Bad news

First Snow First Kiss

Ga Eul's eyes fluttered open and sunlight entered her blurry vision. Blinking hard, she tried to sit up but her spine hurts. Letting out a grunt, she is forced to lie back down. "Where the heck....." She mumbled, trying to remember what happened.

Her left leg was lifted up in suspension, with a thick white cast around around it. Her right arm was bandaged, with red stains on it. Her face had deep cuts which were covered with plasters.

*Ouch....*

Someone grabbed her hand all of a sudden. "You scared me...." Ga Eul turned her head slightly to the left, only to see Yoseob's tears rushing out of his eyes. "Pabo...." She heard another say.

Looking around the room, her parents, BEAST and 4Minute, were all in the room.

A flashback of what happened last night popped into her mind. Suddenly, a loud honk out in the streets by her big truck was heard and Ga Eul gasped, pulling the blanket up to cover her head. Shivering because of the phobia she attained, everybody tried to console her quickly.

Junhyung stood across in a corner, examining the whole situation. When he got the call from Yoseob a few hours ago, he immediately ditched Hara to visit Ga Eul.

Letting out a huge sigh of relieve, he walked out of the ward.

Hyuna helped Ga Eul to sit up. Ga Eul blamed herself for all that happened. Her dad scolded her for being such an idiot, but her mum stopped him.

"Noona..did you know that..." Dongwoon started to say, but got shushed by Jihyun. "What's going on?" Ga Eul asked worriedly. "You're getting married."

*MWORAGO!?*

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?" Ga Eul's jaw dropped open and her eyes widened. "ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN MY LIFE?" She asked, disbelieved.

"Calm down.." Yoseob furrowed his eyebrows and patted her back. "WHO THE HECK MARRIES AT AGE 18? IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?!" Ga Eul yelled into her mother's face.

"Enough of this nonsense, Ga Eul. It was an arranged marriage and you agreed to it." Her dad came up front and bellowed. "This must be a mistake." Doojoon held his hand up. "When did I EVER agree?!! Bull." Ga Eul crossed her arms and scoffed.

Ga Eul's father went to the small tv at the front of the ward and turned it on, slipping a CD into the player. He pressed play and  a video started to roll.

 

 

A boy held a wilted flower in his hand and gave it to the girl beside him. "I like you," he said. "You must marry me 10 years later. Only we can like each other. Pinky swear?" He held up his pinky. The girl smiled shyly and hooked her pinky to his pinky. "Pinky swear."

 

 

The video ended, leaving Ga Eul speechless. "THAT'S ME?! WHO THE HECK IS THAT ----I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO'S THAT!!!! I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER HIM!" She screamed, creating a tantrum.

"Ga Eul-ah." Her father voiced out, an obvious edge to his voice, but Ga Eul cut him off. "I was 8 years old father, how can this....HOW CAN THIS BE COUNTED AS A PROMISE FOR A MARRIAGE!?!??! I must be dreaming. I must be dreaming."

Ga Eul closed her eyes and begged the heavens. Hoping that when she opened her eyes, everybody in the room will be gone. She slowly opened one eye, then another. *Shoot. I'm out of luck.*  She groaned and hugged Yoseob's arm. "I wanna marry Yoseob," She whined, "Please dad, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee."

Yoseob jumped back in surprise. BEAST and 4Minute sniggered and tried to hold in their laughter, but they pitied Ga Eul still. "I don't wanna!" Yoseob yelled. "HOW COULD YOU!" Ga Eul retorted. "SO MUCH FOR THE 'I'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE' TALK LAST NIGHT!!!!!"

"WELL, IT'S CALLED AN EMPTY GESTURE!"

"I HATE YOU YANG YOSEOB."

"WHATEVER!!!!"

"Okay dad, mum. I'll marry Hyuna." Ga Eul pulled Hyuna nearer to her bedside. Hyuna had the same reaction as Yoseob. Ga Eul grunted and pouted. "Sorry honey. The other family really honours promises and...We need their partnership for our business." Ga Eul's mum pleaded.

"You're sacrificing your daughter's happiness for your business?" Hyunseung quietly asked. There was a deafening silence in the room for a while.

Just then, Junhyung came into the ward again, holding a jug and a glass. Everybody turned and gaped at his sudden appearance. "Just went to get water...." He eyed them and walked to the bedside table, placing the jug and glass down.

"It's final." Ga Eul's dad nodded his head once strictly and went out of the ward, pulling her mum with him. Once the door slammed closed, Ga Eul screamed in despair. "What happening?" Junhyung asked, confused. "Let's just say, you just missed your chance." Yoseob patted his back, shaking his head.

*Huh?*

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After 3 days, Ga Eul made a fast recovery and was discharged, but she couldn't move around much even with the help of clutches.

The three had already recorded their project in the hospital when Yoseob brought his laptop over so Ga Eul could record her parts in bed. At the end of the 3rd day, she was discharged and she went home.

Lying on her comfy bed again, she sighed and checked her phone which was filled with get well soon wishes. She scrolled down, reading all the messages with a soft smile till she saw a certain person's name which caused her heart to ache all over again.

 

From : Bastard Junhyung

Why are you still awake?

 

*Huh? How did he know...?*

 

To : Bastard Junhyung

Im not~ kekeke.

 

Ga Eul didn't want to come off too friendly but she couldn't help being mad at him for so long. Junhyung wasn't hers to begin with anyway.

 

She clutched her phone to her chest and anticipated for his reply.

 

From : Bastard Junhyung

Eyyyy~ bbong!  Bbong bbong bbong.           (A/N : It means : Lie!)


Ga Eul couldn't help but smile.

 

To : Bastard Junhyung

Wae? Messaging me all of a sudden...

 

From : Bastard Junhyung

Can't I?

 

To: Bastard Junhyung

Aniyo....

 

From : Bastard Junhyung

Hara's gonna stab my face 50 times.

 

To : Bastard Junhyung

MWOH!?!?! WAE?

 

From : Bastard Junhyung

Well she said that after she slapped me a couple of times.....Coz I told her some bad news..

 

To : Bastard Junhyung

Pabo? You don't know how to defend yourself? What's the "bad news" then?

 

From : Bastard Junhyung

Um....I'm...Aish, forget it. Go to sleep. Good night.

 

Ga Eul read the messages over and over again till she fell asleep peacefully. *At least you won't get married to someone you don't love, Junhyung.*