Wishes don't come true

First Snow First Kiss

Ga Eul sat up on her bed and stretched her arms up, yawning. "Today is gonna be better." She smiled.

After washing up, she trodded down the stairs to find herself alone. "Junhyung?" Her voice echoed and bounced off the walls. She found a piece of post-it stuck on the dining table and went to read it.

 

Ga Eul, I'm meeting someone. You go out and have fun today too.

- J

 

Ga Eul scowled and crumpled the post it. She whipped out her phone and dialled Yoseob's number. "Hey, get out."

 

 

~

 

 

 

Ga Eul swung her legs while gripping onto the metal chains on either side of her. She swung up and down, up and down, as Yoseob warily pushed her.

"Harder, you weakling!" Ga Eul giggled. "You're not exactly light, you fatty."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!?!?!" Ga Eul yelled and jumped off the swing, facing Yoseob. Yoseob cowered back and smiled sheepishly. "Hehehe.....calm down lovey.........."

Ga Eul screamed happily and jumped on Yoseob's back. He ran around yelling in joy, trying to get her off. Ga Eul ruffled his hair roughly and let out a melodious laughter.

After playing around for half an hour, they finally laid down on the grass patch side by side, admiring the clear blue sky. Ga Eul turned and laid on her side, facing Yoseob. She smiled softly and traced his features with her eyes.

Yoseob turned his head and caught her eyes. His heart skidded to a stop and he could hardly breathe.

*What's happening?!* He thought anxiously. He looked away quickly with whirling thoughts and shifting eyes. *I can't fall for her. I can't. This is not supposed to happen.*

"Yoseobie." Ga Eul called him out softly. He bit his lips and took every ounce of courage to look into her eyes again. "I'm glad I met you."

"Does Junhyung treat you well? If he doesn't, I'll bash him out for ya." Yoseob replied tiredly. "We hardly talk, actually." Ga Eul shrugged.

*Hyung, you just don't know how to appreciate.* Yoseob thought sadly. He pulled Ga Eul up on her feet and held her hand, causing Ga Eul to blush a little. "Let's go find him now."

 

They took a bus down the town to  the Sky Garden Shopping Mall, after Yoseob tracked Junhyung's GPS location mischevously. "You better not tell hyung!!!" He pleaded an amused Ga Eul.

 

They finally found him on the rooftop where many people were resting on benches and playing at the waterpark.

Ga Eul started to break into a smile but stopped short when she found who was beside him, smirking at her. "Hello, sis." She mouthed to her.

Ga Eul gripped onto Yoseob's arm and he felt how uncomfortable she was. "You wanna go now?"

Just then, Junhyung turned around and his eyes dilated with anger. He walked briskly and quickly towards Ga Eul who winced a little behind Yoseob, who stood in front of her to protect her.

"Get lost." He mumbled, closing his eyes, trying hard to suppress his anger. "Hyung, why are you like this?!" Yoseob protested, holding onto Ga Eul's hands protectively.

Junhyung pointed to her and scoffed. "She's not who she claims to be. She's not the 'Ga Eul' we knew since kindergarden, Yoseob. She kept it from us all these while. She lied." He then pointed behind him. "THAT'S the Ga Eul we knew."

Yoseob clenched his teeth. "Does it matter?"

"OF COURSE IT DOES. SHE LIED. TO ALL OF US. She said she was the one who knew us. She was just trying to get close to us. That girl behind me told me everything. Don't you see that!?" Junhyung yelled, causing a commotion. People were staring and pointing, taking pictures.

"DON'T YOU TRUST HER?! She's your wife, for goodness sake!"

Junhyung was taken aback. Yoseob hardly ever yells at anyone - he had never seen him so angry. "Look what you've done to him." Junhyung muttered and grasped his fingers tightly around Ga Eul's arm and pulled her from behind Yoseob.

Ga Eul's eyes welled up with tears. "She didn't tell you everything," Her voice quivered with fear and sadness. She felt a bruise forming under his grip already but she tried her hardest not to whimper.

Yoseob frowned but his eyes widened in astonishment. "Hyung, a man will never hurt a female. Physically and verbally. Let her go now." He tried to say it calmly.

Junhyung, instead, pulled her closer and glared at her. "You have no idea how sick I am of you. You're trying to be someone you're not. Hara was right about you the whole time." He shoved her and she fell onto the ground, sobbing.

 

Suddenly, someone came up to him, grabbed him in the collar and threw a punch on his face. Junhyung wiped his bleeding lips with his thumb and narrowed his eyes at a brown-haired male in front of him.

Junhyung was about to hit him when Ga Eul quickly stood up and stood in front of him with her arms held out. It was too late for Junhyung. His fist smashed across Ga Eul's cheeks and she fell on her knees.

Yoseob gasped in horror and stood rooted to the ground. A crowd was forming, surrounding around the five.

Ga In's jaw dropped open. "WHAT'RE YOU DOING TO MY SISTER?!" She yelled and went beside Ga Eul, hugging her protectively. Junhyung was dumbfounded. "You...you......"  He stuttered. "I didn't mean for you to hit her!!!!!!!!!!!" Ga In yelled. She lifted Ga Eul's face up.

Her face was filled with tears and a large bruise was forming on her cheekbone.  Ga Eul warily pushed her sister away. "Don't. Just...don't." She whimpered. She looked up at Junhyung who was pale in the face. "I...It was an accident...." He kneeled down beside her and tried to touch her but Ga Eul cowered from him.

She was afraid.

She slowly crawled backwards, trembling. "L.Joe...L.Joe...." She whispered, her voice vibrating with exhaution and fear.

The brown-hair boy quickly picked her up in his arms and carried her bridal-style out of that horrific scene. She wrapped her arms around his neck and sobbed loudly, wetting his neck and his clothes.

 

Yoseob shook his head but his face showed an expression of nervousness. He walked backwards, breathing loudly. "I don't know who you are anymore, hyung. I'm scared of you. This is what happens everyday at home, right? If anything happens to her, i don't know what I'll do to you." He ran out of that place as quickly as he can.

 

Junhyung finally gave in. He fell onto his knees and clenched his fists. *What have I done.....*