I can be your hero

More than a Pretty face
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We are currently performing on stage here at Music core, singing our song 'Hero'. The song was so relatable that I seem to be dancing with even more passion. But only thing is, she doesn't want to be saved by me. Lately, she has been hanging out with Jihoon-you know, my rival. I can tell she had something going on her mind, but why would she not tell me. I've only managed to clasp two charms at her memory bracelet. But at this rate, there won't be memories created if she is going to start avoiding me. 

Last night, I contacted Hyewon-noona to ask for help, and she told me there are two possible reasons, why she wouldn't tell me. No.1 is she just doesn't want you involved, No.2 I might be the one she's talking about. The first choice is a possibility, its in her nature actually, but the other one  was just unlikely but it gave off this feeling that that was the answer to my question. I tried to recall the behavior I had for our previous meet-ups but as far as I know, I was at my best behavior during those times.

With the song finally ending we quickly went backstage, since we were the last performers for today's show and this was our final schedule for this week. A make-up nuna handed me a towel which I gladly took and said my thanks. The first thing I did when we arrived at our dressing room, was check my phone, I had a text from my noona, from umma, and from Haeun. Energized that Haeun texted me, I eagerly opened the message and was greeted by a sad hello, and words that made my blood pump in fear. 'I need you.'

I dressed quickly as possible and declared that I wasn't going to hitch a ride with them, making my manager question my actions, I was turning frantic by the minute but I tried to ask for permission in the most polite way possible. My manager must've sensed it was kinda like a life-and-death situation I was having, so he let me leave but gave me strict instructions that I must be home around 9 in the evening. I thanked him and rushed out of music core to hail a taxi.

Trying to contact Haeun ,the call would just go into voicemail, making my worry grow higher by the minute, I couldn't keep myself still that I constantly begged the driver to hurry up. We now parked by the flower stalls infront of their cafe, and I rushed to their doorstep and collided with the door. Turning the knob, the familiar click of it wasn't heard and therefore I concluded there was nobody around. I decided I would just go home, Now turning to leave, I suddenly stood frozen. Because right across the street was Haeun, crying in the arms of the person who made jealousy bubble up at the pits of my stomach.

Now I know how it feels, of wanting someone to be in their place as they were with someone you had feelings for. 

Haeun finally withdrawed from the hug so I made my way towards them thinking I might still be of use. She called me after all.

"Haeun," I called to her making her turn toward me. She was clearly surprised as she saw me, and she abruptly wiped the tear tracks still shining at her cheeks. Haeun told Jihoon that he could go now and which he replied with a nod then gave me a look that were in the words'you better take care of her'

"I thought you wouldn't come, so Jihoon came over." She said her voice still groggy as she lead the way to their cafe.

I only answered with an 'okay' when in truth, I wasn't okay with the idea of it. 

She opened the door of their cafe with a key, and ushered me inside. The door locked with a metallic clicking sound as she closed and settled sown at the nearest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter