Recognition

Your Melody Remains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's too dark.." Leo said as they entered a pitch black way. 

Ravi kept walking straight until he heard the strange noises which became agressive as he approached the place closer. Whispers filled his ears but when he realised they were right where he wanted, he snapped his fingers and the lights , shocking Leo.

They were in some kind of a beaten down dresser room. He looked around and saw Ravi sitting on one of the dressing tables with props around it. Looking further there were shelves and shelves on the walls. Filled with mysterious things he couldn't make out what yet.

"What is this place?" He asked.

"High Class Objects D'art." Ravi answered casually.

 

Leo reached towards the shelves and saw tons of dolls that were in rags. 

"Wow, they're really beat up...They actually look like they're possessed." The doll he was touching immediately moved it's eyes to look at him.  "Wow..." he stood in awe as he felt the heartbeat of the doll. His heart thumping wildly like a child in excitement.

 

Ravi smiled as he watched the other's face fill with color again, eyes bright. 

Of course. This place would seem like a treasure chest to you.

He watched as Leo tiptoed to reach something above and he suddenly got anxious.

"Be careful! They're expensive!" He ordered the other who gasped and pulled his hands to his side in a flash. 

"...What a cheapskate." Leo commented before turning towards the shelves again.

They're pretty rebellious these days. It's NOT safe.

No sooner had he thought that and looked up, he was shocked to see a ghost with two heads right above Leo, scratching the walls and smiling threateningly at him. 

Ravi didn't need to worry though. He knew they won't harm Leo as long as he's here.

 

"Can I stay here?" Leo asked softly as he looked at the other. 

"Hm.. I haven't made up my mind yet." Take that.

"Don't take too long. If you don't want me to, I'll leave without looking back. I did all that I could do. Because, I have to find another way to save my ghost house." Should I push it even further? After all I did too?

"You can stay! But, don't you ever think of decieving me again! Because you're my second chance!" Ravi sternly said though he was blushing. He didn't even know what was happening to him and why was he reacting this way.

"Okay~" Leo answered in a sing song voice despite the neutral expression. He liked watching Ravi being flustered for no reason. 

Damn it! Why am I always the one to give in first?! Argh...

While Ravi was lost in thoughts of how he was being sensitive for no reason, Leo was thinking the opposite.

"Second chance? This happened to him before? I'm his second...?" He asked himself, but Ravi had heard him. 

 

"..... There was a time when I wanted absolutely nothing to do with music, a time when I thought there was no reason to live. But after hearing some boy's voice, I was able to get better." Ravi should not be feeling so sad thinking back to the time he heard that voice behind the wall, but he did. He wished he knew who he was. 

It was a rebirth for me. 

 

"You... You have a voice ." Leo deadpanned while Ravi shouted a "Shut up!" 

Taekwoon smiled and the latter caught a glimpse of it, his heart skipping a few beats as his eyes watched them in slow motion before he turned around towards the dolls. 

'Did you just... smile?" Ravi asked himself more than asking the latter but Leo was busy with the dolls, his face coloring each time he saw one that interested him.

Or maybe he didn't... Ravi looked away, trying his best to settle the feeling growing in his chest, but it failed when he blushed, a small smile decorating his face. 

Huh? His eye caught something at that moment. 

A piano.

A small old piano with just 12 keys. 

"I haven't seen this in a long time.." Ravi walked towards it, pressing down a dusty key and bloodied face appeared in front if his own, screaming but disppearing into the air shortly. 

Good. Stay gone.

He smiled as he pressed the keys, making the music that he felt from his heart. 

His heart when he was stuck in that asylum.

 

Leo upon hearing the tune turned around, Crush? Not bad at all. The more he listened to it, the more his heart lightened. 

He smiled, a soft voice leaving his mouth, then another.

Until he realised he sang. 

He touched his lips.

I sang... even with him here...

He turned to look at the man who smiled to himself as he played the small piano. His broad back straight as he pressed the keys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter