Memories

Your Melody Remains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ravi sat on the single couch, his cheek propped against his knuckles, face leaning onto them in thought.

"Did I push him too hard?.. A fever, huh?... But.." Why does he keep asking about the song?

He smiled.

"Yeah.... Well... Just like how Taekwoon was desperate to reach his mom... I was desperate to reach that boy." Taekwoon must've felt that..

 

"Do you miss him?" A shadowy figure of Hani appeared in front of him, looking sad but her eyes were empty.

"No." Ravi answered without hesitance.

Hani's eyes softened.

"When you were going through a difficult time, I couldn't do anything for you." The figure of his imagination said. 

"I know." He answered rather tiredly, "But, all the disappointments and troubles I've experieced was so I could meet you. Even if I had none of those experiences, if I had met that boy... I would have hated it." He smiled sadly.

 

"I can't imagine living in a world without you... When I think about how my depression was just a step it's nothing at all."

 

.

.

.

 

A Mental Hospital

 

A skinny Ravi sat on the bed, staring at nothing, his arms filled with bruises, dark black circles under and around his tired eyes.

He opened the palm of his hand, a small blade lay there. 

He took no time in picking it up, the double edged blade cutting into the tips of the fingers holding it.

He brought it down, slashing his wrists without flinching, his gaze fixated on the blood that dripped on the white floor. 

The door opened with a bang as nurses entered the room.

"No! Leave me alone! Let go!" 

The nurses held him down, one of them tying his hands above his head on the bar of the bed while the other tied on the other end of the bed. 

"Let go! Let go!" Ravi struggled still, throwing himself around. 

"Let go! No! No don't!" Ravi screamed as one of the nurses held him down while the other injected him with a liquid that made him blackout within seconds.

 

 

 

"I heard he was the child of a famous musician, why did he go crazy?" 

"I don't know. How sad."

Ravi watched the female nurses, eyeing him through the glass of the door. Like he was some zoo animal.

"He would be just my type if he just shut his mouth..." One of the nurses said as she blushed, smiling.

Ravi bit his lip, grunting angrily. 

"How stupid are you!? I can hear you in here you know! Get lost!" He shouted in annoyance.

"We should gag him." The nurse who was previously blushing, frowned. 

"Why don't you go to hell!?" Ravi shouted again.

"Be the bigger person."  The other nurse laughed.

Ravi huffed. He was so angry. So so so mad. Yet he was helpless. Tied up pitifully around the arms. 

He fell into the hard bed. 

"The child of a famous musician? yeah right!" 

He faced the ceiling. 

"That's really funny..."

.

.

.

 

"Wonsik. It's dad."

His father was standing next to the bed Wonsik's sick mother was laying on, looking at him with cold eyes.

"Let me take a-" A dry cough "-look at your notebook." His mother asked.

Little Wonsik, turned around, with big eyes. Looking at his father for permission.

His father took the notebook from his hands, as he turned the opposite direction, inspecting it while Wonsik climbed the bed to pat and massage his mother's back while she coughed uncontrollably, her face a gruesome pale. 

The father shut the book, a satisfactory smile on his face. 

"Good job." He patted the little boy's fluffy, thick dark hair.

Wonsik felt a slight happiness as he lifted his eyes to his father's smile- but when he saw his father's cold, harsh eyes, his face drained of color and the light immediately faded from his eyes as his eyes fell to the floor.

 

 

On a cold night, when Wonsik was in his pre-teens, his father had asked him to dress well as someone special will visit their home.

He had done as his father had said and waited along with him in their living room.

Clacking sounds neared and someone stepped down the stairs. Upon looking up, a woman with a curvy body and very sharp facial features, along with a caked up face, stepped down the stairs. 

Wonsik felt nervous as his palms sweated in seeing such a woman, a complete opposite of his own mother. 

"Say hello to your step mother." His father gave him a light push and he looked up.

"Is that him?" The words fell sharply, dripping with hatred. She looked down at the boy as if he was trash. 

Wonsik's felt his body going numb. His eyes fell to the floor, like usual. 

 

 

He played a violin while standing in front of his instructor, towering over the other at the age of 15. 

The melody brought light to his father's eyes as he looked truimphantly at his wife.

"Amazing. I'm going to teach those musical snobs who said I was a parasite with no musical talent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter