Found and Lost

Your Melody Remains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonsik played the piano slowly as soon as the sun was gone, darkness taking over the skies and the moon was held high.

There's no way you could be a monster...

You probably have lush hair and glowing skin... and emerald eyes. You are the world's most beutiful angel.

 

 

the boy on the other side listened to the melody that was played from the room next to his.

His face stoic, eyes blank and dead. Even when he looked at the moon there was not a single ray of light in his eyes.

 

The nurse stood outside their rooms quietly. Smiling.

 

"Ahem! I usually don't sing, but..."

Wonsik opened his mouth, trying to sing a few syllables.

That is until his voice cracked and he croaked an "ack!"

 

He's seriously tone deaf... The nurse thought as her smile fell for a while at the disappointing high pitch.

 

Wonsik decided to sing softly instead. His low tone mixed with the melody of the piano fit well.

He smiled as he sang.

 

 

The boy watched as the darkness in his eyes faded slowly when the wall he pressed his head against started looking bright. 

He smiled when the voice on the other side cracked.

He opened his mouth and sang along to whatever the person on the other side was singing. 

 

Wonsik stopped when he heard the voice, still playing the piano, his face coloured. 

"Yes!" His smile grew wider.

 

"Wonderful!" He commented after a while of playing the tune and listening to the breathtaking voice on the other side: Soft but felt like they're throwing arrows at his heart, arrows that made him bleed out the unnecessary heaviness he felt in them. "Really, I can die happy right now."

 

The nurse smiled, sighing. Leaving the mysterious duo to themsleves. 

 

I want to get out of this place....

With you.

 

 

Wonsik fixed his hair in the bathroom.

Today was the day he will be meeting his "parents".

He fixed his hair with the gel given to him by the kind nurse.  He pulled them back, looking chic. 

"Try to look as normal as possible.." He told himself.

 

 

The nurse plucked some beautiful red roses from the backyard of the Hospital.

"Why am I doing this?"

I wonder if letting them meet is even a good idea...

The nurse got distracted from her thought as she heard running steps stop behind her. 

When she looked back, a doctor stood. 

 

 

"WONSIK!" She banged open the dressing room where the said man was.

"The flowers?" Wonsik held out his free hand behind him as he fixed his looks.

"Wonsik... Your parents...." She wore a somber expression when he looked at her, his eyes moving towards a doctor behind her.

 

 

"Why did they go for a drive so late at night?"

"The wife died instantly and Kim died soon after arriving at the hospital."

Wonsik stood in front of the two coffins that contained his parent's dead bodies.

I'm glad this happened, you were both.... Punished.

He pressed his lips tightly, then bit them to avoid any pain that threatened to build up for their loss.

I was already alone anyway.

 

"Before your father died, he left the inheritance in your hands. On condition that you follow his footsteps." The doctor who came to inform the death, Greg, said.

Wonsik's eyes darkened, "So he still wants me to help him out even though he's dead? Wow, he must've been really stressed that he possessed no musical talent..."

An image of his sick mother coughing, came into his mind. She always inspired him...

He grunted frustratedly.

"My mother could have lived if you just gave her your pocket money." The inheritance means nothing to me, I'm starting to miss the hospital.

Siren

His eyes widened.

"I need to find a boy..." The butler hummed in question.

I want to hear your voice one more time.

 

Wonsik started playing his grand piano and writing lyrics since that day onwards.

 

 

"I don't think this is a good idea..." A lady said as she stood next to young man in front of a grand mansion that seemed abandoned. 

They entered.

"They said the person who lives here is young, but not all there." The male said as they walked, searching for the source of the melody that reached their ears. "His father put him in a menta; hospital... And he got out right after his father died. All he does is play piano all day."

"Hyuk, do you believe all that?" Hani asked in a sarcastic tone. "How can a crazy man perform music like this?" She said as they boths tood in front of a blue door from where the source of the sound came from.

"He murders young women... and cuts them into pieces..."

 

Wonsik groaned, I can hear everything you're saying out there! A vein popped in his head.

 

Hyuk laughed when Hani told him he watched too many strange movies and he replied he isn't joking in a chlidish tone.

 

"SHUT UP!" Wonsik yanked the door open to find the duo in front. 

His eyes fixated on the girl... who looked exactly... like how he imagied the Siren to be...

Luscious hair, glowing skin, bright eyes, pink lips.... She was just so beautiful. 

A female version of how he imagined the Siren to be. 

"Uhm... We heard you play the piano.. so...." Hani started while Hyuk kept watching Wonsik strangely, an eye brow cocked.

 

Wonsik sat on his chair, holding his face in his hands. 

He didn't know why his heart felt so strange, as if telling him this is wrong.

But, he was so desperate to see the Siren....

She is the Siren.

"I'm sorry that I'm late." Doctor Greg said as he handed a folder to the other. "These things aren't hard to find, but I actually knew someone who matched the clues you told me. The boy's information is all in that folder."

 

Wonsik was about to open it when Hani entered the room.

"Wonshik, Wonshik" The said man pulled out of his trance by the calling voice. 

"You will be part of the band, right?" She smiled at him.

Wonsik smiled back.

He nodded, throwing the unopened folder inside the bin next to his seat.

 

He got up, holding Hani's face in his hands. 

There is only...

He kissed her forehead.

One woman destined for me.

 

I wonder why we turned out this way.

 

"Then I guess it's over between us.." Hani said with a broken voice, tears falling from her eyes as she turned and walked briskly to leave the room.

"It's not like this is the first time we've fought!" Wonsik roared, "You'll come back to me as if nothing happened, like you always do. Walking off like that because I was a little cross with you....You know I've been in a slump for a long time. You're not a narrow minded woman!" 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  .

"Hani... I turned everything back to normal, I turned my retirement into a rumour and continued to put on the show that's been cancelled. I hired Hyuk back... Although he did refuse at first... I did my best but...HOW COME THERE ISN'T ANY NEWS OF YOU!?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter