Christmas Eve, Part 2

Do You Wanna Bet?

(Btw, how precious is that picture? Early debut days! Awww so cuutteee.)

Jonghyun sat on his bedroom floor and rolled out the shiny wrapping paper in front of him. He reached behind to grab one of the objects, finding the first thing at arm’s-length to be the small velvet red box that contained the bracelet, and set it on the paper. He frowned and turned the box over, then changing his mind and turning it back up, then he lifted it and positioned it again, and then repositioning it. How the helldo I wrap this up?  He thought, he wasn’t very good at this type of thing...it didn’t involve music.

After a few curse words and a lot of ripped wrapping paper later he leant back and eyed the resulting products. Er, it didn’t look much, but it was wrapped up...and that was the point, right? Nodding as he convinced himself he scooped up the presents in his arms and smiled when he felt the weight of one of the heavy presents knock against his chest. He didn’t doubt what Key had said to him earlier, but what the heck, he had the flipping thing now and to be honest his thoughts were a little restless, and it would make him feel overall better giving it to him...seeing that smile...that would definitely help.

_____________

“Tell me what?” Key frowned, eyeing them one by one, especially Onew. Onew shook his head, his grin never faltering.

“I guess not then,” he replied, as Minho tried to hold back laughter, all but one could guess what Onew was talking about.

“Tell me!” Key demanded, with equally frustrated hand gestures.

“Nevermind,” Onew grinned, trying to wave off the subject as he stared at the newspaper he was now holding. He looked up to see a thoroughly disgusted expression on Key’s face.

“WHAT?! You can’t just say that! YOU BROUGHT IT UP!” As always, Key won first prize to the biggest diva over-exaggeration ever. He stood up and almost launched himself at Onew, but he didn’t quite make it since Taemin had jumped up, grabbed his legs and tackled him to the floor before he reached his prey.

“AAHHH!” Key shrieked as he struggled under Taemin’s wrestle. He may be small and light, but damn he had a strong grip, he had wrapped himself around Key gripping his own hands together and trying to prevent Key from getting up.  Key seemed to be winning the fight though, as he writhed around in his hold trying to break free, well, that was until Minho had controlled his laughter enough to push him lay across them backwards forcing them both to the floor again and pushing the sofa with his feet. “GETOFFMEEEEE!” Key squealed loudly as he fell back to the floor with Taemin still wrapped around him.

“YAH! You guys attacking my boyfriend now, is that it?!” Jonghyun burst into the room, panting, but trying not to smirk at the sight before him.

“WELL DON’T JUST STAND THEIR GRINNING LIKE A BAFFOON! SAVE ME!”

“Yes, darling~” Jonghyun laughed, going to his rescue. Minho got off them and helped unpeel Taemin off Key (who then blushed when he realised Minho was holding him and stood up.)

“So you guys have made up then?” Onew walked back in the room holding a glass of milk, no one had even noticed he left.

“Huh?” Key queried as Jonghyun pulled him up.

“You made up?” Onew repeated smiling, looking from Jonghyun to Key. They looked back at him confused, then their faces grew hot and red, finally understand what he was talking about.

“You guys fought?!” Taemin squealed looking concerned.

“N-no!” Jonghyun reassured him before Taemin could jump to any conclusions.

“You haven’t made up?” Onew frowned.

“NO, yes, I mean, yes we’ve ‘made up’ and no, we didn’t have a fight, it’s just...we just came to an understanding...”

Minho leaned in to Jonghyuns ear, (which didn’t go unnoticed to Key who was standing on the other side of Jonghyun) and whispered so only Jonghyun could hear him. “Is it about that...thing?”

“...Y-yeah partly,” Jonghyun replied, forgetting to whisper, everyone turned to him and he blushed more and looked at the ground, not knowing whether he should feel embarrassed or ecstatic. Onew could tell what they were talking about and chuckled to himself.

“What did you say?” Key glared at Minho, who just shook his head evilly and smirked.

“Why did you fall out?” Taemin appeared at Minho’s side, squinting at them in worry. Onew coughed into his drink trying not to laugh.

“What did he say?!” Key demanded, now looking at Jonghyun, who just cleared his throat and shuffled out the room. Key looked less than satisfied.

_____________

Key stepped into the shower and sighed as the hot water splattered against his back and the steam rose around him. Jonghyun had been acting noticeably strange since that morning and Key thought that after the heart to heart talk he would go back to normal, but he still seemed like he’s hiding something and what else could he be possibly  hiding? Key took out his favourite shampoo, vanilla scented, and lathered it into his hair – his boyfriend had a weakness for vanilla- and rinsed it away. He wasn’t sure what they were going to do tonight exactly (well he had some idea) even though he was the one that promised it. What would Jonghyun do? Would he still act weird?

Key turned off the shower and stepped out onto the bathroom mat as he wrapped a towel around his hips. He wiped the condensation off the mirror with his hand and ran his fingers through his wet hair attempting to wring out the water and dry it a bit, although that was near enough impossible with the amount of steam wafting around. He wondered what everyone was doing right now, Taemin was probably snuggled onto Minho’s lap as they watched that funny Christmas movie on TV, Onew was cleaning up broken glass (he had dropped his empty glass that he had milk in on his way to the kitchen) and Jonghyun...he didn’t know. He hadn’t seen him since he exited the living room earlier.

 Key changed into his pyjamas (Minnie Mouse themed, naturally) walked out the bathroom and shivered at the temperature change, and then walked forward directly into his own room. Sure enough, there was Jonghyun, lying on Key’s bed, seemingly reading one of Key’s manga books. He looked up when he heard the door click closed and saw Key standing there innocently in his pyjamas, he visibly gulped. But all signed of nervousness and want were immediately knocked away as he grinned cheekily as if he had noticed something and sauntered over to his lover.

“Hi,” Jonghyun said softly as he slid his arms around Key’s waist and drew him closer, causing him to blush.

“Hey,” Key whispered, his breath warming Jonghyuns cheek. This kind of reminded him of when they first met in that conference room...

“You stood in a lucky place,” Jonghyun chuckled.

“Huh?” Key looked at him, obviously confused. Jonghyun looked up, and Key followed his gaze. What could possibly be interesting on the ciel-

“Oh!”

 There it was. A branch of Mistletoe. Taped clumsily to the ceiling. Key cringed and wonder who the hell put that there, only to look down and lock eyes with Jonghyun, who was now only a few inches from Key’s face – grinning like an idiot. Oh here we go, I should have known. Jonghyun pulled Key into soft kiss, which gradually grew firmer and deeper until Key was literally clinging onto Jonghyuns arms and shoulders trying to regain his posture, but fortunately Jonghyun’s strong arms around his waist prevented him from falling backwards. Finally they broke apart, panting heavily and gasping for oxygen as they laughed lightly to themselves.

“S-sorry, you just-You look adorable,” Jonghyun breathed, then laughed harder when Key whacked him on the arm.

“There. That was your early Christmas present. Night!” Key stomped towards the door, only to be chased by Jonghyun who caught his wrist, spun him around and slammed him against the door, pressing himself flush against Key. This obviously took Key by surprise and he squealed loudly as he was sandwiched between the wood and his boyfriend. Jonghyun kissed gently down Key’s jaw and neck, ending at his collar bone and brought his lips back to Key’s, kissing him passionately. Jonghyun pulled away and leant his forehead against Key’s, looking deep into his darkened eyes.

“You promised me something,” he whispered, his words dripping with lust.

“You’re right...”Key smiled and entwined their fingers together as he led them both towards the single bed.

A/N This chapter is a bit rubbish. D: (ok ok, a lot rubbish)

YAY I FINALLY GOT TO UPLOAD THE JONGKEY BIT! :D I hope you like it. :')