The Past

Your Melody Remains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taehyung!" 

Taehyung stopped in his tracks on the gravel path as he looked behind him and saw Minho running up towards him. He had a disoriented look on his face when he reached him.

"Why are you leaving? I thought you said you needed the money to cure your sister? Also, to research more on paranormal? What's wrong?" Minho asked, his face pulled in a frown showing how serious and worried he was.

"I think I've already experienced the extent of paranormal. So, I'll be ending my research. As for my sister, I had a job waiting for me since 3 months by my own father's company. If I'll perform well I can ask him for the amount. It'll be alright." Taehyung said in a calm tone with a smile on his face. 

"But.. he abandoned you guys! you hated him..." Minho said in an assured tone. 

"But, sometimes, you have to sacrifice some things and look at the brighter side. That's why... I'm leaving." Taehyung smiled again and turned around when Minho held his arm. 

"What happened. Tell me." Minho wasn't asking. He was demanding answers from Taehyung. So, he turned around and looked Minho straight in the eyes.

"Minho, I think this mansion unravels the deepest, darkest secrets and fears in our hearts and displays it to us as our worst nightmare coming true. Now I know why the previous contestants left and why Chen has been looking very pale lately. I'm just very confused about how did this mansion get such strong spirits to do all this.. it's very strange.. but.. sometimes it shows you better things too.. I guess that depends on you though..." Taehyung smiled at the memory of his best friend coming back to save him. His smile made Minho's frown lighter, "I don't believe in ghosts and but, I'll take your word on the first few lines. It's still strange how they found out such personal details about us." He said as he looked down with a wide smile at a brown patched white cat who kept rubbing her head against his legs. 

"Yeah... bye then... thanks for being the only friend of mine here, Minho. Wanna exchange numbers?" 

"Yeah sure." 

They exchanged their numbers and waved their goodbyes as Minho went back into the mansion. 

 

Leo immediately stood up, turning around and desperately trying to open the closet door which was shut but one hard push was all it took for the doors to open and be shut again by him from the other side. He let out a shaky breath and reminded himself about what Bang had told him.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door and he flinched, moving away from the closet slowly. Something came under his foot and he saw the yarn again. This time he realised that it was the red yarn his mom used to use the most for making his tiny sweaters and mittens. It was her favorite color. But how did they know that?

"Oh hey! Did I disturb you? You took quite a while." He nodded at Minho who came in and sat on his bed which made him a little uneasy and asked the latter to change the place to his coffee table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter