L.Joe and Yoseob

First Snow First Kiss

It was New Year's Eve.

Flowers were thrown over Ga Eul as she held her dress and walked down the red carpet. Music was playing but she couldn't hear it. She didn't want to.

She was marrying someone who didn't love her back.

Junhyung held his hand out. Ga Eul reluctantly put her hand on his and they faced each other. The church quietened down as people watch excitedly.

"You may now say your vows." The priest smiled.

"I, Yong Junhyung, take thee, Han Ga Eul, to my lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth."  Junhyung said is casually like it was nothing meaningful to him.

Ga Eul cleared nervously.

"I, Han Ga Eul, take thee, Yong Junhyung, to my lawful wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and to obey, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth."

 

~

 

Both of them settled into the house their parents gifted them as a wedding gift.

It was not a huge mansion like what they were used to - not too big, not too small.

Ga Eul got the master bedroom while Junhyung picked the smaller one. Their parents did not know they were going to sleep apart, so it was their own little secret.

It was already 9PM by the time the move into the house was finished.

Junhyung left the house without even telling Ga Eul so he could find Hara. Ga Eul was hurt, but she kept telling herself over and over again that he's not worth it.

This marriage will be over soon enough. She just need to persevere on.

Ga Eul visited L.Joe at the hospital.

He seemed to recover fast - and he was happy to see her.  Ga Eul held his hand with both of her hands and smiled at the pale L.Joe.

"Feeling better today?" She asked. "Yeah." He nodded. "Sorry, Ga Eul. I didn't come for your wedding today." L.Joe sat up and lowered his head.

"You silly head." Ga Eul ruffled his hair.

"Is he treating you right?" L.Joe muttered. "N-ne....." She replied solemnly.

L.Joe eyed her. He knew she was lying. He linked his hand with hers and their eyes met. "You wanna go somewhere?"

Ga Eul widened her eyes. "Where?"

"I don't know. We'll just walk around and talk. You know, get to know each other." L.Joe smirked. Ga Eul hesitated. She's a married woman now.

Just as she started to shake her head, L.Joe got out of his bed and pulled her out of the ward. "Clear your mind. We're gonna go somewhere fun." L.Joe persuaded.

Ga Eul thought hard and slowly broke into a smile. "Let's go."

 

 


They went to the arcade and played DDR as well as a racing car game. It was the first time after so long Ga Eul could manage to keep all her burdens at the back of her mind - forgotten.

"YOU'RE SUCH A KLUTZ!" Ga Eul giggled as L.Joe fell off the small dance stage of DDR. L.Joe scowled and rubbed his chest. "How can you treat a sick person like that." He faked coughed.

Ga Eul smacked his arm playfully.

Her phone rang and vibrated in her pocket but she didn't bother to pick it up. She didn't want to care about anything right now.

 

~

 

L.Joe walked Ga Eul back home. It was silent the whole way there, but it wasn't awkward at all. They appreciated each other's presence and were smiling the whole time.

Ga Eul stood at her door and waved. "Thanks for today, L.Joe." She smiled.

L.Joe pulled her into a tight hug. "Visit me soon, Mrs Yong." He pulled awayed and winked. Ga Eul chuckled and waved again. "Go back to the hospital safely~"

She went into the house, not expecting Junhyung to be home.

Instead, she found Junhyung, Yoseob and Hyuna sitting on the couch with a dull expression. Yoseob was staring into space. He looked up and saw Ga Eul and his eyes dilated. Ga Eul watched as his expression changed from anger to sadness to hurt.

Junhyung sighed. "Where were you?" He spoke softly.

Ga Eul quickly sat down beside Yoseob, worried. "Seobbie, what's wrong?"

"Ga Eul-ah, did you forget?" Hyuna mumbled softly, eyeing her.

"Mwoh?" Ga Eul really didn't understand the situation right now. Yoseob's eyes welled up with tears. Ga Eul quickly hugged him, shocked. "What happened?" She whispered.

 

After a long pause, Yoseob finally swallowed the lump in his throat. "Umma....she didn't make it....she pro...she promised me....."

Ga Eul's heart beat fast with extreme guilt. She totally forgot how special this day was supposed to be for her best friend. "I'm so sorry. I really am." She didn't know what else to say.

Yoseob blubbered and kept crying. He clutched his heart in pain and the two girls cried along. "Who were you with?" Junhyung didn't let the matter rest.

Ga Eul see no need of answering him. All she know now, is how she ditched her best friend today.