Motherly advice

More than a Pretty face
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was nighttime and the others headed for bed since we were leaving tomorrow. Truly, it was a tiring day but the gap in our heart was filled in now that we were reunited with our loved ones even thought it was only in a finite amount of time. 

Haeun and I weren't that sleepy yet so we're the only ones awake, we were huddled around a bonfire as we grilled pork belly over the crackling ember. Not a sound was heard but it was a peaceful one and the two of us just wanted to savor it for now. My pork belly was the first one cooked and I turned to show it to Haeun but my face dropped as I saw her distressed one, as she looked at her portion of pork belly with such frustration . 

"You're cooking it wrong." I said and snatched her barbecue stick and started snipping the pork belly into thin pieces.

"I'm not really good at cooking, Unnie's pretty much the cook between the two of us. My hands are pretty much crafted for creating a work of art." She said wrapping the blanket around her tighter.Her hands were shaking despite the fact she was now in her pajamas and a heavy-set blanket was wrapped around her. Feeling rather sympathetic I gave her my blanket since I wasn't that cold in all honesty.

"Your humbleness is just one of your many charms, why is it that you decline that you're great at pretty much everything?" I said flashing one of my most charming smiles to show her how sincere I was.

Haeun punched my arm playfully and quickly withdrawed her hand back, the cold getting to her again. "Flattery will get you everywhere, but i'm sorry it won't work on me. Its not being humble, its just that I'm aware that I'm still at the state of learning, that's all."

The fire crackled so loud that it brought a halt to our conversation and the fatty residue made the pork sizzle indicating that it was now done, bringing the piece of meat in her lips, she was surprised at first by the gesture but said a 'thank you' below her breath and took a cautious bite since it was still hot. Her eyes widened and she let out a satisfactory moan done by the savory taste of the well seasoned pork prepared by my mom.

"You have great parents and your unnie is just the picture of sophistication, I feel like a bum when she's with me. I think I try too hard to look that effortlessly pretty." She said while feeding me a piece of meet at the process, making me blush by the gesture.

"Her? You've gotta be kidding. She can't walk around without feeling that she looked like a giraffe, and she had the self-esteem of an awkward teen at puberty." I said rather incredulous.

"Not from what I see. And I think Jooheon likes your unnie, he was acting shy when unnie offered him a portion of her dessert a while back at dinner."

That same unsettling feeling bubbled in my stomach that was quite similar from when I had a conversation with Wonho earlier. So it was only overprotectiveness, maybe because Haeun was like a sibling to me. But why is it the feeling I had of overprotectiveness over Haeun was far more different  than the one I had for my Noona?

"Well good luck to him, Hye-noona has high standards for men, he has to be atleast 6 centimeters tall than me, with a toned abdomen and has his future set." My mouth was stuffed with atleast 2 strips of meat that it came out ambiguous.

Looking at her again, I saw her biting her lower lip holding in laughter.

"Waeyo?" I asked.

She laughed while shaking her head and suddenly brought a hand to wipe something from the side of my mouth. 

"No wonder, your mom worries about you, you're like an agi, you can't even eat without making a mess." 

Haeun had a fond look in her face as she said that. I couldn't help but look away as she look at me with the same adoration as my umma would.

"Speaking of umma, what was your mom like?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter