Secrets 2

Your Melody Remains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I have an announcement to make." The butler started as he stood at the end of the table where everyone was having lunch. They were mainly snacks and soups, nothing too heavy, but it was still very delicious. Leo wondered if the butler made all this food alone since there were no maids in such a mansion which was actually surprising. He reached forward to get another mini glass of chocolate mousse which had a distinct different taste. It was too delicious that it made Leo close his eyes in satisfaction every time he tasted it. It even had white chocolate sprinkles on it with the tinniest of cherries that he had ever seen decorated around the mousse's rim. 

The butler cleared his throat, "As per the rule, if you haven't forgotten, we have extended the time of living in this mansion upto a month for the rest of the brave contestants." Leo's eyes widened and the mousse suddenly tasted sour and bitter on his tongue, the bile had reached his mouth and he couldn't feel his heart anymore. "That's atrocious!" Chen called out, speaking out Leo's thoughts to his ease since he really didn't want to attract attention. "Why a month when everyone leaves within days? And if they don't leave you do some crazy like killing them!" Chen added. Leo always thought Chen was the most laidback person from them all because of his flighty character, but here he was, getting angry and looking barren. It made him wonder if Chen is actually scared or perhaps he saw something. 

"Mister Chen, I should bring it to your attention that you did enter the competition knowing this. The rules wouldn't change for you." The butler said and when Leo looked at him, he was actually baffled to see that the butlers' eyes were slightly open and he actually had white eyes with black all around where he was supposed to have his whites. He looked around, his eyes moving frantically, to see if anyone else noticed what he did, but it looked like no one did. The butler's reply was another problem for Leo too. Hakyeon had only given him a week! What was he supposed to tell his father now? He quickly thought up a plan and excused himself from the table.

 

It was early evening and Leo still had to decide what to write. He had his palms over his eyes and kept rubbing them repeatedly as if trying not to feel tired. He sat at the comfortable coffee table and looked outside into the scenic beauty of the evening. The clear skies were a hue of purple and orange, the birds flew across the horizon in a group that was shaped in an arrow, below, the trees were moving softly with the wind and the birds chirping could be heard loud and clear. He smiled to himself as he looked at them, feeling peace sweep into his senses. 

His eyes snapped open as he suddenly jolted awake from where he was sitting, he turned his head around in shock to see the moon was up and clear. He looked at his paper and gave a defeated sigh when he realised he didn't write anything. What was he supposed to write anyways? He got up and turned to his bed when he noticed a bright red ball of yarn with one it's fiber leading to his closet. It suddenly moved closer towards the closet as if the fiber was being pulled. Leo decided to follow it.

 

Taehyung lay in his room after being awoken by the splashing sounds and the nightmare again. He stared up at the ceiling, "I thought they weren't real... I was so excited to investigate but look at me here..." He spoke to himself, "I can't ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter