What happened

Your Melody Remains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho had looked into Leo's room to see the assets of the room turned over and ruined. His eyes widening as blood covered walls and furnitures.

 

 

Leo looked at the man sitting at end of the long table which was enough to seat 6 people. However, the scrumplicious food set on the table was enough for ten people. With all kinds of roasts and bakes, sweets and delicacies, there were also roses and candle lights set on the table. It made him a little nervous as he stepped closer to the table. 

"You like the food here, don't you?" Ravi said in his low voice which wasn't too heavy on ears but rather pleasant. "Consider it a bribe. Tuck in."

This is too much... Leo eyed the food and looked back at Ravi, "Let's eat toge-" "Listen as you eat. What I want," 

"Is a guide vocal. Here's your contract." Ravi pulled out a printed paper and showed it to Leo who gave him a questioning look as he ate, "I run this mansion now," his chewing slowly came to a halt "but my forte is songwriting. The promised date for the release of my album  is only a few days away, but I haven't been able to write the title song. I've been doing this for years.... only to fail time after time."

"Why...?" Leo was actually interested, songwriting? That's out of the blue...

"Because my producer doesn't like it. That devil." Ravi grit his teeth as he looked away in annoyance and anger. 

"HOW DARE HE KEEP A GENIUS LIKE ME ROTTING AWAY IN HERE FOR YEARS...." Does he think he's the real Kim Wonsik just because of the resemblance... Leo thought as his face became apathetic looking like the face of a wife who has had enough of her cheating husband's lies. Or is this another setup?

"This is my last chance. Be the guide vocal for my song. It's enough if you hum a few lines here and there." Ravi said as he walked towards the other side of the table to set the contract in front of the latter. He put his hand on the table and came close to Leo's face, "Then you'll have what you want; Horror devices? Sure! On top of that I'll also give you five million dollars." 

"For something.... as small as that?" Leo asked a little bewildered. 

"Small?" Ravi looked mocked, "There are some things on which you can't place a value. Aren't you the same? I know you didn't come here solely for money. That's what I like about you. As much as your voice." Ravi said looking away slowly which made Leo flinch in annoyance, "You don't sound sincere though." He said.

"I am sincere." Ravi answered with an empty look on his face as he seemed to be looking off into the distance at nothing.

"Then apologise." Leo demanded as Ravi kept staring into the distance with the same empty look, "I'm sorry."

This little... Leo was fuming to the point he could feel himself tremble in frustration. "But I don't sing..." he said and Ravi crushed the mini roses he was touching on the table making them crunch. "Why do you play so hard to get?" Ravi said a little louder through his clenched teeth.

"From the start, I never expected you to be amenable..." He said frustratedly as he brushed back his hair and closed his eyes, making him look more attractive than he had intended and Leo suddenly felt an urge to know him more. 

"But I really... want you." Ravi looked at Leo in shock and puzzle as his hand dropped. 

"But... I can't sing in front of an audience." The image of his child self flashed in his mind, when his voice got stuck in his throat as if he was choking, "There's something wrong up here, you see." Leo said with a small sad smile as he pointed towards his head.

Ravi ripped the contract in half. Which scared the other a little as he became nervous to the other's behaviour. 

"I better rewrite this thing. I thought three days would be enough." He walked towards the piano sitting at the far end of the room. "From now on, come here everyday, when the lights are out."

"But I-" Ravi was in front of Leo's face in a flash, cutting him off. "Aren't both of us desperate? We need to put some effort into this."

He turned around and walked towards the piano. He settled himself on it and Leo watched as the other's poise completely changed next to the piano. His fingers hovering over the keys as he spoke, 

"If you have the guts to punch me, you can surely do this." 

It's been a while. Since I last played before the living. Ravi thought as his fingers came down on the piano with a new energy in his body.

Leo watched with surprise and amusement as the passion of the one playing the piano took over the keys.

First set of tune played, he plays pretty well huh?

The second set played, is he a real song writer?

The third powerful symphony played, that made Leo's spine shudder, Effort...

Leo felt the need to sing along and tried to sing but after just an awkward "Ah-" his voice dropped as he saw the feet... hovering above the piano. His eyes clouded with distress. No... I can't... do it... Sweat formed all over his body and face out of stress.

 

"Don't ruin my song with weird moans." Ravi said as he played with eyes shut. He suddenly stopped and looked at Leo with a wide grin, his eyes shining and wide for the first time.

"It's the first night, so just sit and listen. I wrote this song for a woman." Leo looked at him with sweat still appar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter