Angelic

More than a Pretty face
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is dedicated to my 1st subscriber and avid commentator, chingu, I hope you're reading this kamsahanida!

-------------------------------

She must've noticed me staring at her appearance because she exclaimed a surprised 'o' then closed the door at me and yelled from the other side to wait for a minute, and minutes after she came back again her hair now combed intact.

"Come in." She said welcoming me inside the warmth inside their cafe.

I was amazed yet again seeing the interior of the cafe, it was just so refreshing and modern.

"I've been meaning to ask. Who was the interior designer of this place?" I asked.

She looked adoringly at the walls as if a happy memory passed her thoughts. "The people I saved." She said cheekily.

Confused I tried to ask her again but the smell of hot chamomille relaxed my tensed senses and it swarmed my head of thoughts to just relax for now. She offered me a seat before I asked again.

"Who are these people?"

Sipping her tea for a moment she sat down beside me and pointed a portrait. My portrait. "People just like you, I have a brother who comitted suicide, he was dear to me. I never really got over his death so that's why I tried to find solace in stopping people who attempt to do the same thing and help them to find purpose to live again, these portaits that I draw are the people I saved and I have them write inspirational words too, so that people who come here will have a reason to smile. Mostly the ones I were able to save I bring them here afterwards so that they would find sense again, but you on the other hand, before I could bring you here and offer you help, you passed out the minute you stepped on ground."

My cheeks flushed remembering that, It must've been hard for her to carry me all the way to the hospital. I decided to distract myself by browsing all the portaits and somehow, I came to notice one thing.

"They're all at peace,but why's mine sad?" I asked.

Haeun looked at me, then smiled. " I only draw them afterwards when they finally found a reason again, but since I didn't know you I had no whatsoever information about you, not your number and more so your name. And I haven't accomplished helping you entirely, so I drawn you beforehand so that I wouldn't forget. But the only memory I have of you was seeing your sad face."

We stared in each others eyes for quite sometime and her genuine concern made my heart throb so badly, I never knew a girl this compassionate still exists.

Clearing my throat to get back to our conversation, I continued with another question. " So can you tell me what caused their depression and what caused them happiness again?"

Her eyes lit up brightly and she pulled me up to a feet leading me to a portrait of a girl now in an arms of old people. 

"Her name's Ryung, I met her when I was 19 and she's now the same age as the time I met her, she was abused by her drunkard of a father and was even attempted to sold to ion, but she ran away and I saw her standing by the bus station, I pulled her in before she could collide with the train, I let her stay with me for a while and we asked for help with a social worker to contact her relatives and find there whereabouts. And now she's happily living with her grandparents and was able to pursue her dream to be a human right's lawyer." 

After that she pulled me to the portrait of a boy,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter