Nope, not at all.

More than a Pretty face
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rain had been drizzling frequently when it was supposed to be sunny since it was the start of March.Umbrella in hand, I was on my way to Haeun and Haneul-noona's cafe. (Haneul is her unnie's name, I remembered it just now). Passing by one of the flower stalls, I paused for awhile staring at the ornamental flowers that still bloomed as if it was spring even though the weather was making everything seem drab and dreary.

The ahjumma guarding it walked out and her eyes opened wide in recognition as she saw me.

"You're the pretty boy that's friends with Haeunnie, thinking of buying flowers for her?" She asked me and started endorsing some of it.

It was actually an amiable thought if I were to buy her flowers so I let her guide me to every bundle she thought Haeun would like. 

"Oh! I remembered something."She exclaimed "Her father used to buy flowers for his three girls-Hea, Haneul, and Haeun-, he would always pass by my shop and ask for sprigs of lavender since the three loved the scent of it."

Oh so that explains why she always had that sleep-inducing scent.

"Can I have a bouquet of them please." I asked politely and reached for my wallet.But as I reached for it the godforbidden song that the DJ played after I answered the concern of a fan, mockingly came up in my head again.

I yelped an 'OW!' in pain making the ahjumma look at me worriedly asking if a tic bit me, which I said no. Come to think of it, a guy only buys flowers for a girl if he's attracted to her. But come on as the caller said the signs were; Heart thumping, well yeah I had that. Random constipation (its the stomachaches actually), I had that too, and the feeling of fear that it would only be one sided. You see, I'm not attracted that last one has never happened to me. 

Anyways, I paid for the flowers and crossed the street towards the doorstep of their cafe. Opening the door, I suddenly felt this chill run up my spine as if what awaits at the other side had something that would scare me. But I disregarded that, and braved myself to open the door.

But I guess that feeling was right. Because as I opened the door I caught sight of Haeun with a look I've never seen her have before. Her laugh was louder and her eyes twinkled brighter as she talked to a guy beside her.

Unknowingly, I clutched the sprigs in my hand tightly that the scent started to overpower. What is this?

It felt like I had tiny needles poked at my heart. Forget needles, it was daggers that was stabbing me. She was still engrossed with the conversation she had with the guy and she wouldn't have caught sight of me, if it weren't for Haneul-noona who poked her by the side and informed her that I was at the door. 

Haeun looked at me in shock and a frightened look flashed across her face. Frightened of what actually? That she was caught having a comical conversation with a guy. Please. She can go talk with a lot of guys, not that I would mind or anything. 

Even though I wasn't in a calm state I headed to her, I came here for my chingu.

"Hey Haeunnie." I greeted and settled myself to the seat beside her, ignoring the astonished look of her other guest.

"Hey," she said busying herself by typing something at her laptop, she's clearly avoiding me.

"I brought you flowers." I said showing her the lavenders I bought.

"Oh that's good." She murmured stil typing.

My heart just dropped as I realized she didn't care at all. I excused myself to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter