Don't Leave

Your Melody Remains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meanwhile, at Taekwoon's home that reeked of alcohol, his father sat, holding yet another shot in his hand as he tried reaching his son.

He clicked the call button again as he drank up his shot, slowly.

-We're sorry. The number you're trying to reach is not available. Please try again later.-

The father sighed.

The door slowly opened then as a familair business man barged in.

"Manager Jung, are you really going to be like this?" Hakyeon shot, sassily as he entered with a folded newspaper in his hand, which he threw at the table of the old man.

"Look at this."

The paper had a cover of the famous Ravi mansion and the contestants who died inside it.

"Taekwoon had participated in this, isn't it? Wow~ He really has no common sense. But did you know? They say no one has managed to pull it off. Not for 10 years." Hakyeon laughed but it soon died down as a cold, dead face, death glare of Taekwoon appeared in his mind. But... How come I feel so uneasy about this?... If it's Taekwoon.... He might even be able..... Damn it! 5 Million dollars!

"Managaer Jung, if you care about your son at all, you should close this place down. You should take the money I gave you and demolish this ghost house and find a new place to live. Do you know how Taekwoon was treated in high school?"

The father immediately flinched. 

Hakyeon laughed, now that he got a reaction, he continued.

"People don't want to talk about it but... The people in Shooting Star Land kept their distance from you and your son."

"What are you talking about?" Mr. Jung asked as he took a sip of his yet another shot.

"You know... The amusement park started to go under after that event. As if it got cursed."

"What event?"

"You know, the event where your wife committed suicide."

"BULL!" Yelled Mr. Jung, smashing the glass on the table as he was shaken all over.

"Oh... I'm sorry. It was an accident." Hakyeon waved his hand in a heartless manner, as if he was just telling a tale. "An accident where she was found dead hanging infront of her own son. You'll just have to believe me....!" Hakyeon couldn't finish his sentence as Mr. Jung held him by collars and violently shook him. 

"YOU BASTARD! How dare you!!!" The father roared as the other's clothes started to tear. 

"My clothes!" Hakyeon shouted as he pushed the man away roughly, making him fall the floor.

Hakyeon heaved angrily, fixing his tie. "It would've been nice if you left from the very beginning, don't you think!? How come you can't get it through your brain? EVERYONE WANTS YOU AND YOUR SON GONE!" Hakyeon exclaimed. "No one can be that dens-" He stopped mid-sentence as worry set over his face.

Something seemed off.

Mr. Jung wasn't moving. 

"Stop acting like you're hurt. You think that's gonna get you some settlement money?" 

The breathing couldn't be heard and Hakyeon's face drained of colour. 

"Manager Jung!" 

 

 

 

Taekwoon felt weak as he tried getting up from his bed. 

The glass he held in his hand fell to the floor, shattering into many pieces as soon as he stood up. 

As he reached down to pick it up, he cut his finger and whimpered, "Ow.."

He looked at the blood that dripped on the floor and then at his finger with a shocked look on his face. 

Did he just react to pain?

 

 

"Ah yes, very well. I will let him know." The butler said as he put the phone back down.

"What happened?" Ravi asked.

"I just received a phone call that Taekwoon's father collapsed. He's in a critical condition it seems."

Ravi's eyes widened in worry.

"Does... Does he have to leave right away?" He asked.

"Is there a reason that he should stay? You already..." The butler smiled widely, fixing his glasses and Ravi's throat dried up. 

"... I know..." I completed the song. But I wonder if I can succeed without him...

 

 

 

Taekwoon sat in the living room with his feet up and knees close to his face - a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter