about it now, given Key’s current state of ‘I’m-going-to-kill-everything’.

“And you and Tae haven’t...?” Jonghyun grinned, he knew Minho’s weak spot.

Minho blushed and choked on air for a split second. “N-no...of course not.”

And as if on cue Taemin strolled into the room casually, then saw Minho’s face blush even redder and Jonghyun grin wider.

“What you guys talking about?” he asked, is expression not far off this: o.o (A/N Ahaha, sorry I just had to add that in.)